The Crafting Memorial; lest we forget

can my name be put again? i forgot how bad crafting was until they added new weapons.
710UOoM+lCL
in case you were wondering this is how long it takes to finish crafting the 19 weapons and 12-15 curios you like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Pretty short interview, but at least weapon salvaging might be coming back finally.

2 Likes

Of course.

I haven’t even started it up because I know it will be bad. I don’t want to do that to myself. I will wait for the crafting update and play other games, do other things in the meantime :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

This does seem to be a little different than the Spanish outlets article.

Overall, idk it sounds like more of a grind than anything.

If they would just remove the locks, cut plateel costs by 50%, then have guaranteed ways to buy blessings it would be fine.

I do think it’s dumb AF that whatever you want to call us as players (rejects) have to buy our own equipment.

2 Likes

its easier to just not play some weapons

3 Likes

WE ARE VICTORIOUS!

The locks will be gone.

Our weapon marks will be merged.

We will have agency.

5 Likes

but the initial stats are still going to be random, so we’re still going to have a slot machine at the initial weapon selection. No locks is great, but it sure would be nice not to have to reroll weapons ad nauseam. It’ll be like weapon properties selection all over again.

7 Likes

One of the few people that actually see sense. In that thread, full of defenders of this new mechanic.

Inflated playtime to increase cosmetic store exposure.

Over commit to one game to progress, so you invest less time to play other games to focus on theirs.

A game that utilises engagement based on desire over skill. It is pure time, it’s not luck when you can reroll again and again. Luck means on one occasion. It’s not skill to increase “Mastery” it is time doesn’t matter T3/T5 mission etc.

Reasonable time commitment now is telling me to only have 1 build per class. Focused towards high single target damage Anti-Unyielding/Anti-Carapace because hordes are less of a threat.

Vet, Plasma. Zealot, Cat 3 knife. Ogryn, Shovel mk5 brute. Then call it a day.

4 Likes

Hehehe, i did say we’d want to revert back to the old system when the new one comes out.
Im a karkin wizard.

It’s funny how many people are taking the crafting rework changes the wrong way.

1 Like

If you gave me this task:

• 370-380
  • 2x 20-25% perk of particular enemy type
  • 2x T4 blessings of your choice.

I can do it in an hr crafting

This new system:

• Mass buy good stat weapon. But it must ALSO have good upgrade stat cap. It’s fast to mass buy so time not much of factor here.
  • After that no bricking. But must use it in X number of missions to complete mastery.
  • Linear increase stat numbers by spending X number of plasteel. Limit is capped by RNG of original weapon purchased.

The X unknown numbers will determine if it takes me more than 1hr. If it is more - Then really time wise we’ve gone backwards.

Within that 1hr currently. Time is wasted on doing 180 between armory and crafting and one by one UI reroll click spam. I’ll take that into account as well. I used to be really picky then it was 2hr tops. Thank god for Netflix.

Watch few months time “Remove the locks” threads will become “Remove the upgrade caps”

1 Like

Honestly i think the biggest issues im having is that it’s not really clear why the caps are there in the first place and also im not a fan of requiring to get a good roll in the first place to work on a weapon.

There are parts of the system i like: Locks removal, easy acquisition of blessings, presumably some form of system for breaking down existing weapons into progress but i would say i have a lot of questions regarding how much time they want people to spend on each weapon as well as why we can’t have a simple point buy system for the actual stats.

In general I’m fine with something taking a little bit or with a bit of a grind but if they are going to need people to put 100 hours in to max a weapon out then the concept needs to actually be revisited.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they still want to retain some modicum of RNG whilst adding grind on top. Just get rid of it. Who wants to invite a friend and then tell them: okay so before you start having fun with me you need to first grind to level 30 to get all the talents otherwise you won’t have fun, then you need to grind to get weapon mastery, then you need to grind to get weapon expertise, then you need to play RNG simulator by hoping you get a weapon with good stats before you even invest into it.

What the f*ck man.

You friend is just going to tell you,“Nah I’m good mate I’d rather just play something that I’m already having fun like DRG or Helldivers 2”.

These cooperative games live or die by how easy it is for casuals to get into them; then they get sustained by hardcore players who can challenge themselves on the harder difficulties. If the barrier for both types of players is steep by forcing some arbitrary grind and or RNG then your base is going to suffer - this is why Darktide still suffers with low numbers.

11 Likes

It’s what we’ve wanted for so long… but they have changed things on us before. Wait until it’s actually here.

3 Likes

The thing they’ve sold us on isn’t that, though.

It’s ‘grind to 30, the weapons you’ll use during that unlock new stuff as you use them, you can upgrade them as you go’.

It’s not aimed at being a ‘sequential’ grind, it’s aimed at being something you’ve at the very least gotten a head start on by the time you finish the level cap.

Of course Fatshark could be morons and lock everything down to the point it takes 100 hours to grind a single weapon. But that’s not what they’re advertising ATM.

2 Likes

It doesn’t apply to all the weapons meaning if you want to try out a different weapon type that isn’t part of the family that you grinded with on your first grind phase towards max character level then you need to start again. It also doesn’t apply to new weapons since they’ll be a different family.

The other problem is that you can never be finished with this grind because of how many different weapon families there are and with the addition of new weapons. In Vermintide if you got a red that was it, you never had to grind again, it was done.

4 Likes

For the this part, with how I am interpreting the blog you only need to do this once per family so any net new weapons won’t be held up against this.

3 Likes

Does it mean we can finally end our watch and let this thread be put to rest?

1 Like

You don’t go back to bed an hour before dawn when you’re on watch unfortunately.

3 Likes

Not until the patch is out.

3 Likes