The Community is toxic

I normally find this happens in wake of either a sale or a big update (DLC, xpac), then dies down again later. That’s been my experience from launch up until now, it should get better.

Generally I found Champ worse than Legend while learning the game, in Legend people were more serious about trying to keep the team together and playing amicably than in Champ (in my experience), but the majority of runs were good (maybe the negativity just makes it stand out to you vs an uneventful but decent run?). I’m taking it from your latest post that’s the case?

Other than that you basically have to keep calm and carry on. There’s always toxic players online, this game at least doesn’t have a ranked mode so you can always tell them to be respectful and leave if they don’t.

On the ammo pouch thing, unfortunately there’ll be people like that, but it’s usually better to find out closer to the beginning of a run than near to the end as I always say. If I’m not hosting and there are 2 toxic players I always quit as I don’t risk unnecessary kicks, even if they’re being toxic to the fourth guy and not me. If there’s just one he usually gets kicked instead (if he doesn’t improve his behaviour when we ask him to).

Ofc if you were grabbing ALL the pickups even when you didn’t need them I can see why people might assume you’re intentionally being an arse (and even then you’d expect them to ask you to stop first), but I take it that’s not what happened here.

4 Likes

Sounds like a personal problem. I haven’t experienced any toxicity recently and I make comments in chat about stuff all of the time. Plenty of complaining too. I’ve only been kicked once post 2.0 and deservedly so because I was being a salty jackass.

Sounds like either just really bad luck or you’re the one who’s inciting kicks by being toxic yourself. The Skittergate ammo pickup comes to mind considering that there’s little to no reason at all to ever pick that up before you go through the gate the first time.

Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.

9 Likes

If you read the thread you’ll find that im not the only one, I just brought it up.

Don’t know about the luck part. But I can assure you that I’m pretty self aware of my behavior, and although I sometimes, like you, say some stupid stuff or complain in chat, I always make sure never to act like an as*hole when I’m in a group.

There are reasons to pick up supplies while playing, reasons that I explain in several responses, but as I already said, I’m not here to discuss Skittergate strategies.

1 Like

Yeah, If it happend all the time I would have uninstalled the game a long time ago. Although all the examples I listed come from several matches in these last five days or so, especially the Skittergate kick which happend right after I was kicked from another match for daring to try out the blunderbuss on the huntsman

1 Like

After the nerf?! You got some nerve putting teammates through that.
/s

4 Likes

It usually raises a smile from me when people start spouting all kinds of angry rants;

You should have shot that Gunner!
What you doing back there!Noob! We don’t need that healing
Why pick up that bomb let the RV have it!
Stop FFing me while I’m fighting a boss?! Idiot!
Why didn’t you rescue me from patrol?!!

All the while that person is face down, tied up somewhere further in the map because they did something idiotic and died.

It is supremely satisfying when someone is an absolute arse to simply run past their trussed up squirming character on the map and feel the rage flow through the internet when they realise they’re not getting res’d.

5 Likes

lol

I dunno, to be perfectly honest. If a player went off in game being toxic, I’d probably just laugh at them. I’m not trying to have a dialogue with them or discuss anything. Just have a quick match… worst case scenario, I back out and find another lobby or host my own. Not saying that it isn’t annoying, but as is the motto, don’t feed the trolls.

There’s not really much Fatshark can do. They do not record our chat logs. And if anyone remembers the whole “zomg spyware” threads, I doubt they want to touch this issue with a 10ft poll. There’s no matter of evidence we can provide them that would 100% show someone is doing something. Everything digital can be manipulated.

Just back out, add the dude to your blocked list and carry on. Fatshark is still working on getting the block list added to the game.

5 Likes

Well if you want toxic go play overwatch or other competetive crap :smiley:

Overall ppl can be angry mostly because of veyr bad teammates or them being very bad (and throwing tantrums etc)

You can see a lot of baffling lack of common sense in a lot of qp plays (like not standing in corners in rasknit fight )

This used to be true, but all the old legend players have either quit because 2.0 was so bad or moved on to cata. Either way, legend is pretty horrible to play in now.

1 Like

I agree, I can deal with the occasional douchebag here and there, no problem. It’s when you mix the rising elitist behavior (brought about by the recent increases in difficulty) with the ability to kick people, that the real “fun” begins.

It used to be a rare occurrence, but just today in fact it almost happened again, stopped thanks to the only other sane member of the group.

I know FS can’t really do much about it unfortunately, so the only thing one can do is to bring attention to the matter, so that others may be able to find this kind of behavior and in one way or another, do something about it.

I love this game to bits, and seeing it’s community go the Darks Soul’s route, makes me kinda sad

1 Like

You encouretered to worst V2 can offer, “meta enforcers” and “circle hunters” seems booth in same team…

Meta enforcers = mostly bad players who read somewhere that weapon X or talent X works, so they try to enforce usage of that regarding anything else to noobishment… I beat them by entering in their games with portait beyond their reach this always keep those dogs in check. Officialy in V2 evey weapon and talent work if played well… some weapons and specs are just easyest to play well than others, I saw guys doing wonders with “trivial” weapons and specs.

Circle hunters = those guys kills alot but also burn supplies alot, push foward and risk to overwhelm group with enemies, when lose game score screen will show thek as best players in world and in their low IQ brain they really think they are. V2 was never about circles but about anyone doin its job. i guess this is reason why circle hunters got hardtime in cata and whine there on forums like rats… most of them suffer L2P issues in reality.

1 Like

I get terrified every time I see this thread pop up in my feed. Flashbacks to ShellaSunshine start,

-fortunate son starts playing-

4 Likes

I dont think you are telling us the whole story Osvi or maybe you are not aware of some of your actions that could **** people off. There is no way you could be kicked for such things. I myself am sometimes a little toxic and i cant remember when was the last time i got kicked. Maybe it differs based on region a little? Where are you from?

Of course it is, asserting its impossible is just really silly - especially when Fatshark had to put a stop to players kicking randoms at the end of runs just before the portal. You’d sooner believe people kick randoms at the end of a run out of spite or whatever reason, more so than people getting mad a random can’t read thoughts?

4 Likes

I could see bad players kicking for stupid reasons, but getting kicked so often for stupid reasons seems highly unlikely. I feel like we are missing some pieces of the puzzle. Maybe doing something stupid, maybe bad ping, or maybe getting into games with the same host that kicks?

People kicking randoms just before the run was over and loot distributed was so common that Fatshark had to implement a fix to prevent it.

And you don’t believe someone gets kicked for not reading minds?
Come on.

I remember that issue, but I have never seen issues with kicking since then. I’ve seen LOTS of people doing a lot of super stupid stuff and no one ever even initiates a kick, not once. Do you get kicked often or see any teammates in your games get kicked?

Keyword.

Lots of factors, region, time of day, and people are biased creatures who operate on impulse, bias and instinct. That’s me too, that’s everyone - so just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it never happens.

And yes, I’ve seen kicks be initiated for what sometimes appears to me to be no reason at all. It can be for the pettiest reason to resaonable, but saying this beloved… community doesn’t have issues present in every other just isn’t true.

2 Likes