Steam Darktide can't open

Issue Description:
The game won’t start but looks like running on Steam.
I found that may be an Authorization problem but after testing every single fix,
from removing Run as an administrator in the launcher and .exe to configuration Fix, re-install, restart, repair cache, and nothing seems to work. I tried every fix I came across and at this point, I’m waiting for a new Update to undo the damage. I don’t want to lose my progress so I haven’t tried erasing my saves like some suggest. Please I need a solution!

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]
the launcher seems to work but the game won’t open.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
unable to access the game.

Steps to Reproduce:
the game automatically updated, and the problem began/ launcher works normally/ opening the game in any configuration or by launcher or .exe gives the same result. program won’t open or display any sign of intent to open and the game appears as running on steam. (but no on the task manager)

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
pc (steam)
Player ID:
Under0

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
anytime

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

Could you upload your darktide_launcher.log, and any console logs if you have them please?

I’ve been having the exact same issues. Glad to see I’m not alone.

I have the exact same issue. I have tried everything I could find here to try and still not working.

So there is not a fix for this? I just have a game I paid for that I cannot play?

I was able to get the game working. I had to uninstall the game and then search for and delete all files and folders associated with Darktide. Then reinstall the game and now it’s working.

As of 25 Jun 2023, steam sync errors and backend authentication failures.