Steam Achievements : Will you add all Okri's challenges?

Source : None.

This is kinda my topic. You’re free to not argue with someone else when you have nothing to say. Refrain from personal attacks, it won’t get you anywhere.

2 Likes

Warning: Troll Post

Warning: OP blatantly suggesting illegal 3rd party software in Steam

Do not respond. Do not feed the troll.

Steam achievements are not a 3rd party tool. Again it’s okay to not have argument but please stay on topic.

Source

Please stop suggesting using illegal software.

1 Like

Please stay on topic again. This topic is about okris challenge being added as steam achievements (steam achievements, not SAM, read…). This is not that hard, you can do it.

Edit :
Nope it seems he won’t do it actually.

You are intentionally missing the point and you know it. You argumented as people being upset by achievements being added later on do not exist. I have proven you wrong especially for a game where you mentioned you totally noone ever saw complain.

Then you are moving goalposts and say that there are a lot of people in favour of new achievements. Which i never disputed. I say that added new achievements will avert some customers: existing and new ones. So Fatshark has to consider carefully if and which achievements they could add. Grindy achievements like ALL 100 hats challenges will have a negative effect. Why risk damage by doing work if they risk less damage by doing no work?

You still say that people should just use SAM. While there are people who do you use (which I again never disputed), a lot of people simple don’t want to use CHEAT software to get these achievements. And we are talking about Steam achievements because people care for those more than for in-game challenges.

People still owning a game does say nothing about them being upset and shying away from future purchases.

But your largest problem is that I do not need to convince you singing lalalala and looking in the different direction. I just have to get the point across to Fatshark. And Hedge in his Steam post showed that he is aware of the problem.

In my opinion, adding some new achievements can have a positive effect. Adding all Okri’s challenges as achievements will have a negative effect. So again: Why should the developers invest work for something which doesn’t net benefit (like new customers versus lost customers). This is a simple economic decision. And no argument you make can change this. I am halfway sure that at one point they add some new achievements. But adding the grindy ones will be a mistake.

1 Like

This thread ran it’s course way fast :stuck_out_tongue: What’s this discussion about again?

I hope someone brought popcorn (and actually enjoy this).

Edit + time-warp:

How is that an answer to me? I can’t see anything specific it relates to, and I never cared to debate the topic at all. I only shared some personal experience to try and help you see things from another perspective. I couldn’t care less if more achievements were added, but some people surely would (we would likely see both :angry: and :smiley: faces).

Indeed you proved me wrong, there are actually people that complains about it (not to the point of not buying the game though), but the fact is that the challenges are already in game, so there’s no difference anyway.

I mean, I was kinda answering to @freqlectic but I can’t “answer” 2 persons at the same time.

They are ALREADY there.

Because people ask for it (as proven by the NUMEROUS topics on it).

People in your relevant topic literally says “We don’t want your dlc”, therefore achievements added or not, it won’t impact the fact that they don’t want the dlc.

• Because there are far more topics asking for it in V2 rather than topics complaining about it on others games with far more people. Like far more.
  • Because thoses achievements that will angry people ALREADY DO exist.
  • Because the link to “negative” effect on sales is currently not proven by anything we said.
  • Therefore because I ask for something that’s ALREADY there, to be put in steam achievements in order to be tracked and managed easily. => Which ask for less work that creating a new tool with a new API.
  • Because it’s easy and fast to add them.
1 Like

I’m beginning to fear that you are physically incapable to which extent people do differentiate between in-game challenges and steam achievements. There are people who do not care if they have zero in-game achievements but do care if they are missing one out of hundreds steam achievements. Does it make sense? No. But it is like this. Just because they exist in-game does not make a compelling reason to add them as Steam achievement.

But I think we have both run our course on the topic. Fatshark has once again seen the same arguments to make their decision. Hedge has shown that they are aware of the potential problems. I will leave it at that.

1 Like

Well you did say

I answered to you that the new achievements did follow that road (and avoided the “100 games grind” for example).

Well, okay I get it now. So this is a niche inside a niche. Still not a reason though to not use steam achievements as implemented. As there are vastly more achievements hunters that are actually hunting achievements (including the challenge linked to them, at least, in my group). As purposefully ignoring the topics asking for it, is, I think, worse than ignoring the little to none topic against it (where the one that is strictly about the issue states “I won’t buy the dlc”).

(Here’s a research on the topics, you’ll see than someone else did ask for the exact same thing not so long ago, besides the 18 pages)

This thread is very cleaving obviously.
I don’t mind either way. I like having 100% on steam even though it doesn’t feel like a great achievement ; but on the other hand I feel like I won’t get 100% completion in Okri’s challenges before a long while. I think there could be a nice compromise with more achievements on steam, but certainly not all of Okri’s.
Overall I prefer how V2 handles the situation, compared to Payday 2 or Killing Floor 2, both of which are releasing a dozen achievements whenever there is an update.

1 Like

As it’s very cleaving, here’s the question : “Does it change something for you, if the same percentage of challenges that you already can’t pass was available as an info outside the game or not ?”.

Steam achievements are a tool. They do not give xp, discount, or even cards.
Steam achievements just allow you to track them easily if you’re actually interested by completing them. And also keep the date of unlock (which won’t be there for existing challenges for obvious reasons here but could be there for future ones :p).

This thread is getting a bit spicey. Lets wind it back a bit and not get too personal. Feel free to weigh on the pros/cons of it all, but there is no right answer to the question of should we/shouldn’t we. We don’t have any immediate plans to add more achievements, though.

9 Likes

Also lets avoid the discussion of ‘services’ that violate the Steam terms of service/agreements, just as we would those which violate ours.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m a bit slow, but I really don’t get why that would be a relevant response. Especially not in the light of

But then again, I never intended on taking part in any debate but rather to shed some light on the topic from a different perspective, so that might be where the confusion is stemming from.

The extreme version of achievement completionists can be found in palces like this. That would be the real niche that for some reason made it their mission in life to over-achieve in the area of steam achievements. :nerd_face:

Getting that list, we can see that Vermintide 2 is not in their list anyway.
(I would also note that thoses creator also are doing “set list” of achievements of multiple games not really depending of the number of achievements in the games which does seems to indicate that it does not “really” matter to thoses guide’s authors to " ONLY get" short achievements games)

Froh, you keep missing the point :slight_smile:

Probably, I do not really know what’s your point since you do not enter the debate according to what you said so, indeed, I really don’t know your current point :stuck_out_tongue:
If it’s just to say steam achievers do exist, then yes I get the point.

2 Likes

The point is a kind of “quality vs quantity”. Okri challenges are pretty hard, so I guess that some achiements hunters could avoid the game for fear of not being able to complete it (anyway I think they would be really few people)… from the other side, it would be a great gift for those players who put a lot of hours and effort this game. There isn’t need to be hypocrites: gaming, since its origin (for example arcade cabinet), has always been about records sharing. The possibility to “improve” the Steam profile, with a rare trophy, it’s pretty cool.

Conclusion: from one side they could lose very few money, from the other side they could make happy veteran players, who support this game since d1.

p.s ayway sure, there could also be certain veteran players who hate achievements.

3 Likes

No, you summarize well my issue, but @freqlectic have, indeed, a point that I do not get (and I don’t try to act smart there =p)