The Crafting Memorial; lest we forget

except that it’s the exact reason I don’t play unless friends want to

1 Like

So basically we still need to get high total stat Grey weapon with at least one good dump stat being the correct dump stat since even with new points allocation mechanic we can only move certain amount of points so you need to get Grey weapon with good headstart so you can max out what you want and keep dump stat dump.

While it is improvement since you only need to get good Grey ONCE (because no more locks) - it’s still RNG so I will still have to “engage” with sitting on store rotation + using browser App to see if I luck out. So while new system does cut RNG by big portion I wonder why the hell then even keep that randomization of stats… that last drop of RNG. WHY!!!

Just give every weapon 60/60/60/60 with X points of allocation + ability to remove points (to minimum 30 for example) on one stat to further min-max.

I don’t understand why they cling to RNG so much even now when they rework everything. The whole rework seems like someone actually had some good idea for once in Fatshark and used brain but there is still some Potato guy from management in Fatshark (probably the one that loves RNG so much) who would literally die of brain shock if they didn’t leave some RNG…

1 Like

Will pay 10$ for a key:

That offer’s about to expire.

Praise the master.

2 Likes

From how it seems all weapons can be upgraded to a 380 base stat. It’s just where the modifiers end up that’s the random part. And you have to invest materials into it, and you can see what they would be if you maxed them out before investing in them.

3 Likes

I wonder if you can choose to not put modifier points in a stat to be able to raise another stat past the RNG soft cap, like at a 2:1 point ratio or something,

1 Like

Stats, percent, numbers, increase, chance roll, RNG, watching linear numbers increase, watching setbacks from RNG numbers.

Turning into an excel spreadsheet for a casual game with finite maps.

When everyone started playing - Lots of build ideas, what skill nodes to be in synergy with certain blessings. The fun things to think about. Now I just stick to same builds and not going to get sucked into all these stats.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I still can’t visual this part… so we can or not achieve 380 on every weapon no matter of its starting stats and how much RNG it really is. Do we allocate points manually or it’s just another hidden slot machine?

I wish they would just show it step by step

1 Like

380 = can, yes
Allocation = not manual, not random

In the screenshots it looked like the stats rose equally, eg +10 to each of the five stats.

2 Likes

If you look at their recent dev post it shows an image. So like, if you buy a weapon that is 320 base that’s random a usual, but then those bars have a grey bar infront of them going to different end states to a maximum of 380. You can upgrade it along the way from 320 to 380 along predefined paths. Maybe you can only put 5 more points in damage but 15 in reload for example.

The upgrade path is very much “on rails”. It would have been nice to lower and increase stats for a cost. And double cost for stats to go above 80.

3 Likes

I still can’t understand the reason behind this system. Why overcomplicate things with random stats

2 Likes

‘Retention’

8 Likes

Imagine if they showed base stats within the game i.e. base Critical hit chance, base critical hit damage etc and show the after effects if 25% increase from perk etc is additive or multiplier on final stats when equipped. Better yet the max potential of blessings damage at full buff in parallel and separated by normal or weakpoint.

You can imagine how the stats screen will look like then. That gant chart looking bar will be all sorts of colours.

Probably needs a calculator within the game itself.

3 Likes

Because one of the higher ups has a gambling addiction?

More seriously, it’s probably because they don’t understand how to make good ‘support systems’ in their games.

3 Likes

I posted this in the original Dev thread, but I think it’s also worth reiterating here as the de facto crafting thread :slight_smile:

If you have a “predetermined stat distribution”, what this means for your existing weapons is that they will get a new max distribution (@380) that is - when they apply the patch - drawn at random.

If you’ve a weirdly set out 340 base stats weapon, maybe something odd where damage is 40 and finesse or first hit is 80, then the system is going to “randomly” allocate an extra 40 points to the lower stats - so it isn’t random. It’s going in to your non-80 stats to make your weapon up.

The proposed system is obviously a way to make all your weapons better which is fine. But it does suggest that it’s worth stocking up on really cheap greys/greens/blues with the balance of stats you want NOW so that you can build out various options later.

