120 done at the time I write this stuff (so @Mattie don’t ask :p)
So new weaves and new season (+ copying some stuff from last topic that didn’t really changed) :
Weaves are in a far better place balance wise (between themselves). This time, the 40,80,120 is in a weird place though with not a lot of enemies compared to the others weaves. The 100th one can be a bit difficult (but not nearly as difficult as some from s1 :p)
No “timer” issues, even if we were close sometimes. It’s great on that end.
Weaves still require probably too much aoe at the moment.
Which mean sienna is… again… mandatory and melee is still “kinda weak” because of the huge number of enemies constantly (and the lack of cleave, of course).
Same issue than the 1st and 2nd season on that part.
And it won’t be solved if you don’t reduce the numbers (or limit it). As the damage reduction and stagger resistance do still play a huge role here.
** On various change of difficulty **
- Thanks for removing “bomb rats”.
- I’m not sure that the totems in beasts weaves shouldn’t respawn anymore.
- I do think though that the issue with all your new ideas (as it can be on challenges themselves) is that you go too far on them easily :
- Bomb rats would have be 1 or 2, it would have been better than “let’s make spawn a dozen of them at once”. Also, if you can push them before they explode, it should be pushed “far” and explode. For melee only career.
- Tzeentch twins modifier (which is not weave related, but that’s for the example) is great on elite. Less interesting on small rats.
- Beasts totems respawn would not really be that bad, if they wouldn’t respawn in a mn while you faced boss + overcrowded hordes of elite. So the issue is not that they respawn. It’s that the rate of their respawn is too fast for the situation the player is put in. Removing that respawn entirely does adress the wrong issue =p
Winds themselves :
I think the biggest issue here, is that the different winds finally don’t really change how you approach them. Something which was your main goal at first.
So each wind was intended to be tackled by differents careers or differents loadouts.
But in practice. Due to the stagger/damage resistance, and the crowded part of all that. The wind effect itself is kinda ignored. Your team takes what it needs to be able to kill bosses, waves of buffed elites, and numerous specials, and/or rush through the objectives. If it’s weave of death, or weave of fire, it doesn’t change things.
I do think that the effect should be probably more game changing, but also not “only” an hindrance. So you can play with the effect to help yourself (the best wind effect being heavens for this “type” of play and counterplay).
The meta gameplay (aka pull the next batch/map and turtle because YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE) is not that engaging compared to let’s say “hypertwitch” that forces us to adapt fast. The latter being more interactive, therefore, probably more fun (at least for a good portion of weavers I know).
The scripted thing do kill a bit the replayability, if the meta was more engaging.
- Weaves of death are better now than s1. Thanks to the change. Issue is we now totally ignore the orbs. I somehow guess than speedying the health decay does not really matter since it’s overcrowded anyway.
- Weaves of beast have now totems that don’t respawn. And again, can be mostly ignored by high end careers/weapons.
- Weaves of light is mostly “ignore curse” as you’re being os anyway in high weaves.
- Weave of heavens are still fun. Even if the damage is mostly irrelevant after a while (does not really kill enemies, only stun them and damage them a bit).
- Weaves of shadow still kinda have the same issues than during s1, but being able to block archers helps. You will still get ranged weapons as you have no other way to face flamethrowers & ratlings anyway.
- Weaves of Fire now have the infamous “PUSH THAT DOTS YOU” fixed, and it’s great. But again, effect feels irrelevant.
- Weaves of Jade are kinda less interesting the more you face people. You tend to form a sort of defensive wall with all your people, so you don’t really have to move around, making the thorns less annoying.
- Weaves of Metal are the most boring weaves with the most boring effect period. The visual is stunning, but having armor on all ennemies just make the “overcrowd” problem worse than it is currently. And therefore, you again rely on meta careers and meta weapons, without any time for a melee to shine (I mean, doing other stuff than “staggering”).
On the Rewards
- Shillings. Give us SHILLINGS. Before the added hats I had for more than 30 weeks of weeklies. If you plan to add new stuff every 3 months, I’ll be unable to catch back.
- I do think that the rewards are, again, really poor for the time investment you give. This is a recurring issue in the main game as well. And I do think that even green, blue, yellow, choose-your-color glowing illusions or new recolored skins could help a lot.
- IF it’s come cycling back one day, you could probably retroactively add frames for Season 1. IF you don’t want to cycle them or don’t want to adress that cycling right now, you could also offer SHILLINGS instead.
- Could be more funny stuff, like recolored flames for your flamethrower, or a red weapon with “fixed stats” that you can’t reroll but get a unique look (more work though).
Quality of Life Stuff
Can you please count the 40 first weaves as completed in the challenges as well when you have them completed. It’s more boring to repeat them than it looks. Especially when you have done 41-120, there’s little incentive to go back to 1-40. Kinda like the fact that when you complete legend things, it does also complete the veteran/recruit thing.
Quick play weave would probably be a good idea if you didn’t require again to play ranked for… 120 weaves. Which kinda make the focus shift away from QP. Despite the 40 QP Frame. (which will be done in recruit anyway, as it’s faster)
On the “Season 1” & “Season 2” challenges. Could that tab disappear if we can’t progress them anymore ? There’s currently no point to showing us that we didn’t farm 40 weaves for a commendation chests, so it kinda serve no purpose to show that tab. So either allow us to tackle season 1 challenges (why not could change a bit, and allow new players to not see 5 seasons of nothingness in the challenge tab when they come for Season 5), or make that tab disappear.
Still not progressing the “100 games achievement” even in champion +. I know it’s probably decided, but that’s seriously hindering the progress here. Weaves are not that faster to complete. I think you really should reconsider this.