Steam Achievements : Will you add all Okri's challenges?

And you are sure they work exactly like they do (tracking wise) as in the okris book and are in no way tied to some other system?
Knowing fatshark I would not make assumptions like these.

I donā€™t make assumptions on nothing, itā€™s Hedge answer (in the topic @Adelion did link) :

Theyā€™re ā€˜relativelyā€™ simple to implement, even easier when something like Okriā€™s book exists, as you can just hook in to those which saves a bunch of work (well itā€™s kind of the same work, but you donā€™t have to do it twice).

Quoting this answer from ScooterPickles as it summarise the issue we do face :

As someone who loves achievement hunting, I definitely donā€™t do it to feel superior to anyone else. I do it because theyā€™re enjoyable milestones that add longevity and challenge to games that I love. Or they act as little reasons to go after a quest or try a different playstyle that I hadnā€™t considered, or wouldnā€™t have considered otherwise.
I was so excited to see classic games from my childhood have achievements added to them with their releases on Steam - Baldurā€™s Gate games, Final Fantasy, etc. I loved the BG games growing up, and I noticed that BG2 has achievements for all the different companion quests. I did not use every single NPC when I played through the game years ago but now I have a little extra incentive to try them all out when I replay the game (planning on playing through again later this year), and in turn Iā€™ll experience new characters, new interactions, and party dynamics that I wouldnā€™t have seen otherwise.
Having said that, I know theyā€™re not for everyone. Not everybody cares about achievements the way I do. Out of a handful of my closer friends who play games, only one other hunts them down and we have conversations about it. But for those of us that care, seeing achievements added to games we enjoy playing is always good news. And for those that donā€™t care about achievements, I donā€™t understand why it would bother them.

3 Likes

I see, tough I love the term ā€œrelativelyā€ from community manager. In any case I drop out now.

Well, itā€™s relative to the person doing the work. I certainly couldnā€™t do it, but a programmer could probably do it one handed whilst watching Office reruns and shovelling a bagel in to their bellies!

7 Likes

I believe in you, Hedge.

2 Likes

I approve of these posts :smiley:

@Froh Speaking from personal experience I have oftentimes felt limited by achievements because I used to feel a need to complete them. My stance on achievements nowadays is that if they add incentive to explore different mechanics or are of a pure bragging kind, then they are great, but most of the time over the last decade they have been used to trigger certain people and make them spend way more time with games than what they actually enjoy. Itā€™s a real problem and it sucks (if those triggers are your heroin).

^ I did not read through what I wrote here. Iā€™m not sure I approve of this message.

I love how you make programmer seem like they are really good at multitasking (I donā€™t believe it :stuck_out_tongue:)

7 Likes

^Thatā€™s called posing. Not sure if itā€™s automagically multitasking just because you pull of the perfect GĆ¼nther pose.

download

The first 2 removed posts were speaking about sam as I edited the previous message during his post making his comment obsolete :stuck_out_tongue:

I can understand that, but thoses achievements will still be there, inside the game.
So they kinda already exist.
Iā€™m all for smart achievements though.

1 Like

I also just want to clarify that I am not against new achievements per se but that it really depends on which ones are added. I am against ALL of Okriā€™s challenges being added because several of them are soul-numbing grind.

Is that an accurate depiction of the typical daily FS programmer behaviour? Plus points for Hackerman. And for all of you who havenā€™t see Kung Fury. You should do it. Now.

What I mean by that is that there are achievement for grinding stuff, that are not the greatest, but they give cosmetics. And theyā€™re a part of the okriā€™s book. Adding them to steam wonā€™t remove them from Okriā€™s. Youā€™ll still have to do them if you want to complete your collection anyway.
New challenge should totally take that into account (and they already kinda did, hats for engineer are only 25 games and not 100)

Seasonal achiev should not appear though (until we can cycle them back)

1 Like

I donā€™t really care about whether Okriā€™s challenges do or do not show up in Steam achievements. However, I can imagine that some completionists that picked up the game after launch would be infuriated if the time-limited achievements for the weave seasons was included in the Steam achievements as they would not be able to attempt these challenges because they missed the deadline. All Steam achievements should theoretically be achievable by all players no matter when they purchased the game. Using the same logic the weave achievements should be removed from Okriā€™s challenges if they are incomplete and the season ends. Itā€™s a slap in the face to the completionists and shouldnā€™t be displayed if it cannot be completed.

