So, who's paying for cosmetics?

Battle Brothers is a great buy, I think it goes 80% off sometimes.

1 Like

I freakin’ love Battle Brothers. It’s basically like a modern Darklands.

1 Like

Darklands, a classic.

I’ve been waiting on 40k Battlesector, I already bought in on console but was disappointed when the new factions didn’t come with missions. Hopefully the Skulls Event will have it around that 80%+ mark I sit for. :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

It’s subscription if you don’t want to buy all the DLCs IIRC

1 Like

What a truly awful take. Winds of Magic ring a bell? Or did you not play VT2?

If they can afford to pay $15 every now and then for cosmetics, then why do you have an issue with that?

You say you’ve been playing since Atari. How many free updates did that get?

Your argument is falling apart.

Different times back then, you can’t compare the two.

So you are comparing new maps, bosses, basically a full DLC for £15…

To a skin that cost £15

And you are wondering where the problem is?

In a game that still isn’t finished 18 months on from launch.

1 Like

This is all your opinion. Darktide is a massive project in comparison to VT2 and needs much more funding. I have my principles and buy cosmetic items that I like while simultaneously offering my constructive criticism towards the game. They have listened to the player base, even ones who just shelled out $27 on a steam sale.

Do I think Fatshark is a great company? No. They’re slow as hell with very little communication. The RNG tactics to inflate playtime, as well as little customization options (not letting players recolor cosmetics), the crafting, etc.

BUT they do make great games, that with time (A LOT OF TIME) get better and better. That is why I ‘invest’ in cosmetics and give them money to keep going.

1 Like

Exactly my point. You buy a game for $50-60 and that’s all you got. No updates, no nothing. You had to accept all the bugs and lack of content that came with it.

And now you complain about a $40 game that gives you more than anything in the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s ever could.

Winds of Magic was the biggest rip-off and there were barely any people to play with because it was locked behind a pay wall. People who have multiple games to play, or don’t play much at all will not invest another $15, especially multiple times.
No skin costs $15. You buy a pack of Aquilas (I get the $30 pack) and I am set to buy several skins if I feel like.

You’re entitled to your opinion though, even if its wrong.

I would like to give money to help out game I like and want to support.

But I am not paying £10 for a f’king skin, but I would pay £15 for maps and all new cosmetics that come out every few months.

Not really my opinion. There’s plenty of massive games that have to provide a large amount of servers that function purely on sales and content DLC sales. It’s my opinion that I prefer it, but it’s not my opinion that it’s a viable business model. They’re NOT forced to do the cosmetic business model. If I were to buy cosmetics, I would be voting that I want them to do that, regardless of what I think or say.

Okay well I’m sure if you reach out to them they’d be happy to take your donation to help speed things along. I’d rather get some Aquilas out of mine.

There you go. Does Darktide seem like a massive game to you? Look up the player numbers when you get a chance and compare them to whatever games you’re referring to.

There’s plenty of smaller games too. I said massive because you literally in the post I repleid to said

But apparently now it’s not a massive project anymore, you changed your mind, that’s ok. The fact remains that there’s games of all sizes that employ business models and fund their servers and development purely with content DLCs. One example of a smaller game studio that does this would be crate entertainment with Grim Dawn.

Read it again.

A massive project in comparison to VT2 (an indie game). Darktide is still indie, and a massive project as it may be for this studio, does not make it a massive game

1 Like

Ok. I think we have the semantics behind us. Please let’s just move onto the actual argument. I’ll just quote myself:

Yeah.

Secrets of Grindea does the same thing with its cute little “Buy us a Coffee” DLC:

Okay well they clearly stated from the start that all content updates would be free. The only thing paid would be cosmetics. They can’t go back on that now because a small minority doesn’t like the cosmetics.

Paid cosmetics for funding is just better.

1 Like

This is exactly what Aquilas do. Fund the devs. What’s the argument here?

Uh. I’m not arguing with you?