Scoreboard?

I really liked seeing how good I performed in V2, it showed me what I was doing bad or made me feel good that I was doing good, also matches feel meaningful when you are doing some sort of competiotion with your friends.

I understand that green circles are enforcing rather bad decision making in newer players(even without them they usually like doing something that more fun then effective, like shooting the hoard with the pistol), but it almost always dissapears after a while and damn does it feel good to get them in special kills or damage taken(not green circle, just getting the least amount of it).

About toxicity, I never encountered it after a lost match or any match at all. Everybody usually said “gg” and left(if it was a bad match, then everybody was leaving silent), or maybe some unexperienced players sticked with me or us for a couple of matches. It felt good to be relied on, so I usually tried to be the best player I could.
And if anybody encounters toxicity, it’s usually a bad idea to laugh at them or to be toxic back, take a situation wisely.

So what I am trying to say, that with scoreboard I felt a meaning in being better then before(or others >:) ), and I saw my progress in some little way. Now, the only way I can see what am I doing wrong is throught my experience in Vermintide, or as obvious as it sounds - dying, and I don’t really feel that good completing the mission. Maybe I just want to validate that I am better, but none the less, I would like to see the scoreboard after a couple of updates.

Sorry if my speach is a mess, I just want the scoreboard back.

15 Likes

They said they were adding it back in ages ago.

When that will be is anyone’s guess.

7 Likes

Yipee :smiley:

When? All the official post I’ve seen were it wasn’t added because it would be “toxic” and that they had no plans to add it in the future.

1 Like

Don’t get too excited.

They also said dedicated servers and PvP was coming to Vermintide 2. And a crafting rework. Still waiting on those.

2 Likes

They said they were “looking into it” in one of possibly the worst threads here where someone threatened to be more toxic without a scoreboard and that elicited an official reply.

2 Likes

Jun 9, 2019, Versus mode officially Announced (1,303 days in development and counting).
YouTube Trailer
Beta Signup
The 3 Fastest Ways to Lose Credibility as a Leader

3 Likes

Scoreboard is the one thing i want in this game more then anything else. Just do what i do and rate the game negative until they release one.

4 Likes

I think personal scoreboards would be a great medium. Hopefully this is the implementation they choose.

5 Likes

I still miss seeing no stats at the end of the round, feels like like something is missing all the time. even if implemented poorly and the same as vt2 I would be a happy camper, just give those worried about what people will think the option to hide them if feelings are what dev’s are concerned about.

3 Likes

I definitely want to see stats. It helps me know how I did. It helps me compare weapons and different builds. The way it is now, I would have to just go by feel which isn’t accurate since runs have too many different variations.

I miss being able to see how much damage I did. I miss being able to see how much damage I took. Did I do my job as an elite killer well?

There’s just no information anywhere. It makes trying new things and trying to improve harder, and less interesting.

3 Likes

Yay for scoreboards !!

Yeah, lets give people with longer play time, and thus better gear something to swing their d*** around. Absolutlely against, until rng of this game is adressed, and obtaining of best gear being made much easier.

5 Likes

What’s with Swedish companies hating scoreboards then making them to be some insane thing to add back on when the community univocally asks for it?

2 Likes

SHITTING HELL not this again.

Not-this-war-crimes-crap-again

9 Likes

As an tech/it person can comprehend the value of the feedback, suppressing it cuz “MuHh iT mAkESs ToXICITy” i find that argument completely idiotic…

IMHO, the way to do the score board is this:

• Report your individual scores for all the quantified metrics (total kills, damage blocked, etc.)
  • Then report the TEAM totals (including your quantities) for those metrics
  • Last column is your % of the team total

The above would let you see the totals that the team pulled in, and then give you normalized % number so you can see what areas you did better or weaker on relative to the totals. With four team members, anything you did more than 25% of would mean you’re having more impact on average, etc.

3 Likes

I’ve yet to see them comment on anything about the scoreboard. Consensus is that most people want it back though. Except the crybabies.

1 Like

I feel like people forget it’s fun to showcase your e-peen with big stats in games. No matter how hard they don’t want it to be true, it is.

1 Like

There is an argument against it outside of the ‘toxicity’ thing that gets passed around.

Because it does genuinely discourage better teamwork.

I can’t count how many FPS games I’ve played where the BTB has people chasing K/D instead of flags leading to a loss. I wouldn’t be surprised if it led to even less people playing the low kill classes in DT so they can bloat their numbers too.

It’s like you said “e-peen wa nking.”

That said, none of this matters because they said they are bringing it back. So…

5 Likes