Yep, which is why they should not appear :stuck_out_tongue:

That is true. But there are also different levels to it. Say that you donā€™t really care about V2 anymore (and neither the challenges in-game) but you do care about that precious steam achievement completion percentageā€¦

Iā€™m not saying everyone should suffer because some people are infected by the completionist disease, but if we turn it around, what does it bring to the table, seeing that all the challenges are already in game?

2 Likes

Fatshark already said they wouldnā€™t because of what happened when they added new achievements to V1 before V2 launched.

Most of them required a full team and once V2 came out, there wasnā€™t a whole lot of people around to help complete them.

Steam Achievements are useless to add after a gameā€™s been out almost 3 years. If they were going to actually have 60-75 achievements, they would have done so in the first year.

Thatā€™s why we have the Okriā€™s Challenge Book. They are achievements just not Steam achievements.

Besides, if they do add Okriā€™s Challenges as Steam achievements then that will make a lot of people angry over the paid challenges for the paid careers.

So, again, N-O

1 Like

If you do care about the percentage, and nothing else, you have Steam Achievement Manager that can help you.
Itā€™s litterally just copy pasting what we already have in Okriā€™s Book.

Weā€™re not in the same situation than Vermintide 1(Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide - Steam Charts), the community is well alive and well (Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Steam Charts). If we take for example Payday 2 which DOES the same thing, they also have a lot of steam achievement as well.
Strangely, I still didnā€™t see any angry people over ā€œpaid dlcā€ achievement in Payday 2. So I do really think youā€™re fighting against unicorns here especially, since, again, thoses achievements ALREADY EXIST in game. (even if I guess they probably exist somewhere, but again we did see people complaining over the grail knight ā€œcosmeticsā€ dlc)

People DO care about completion percentage.
People DO NOT want to use SAM for it because they want to ACHIEVE the available achievements by doing them fairly.
People DO differentiate between in-game challenges and achievements BECAUSE of completion percentage.
People ARE upset about later added achievements, ESPECIALLY if coming with DLC and being behind a paywall.

NOT an unicorn (I think you have to copy the link by hand because this forum always redirects you to the OP of these threads) :

1 Like

That is an illegal 3rd party program and Valve has and will ban people using it if caught.

Pay Day 2 has almost 30k active players. You cannot compare V2 to PD2 as V2 has way less players.

Besides, PD2 has continued support since itā€™s release where as V1 no longer does and will most likely happen to V2 once Fatshark is finished with it.

Did you even look? Yes, people complain about it.

Do you not have anything better to do with your time besides trolling? Iā€™m starting to see a pattern with your posts here.

Yes.

No. Only in your dreams.

No.
Thereā€™s also a percentage in game.

Some probably.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/8w7dl3/why_do_we_have_so_many_achievements_ingame_and/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/8w7dl3/why_do_we_have_so_many_achievements_ingame_and/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/gbhy7p/monthly_add_more_steam_achievements_to_the_game/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/a6slw0/why_no_new_achievements_on_pc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/c0uso4/winds_of_magic_time_to_add_new_achievements/

(I can continue for at least 40 links)

Will you ignore them because of some threads where you actually see that either a troll is at work or that there like 1 person in the whole word who see them like this ?

Getting to your links one by one :

• First link refers to cheating more than ā€œdlc paywallā€. He owns the game.
  • Also Own the game and play it as well. People answer that the vast majority of game with dlc does exactly that.
  • ā€œI never thought about purchasing DLC, unlocking achievements, and then asking for a refund.ā€ => Well, you can use SAM, and again, thoses achievements already exist in game.
  • ā€œF to 100%ā€ Respect 100% achiev players, some says that they didnā€™t do DLC, no criticism of any sort in that link.
  • Only one complain, still own the game.
  • Also still own the game.
  • Literally says that you can get achievements without owning the dlc. So not on point.
  • Speak of ā€œpay to winā€ not really of completion. (First answer : But the achievments donā€™t do anything. So there is no point to actually get all of them)

Iā€™m not trolling Iā€™m trying to get something that does not interest you. You can go on another topic if you feel trolled.

No one has ever been reported banned for using SAM. It can cause game bans though (I think about Dead by Daylight for example) as people use it to cheat some unlocks.
SAM is mostly used for some other purpose (game bug, re-locking Steam Achievs, etc)

This is where youā€™re wrong.

People have been banned for using S.A.M. on secure servers. Also, get it through your thick skull that Fatshark already said they will not be adding new achievements. No one knows how long they will actually work on this game before they move on which would make getting new achievements completely redundant.

Please go troll somewhere else.