Some things I think would help the game

I’ve been sick for a few days, so have too much time, and figured I’d write a small list of some things that either since I’ve started playing, or since I’ve gotten more experience in playing the game strike me as areas that could improve and address some of the game’s weakpoints.

Make scriptures and grims worth it. People generally don’t pick these up except for Melk’s quests, or while leveling. They shouldn’t be ignored, they’re cool. Grims look sick! Have them give crafting materials (plasteels always in demand atm), and I think if they had class talent interactions it could be neat (buffs for classes that carry them), or represented some other benefit to mission resources or through some other mechanic on the morningstar.

Change the shop so it doesn’t rotate. No one likes this. Like, not even hyperbole. Does anyone like this? Feel free to chime in below if you do.

Add more customization options for weapons and armor. After seeing how cool some of the modded weapons look, I get it. This would be rad.

Change how crafting works. As painful as it would be, buying a ton of weapons and deleting most of them, then rolling the dice on perks/blessings just isn’t fun. It’s tedious and a waste of time. At least now that two slots are modifiable, most good weapons aren’t bricked, it’s just still rare to find the ultimate one. I think that’s fine, but the system is inherently not a fun process and really aught to be improved.

Allow people to change voices/genders of characters. I heard this might not be changeable, but not sure. If it’s hardcoded, well sheeit.

Increase character slots. My current workaround to the above issue was to downloaded the extra characters mod. Hoping that Psyker #2 doesn’t get deleted.

Add more base character features/hairstyles slowly over time.

Add more weapons for Ogryn. I don’t even play then lunk that much, but he’s a little short on variety.

Add more of a story.

Add in the grey-haired lady. I hear she’s on the way! Scary old lady hype!

Make the ship more explorable. Probably gonna happen with time. :slight_smile:

Add bosses with more interesting mechanics. Vermintide 2 had unique bosses. Honestly, we already know this is coming with the twins and chaos guard guy. Which is cool.

Make it easier to distinguish Zealot and bomber flames. This was a recent one, and surprisingly controversial, but I suppose on reflection I do have mild deuteranopia (red/green color-blindness) so maybe that’s why I can’t tell the difference easily.

Let us inspect player’s talents in pre-game lobbies.

Edit: Adding in that a timer should start once people reach the final elevator in those missions where that’s a thing. While it’s really rare in my experience, it’s also annoying when people wanna hold everyone else hostage. If people are feeling it a little bit, I don’t mind though. So maybe 30 seconds or something, or it goes down more the more people are ready to leave.

Those are the big ones to me. Eventually more classes will be nice. Kind of a wish list but honestly the majority of these I see as things that need to be brought up a little bit to meet expectations for a solid 'Tide game, for what DT’s marketing implied, or just some improvements that would mean a lot to players. Not to be too entitled, gotta have some standards for a complete game though.

10 Likes

W takes

2 Likes

I’m not colorblind, but Zealot flames are a PITA to distinguish in the heat (heh) of combat.

2 Likes

@brosgw another one for the wall

2 Likes

As much as I always love getting more recruits, this one here’s a veteran

o7

3 Likes

When we hit 666 a Warp portal opens in Fatshark HQ. Thankfully the Daemonettes of Slaanesh will both implement shirtless cosmetics and remove micro transactions in favor of making everything buyable with basic ordo dockets.

3 Likes

My human Rejects all finna wake up with proper female body proportions if Slaanesh gets involved.

2 Likes

Added in mission completion timers.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.