1 Like

I appriciate explanation but I still don’t understand why overcomplicating system you try to streamline with rework in first place. Just make every weapon have same starting stats (lets say 50/50/50/50/50) with “loose points” to allocate and getting more of said points as you level up weapon mastery so at the end of mastery you can have all stats at 80 and maybe one stat at 100% mastery at 90 as cherry on top of mastery system. Simple, understandable.

They should have also get rid of blue/green/yellow etc. tiers. Just make weapon which you can upgrade with mastery as you progress. That looter-shooter rainbow loot idiocy is not needed anymore. As you progress mastery you unlock more points for stat allocation, unlock extra perk and bless slots, unlock perks and blesses and unlock more weapon skins. Simple.

I think they just have no freaking idea what to do with all the useless NPC traders they made in first place becasue they were made with all that RNG slot machine mechanic in mind. Now there is pretty much no reason for them to exist so they try to keep them somehow relevant.

Which is really stupid.

2 Likes

The random stats were solely a progression-gating mechanic, and a random one, which is why it sucked so bad. But now that we can upgrade practically any weapon to near perfect thanks to the removal of locks and the new Expertise system, the random stats are just flavor. The flavor isn’t meant for salty dogs with everything unlocked. The flavor is for new players, many of whom (like myself, once upon a time) will enjoy finding new, more powerful versions of weapons as they level up from 1-30. They’ll start with 80-rating weapons and continually get new stuff until they’re seeing guaranteed 300+ from Brunt’s like all the salty dogs.

It’s still a progression mechanic, but it’s no longer one that will sting long-time players because there is absolutely no indication that the new systems will contain the sheer agony of the RNG that prevented some people from getting specific blessings despite investing millions of mats (and dozens/hundreds of hours) into it.

All the stores still serve the same purpose as before, and they make the most sense for new/leveling players. But now Melk and emp gifts, at least, make more sense because you’ll be able to score kickass versions of weapons you haven’t mastered with T4 blessings before you’ve unlocked those.

Brunt/armory will likewise be for finding solid weapons you can adopt and then grind into masterworks. Getting a top-tier weapon now appears to be totally trivial (except for the mats cost) since all you need is a decent max distribution of the 5 stats, with 60% being the absolute minimum for any stat.

The rarities functionally mean nothing, they’re just an indication of what can still be upgraded/consecrated.

1 Like

I have about 1,000 weapons across my 5 characters. Maybe more actually - never counted.

I would not be unhappy to have just (say) 40 weapons after the patch; with one weapon for each category, and unlimited free swaps between marks, perks, stats and blessings.

However, given that this supposedly isn’t happening and we’re supposed to be keeping all our existing weapons, if they all get reset to 50/50/50/50/50 then what was the point in me being allowed to keep them?

1 Like

I think it’s because so many people don’t seem to want their progress invalidated. And if they remove random stat bars it pretty much makes Melk, armoury, and Emps gifts unnecessary. Personally I would have been fine with a total progression reset and nuking of everything so they didn’t have to try and make the old system work with the new, but apparently I am a vast minority on that front.

Look at how many people were concerned about losing their weapons they had accumulated. Fatshark is basically trying to implement a deterministic system that can co-exist with the old. And if they removed the random stat bars… it would retroactively affect everyone’s current gear. And the stores.

Honestly I am fine with it. It’s annoying, it’s not ideal but I can probably roll 10 or so weapons of a weapon that are essentially all 380 and find something I can tweak to what I need. Some break point may be pretty annoying to get but I can finally ignore the random rotating stores for the most part and just keep swapping stuff around on the same weapon to see what I like and have all blessings.

3 Likes

Your weapons won’t be touched except that the ones below 380 base stats will have a bar that goes in front of them to show what they would look like at 380.

So this weapon here, for example, if you saw it in your inventory or store post update would mean you could put 11 points in damage, 10 in reload, 11 in stopping power, 12 in stopping power, 11 in range. They seem to bring all stats up in a pretty close spread. I don’t see weapons with like all points going to damage and none to range.

4 Likes