Sister of the Thorn

It is so comparable to bolt stuff actually but just better in (almost) any way. And bolt stuff is quite a nice stuff right now

1 Like

I like that the overcharge is different. Sets her apart from Sienna.
When overcharged, you lose 50HP flat and then are locked out of using your weapon for a while, I think it is a good mechanic. Also, who gets overcharged with that staff ? Venting and losing 3HP >> not venting and losing 50HP.

Don’t mistake me, I don’t think it should be moved there but powerwise that’s how I feel like it is currently.

1 Like

…oooh, now i follow.

Yeah, powerwise right now even on its own its a bit too much at this time, with doomsight (uncapped) and razor it´s just off the charts.

1 Like

I don’t think a direct comparison between sienna staffs and the kerillian one is super fair. Sienna has a bunch of synergies with overcharge that make her relationship with the mechanic vastly different. On two of her careers she gains combat ability on high overcharge and has instant venting available, and on the other she has accelerated cooldown, and further synergies with that.

Kerillian takes nearly a full minute to cool down and has no overcharge synergy. It’s apples to oranges.

1 Like

Here’s a thought; even if Inheritance gets a nerf, it still a steroid that changes the class’s dynamic in the group. Shouldn’t it also lose a functionality, too?

Examples of that in game are Footknight’s Comrade in Arms (lose aura) and Shade’s Cloak of Mists (lose stealth attack boost and ctit). Thorn should lose something, too, like the extra healing or even the free ult.

1 Like

It’s an interesting point and there’s a fair bit you could do with it. As you suggested in your post, it would be pretty appropriate if Inheritance made radiance activation no longer trigger your Ult, so it now only functions as a buff button (no more launching an inheritance buffed bloodrazor to start your murder spree).

If we’re looking for a quick dirty temporary fix to address this extremely broken talent ASAP though I’d be thinking something like this:

Halve all the bonuses (except power which can go down to 20%) and reduce the duration to around 10 seconds. Probably still too strong but knocking it from 1/4 uptime down to 1/6 should go a long way to bringing it in line with the many 100% uptime bonus talents in this game.

Honestly though you could probably combine both these ideas and it’d still be very competitive, I’m just being conservative since I’ve only briefly messed around with the career so far.

1 Like

I say no bonus power at all, but I still don’t know the lore on SoT, maybe hulking out is just a thing they do?

If it was lowered to 15% power; stacking with Isha’s Bounty and her passive Murder Sprites probably puts her on par with Grail Knight in terms of damage, I’m sure of it.

There’s also a good lore reason for it: elves are much more proficient than humans at controlling the winds of magic. It might also be they want to portait how Aqshy is more dangerous and explosive compared to the wind of life.

6 Likes

I think the leviate attack on the staff is a bit ridiculous. I’d like to see the range of the levitate decreased so that you can’t attack distant Bightstormers (etc.) with it - they would only be reachable with the light attack, which would mean that you actually have to have some skill at aiming instead of using the RMB auto-targeting. This way the leviate would be restricted to close-quaters combat and you’ll run more of a risk of leaving yourself open to a melee attack.

I’d also like either Chaos Warriors to be too heavy to levitate or make it so that the duration of the levitation is inversely proportional to the mass of the enemy - so, maybe you can suspend a scrawny clan rat or gutter runner for 10 seconds but a chaos warrior for only 2 seconds.

If the ‘leviate at distance nerf’ is considered too strong then maybe Fatshark could add a ‘beamshot’ attack to the light attack, like with the beamstaff, so that you can still snipe a distant Blightstormer, but at the price of significant overcharge. In addition to this, you could add a talent to the SoT skill tree to increase her vent rate (and/or levitation time?), so that there are some specialized builds for the staff.

1 Like

She ought to lose access to doomsight stacks during radiance and have the statboosts nerfed a bit. I think that´d be about what it takes to make things alright.

1 Like

Fatshark, there is a bit of a dichotomy here. Radiant Inheritance needs a nerf if you want to stick to this, and I believe it is a duration nerf more than a numerical values nerf.
I appreciate the feeling of having a huge burst of power for a short time, but it has to have a downside. Either make it last only 5 seconds and/or have the talent also change the cooldown of the passive to 120 seconds.

3 Likes

I just wanted to link this too. Beat me to it. Its from this dev blog post.

Simply amazing.

I wonder if engaging the players that are very good at the game might be an idea.

It took what? Less than a day for people to be pushing over 100k+ damage in twitch runs with good pacing?

A small amount of playtesting by people that know the game might be in order.

I wrapped up a cata bot solo on my first game with her. She was obviously, too obviously not in line with the rest of the cast.

If they want to stick to this they should flat-out nerf the dps across two or three talents although Radiant Inheritance is the really troublesome.

Personally, I would be totally okay with a class NOT having a dps build for once. For the people playing and loving dps builds there are so many choices to go for. Yes, classes should cover different builds and styles. But not every class needs a dps build. And yes, I don’t care if that makes her totally niche. It is possible to make her unique, niches, not dps orientated and still economical succesful.

6 Likes

Still think Radiance Inheritance needs a nerf or a re-work

It’s the only one that stands out WAY too much. If you don’t take it, you deal pretty average damage. Nothing that other careers can’t really do.

But with it, you can dish out SO much damage, especially in high moments (Against Pats or bosses)

2 Likes

Dress it up how you like, SoTT is absolutely not a support class at all. Even things like others THP overspill getting transfered to her is backwards.

If she’s at full THP it should go to the nearest player. That’s supporting.

She’s a DPS monster with no downsides. RI has to go completely its nothing like a support class talent and is an obscene ULT really. We used to argue Merc with his DR ult was OP! Laugh? I almost brought a round!

The irony of FS finally reining in Shade only to put out a class even more OP busted is comical.

10 Likes

The silliest thing about her is that she absolutely is a support class, the staff is easily the best support tool in the entire game, and you give your whole team boon just by existing, which is pretty crazy. She’s just also an absolutely top tier DPS class on top of that, with easily the best personal buff in the entire game (maybe bar fervency on an exceptional WHC, maybe).

Get free power by just existing, is absurdly tanky in a comp with high thp classes like zealot/merc, has that obscene inheritance buff up pretty frequently, and is also a less risky caster than BW. It’s pretty hilarious

3 Likes

OMG i did not know haha.

What does the ‘special’ button do? It makes the javelin disappear and reappear for visual effect?

The weapon special does nothing on the javelin as far as I know.
The weapon inspect (bound to Z by default if I’m not mistaken) does have a nice flourish when you bring the weapon closer to look at it.