In Athel Yenlui with the Winds of Magic DLC, I noticed that Beastmen roamers or ambient spawns will spawn in close proximity with Chaos Northmen or Skaven roamers/spawns (very noticeable in the part just after the initial drop-down). In Patch 3.0 (Grail Knight update), many levels, including Athel Yenlui had either reduced faction mixing or removed mixed faction zones, but there is still some very noticeable faction mixing in Athel Yenlui.
EDIT: I’ve also noticed Skaven-Beastmen roamers/ambient spawns mixing in the first part of Festering Ground (the bandit hideout area).
This is a bit immersion-breaking as Beastmen were never part of the Skaven and Chaos Northmen pact (i.e., Beastmen are not “Pactsworn”), and as shown in Dark Omens (dead rat ogre*), they do not tolerate the presence of other factions’ units in their vicinity.
* Characters will remark about this. E.g., Bardin: “Killing a rakogri doesn’t mean that whatever did it is friendly.”
Also, while Dark Omens also has Skaven roamers/zones, they are not mixed in with the Beastmen roamers/zones. A good example is the dead rat ogre part. Prior to the dead rat ogre is a Skaven zone - the Skaven roamers there do not hang around with Beastmen. And after the dead rat ogre, is a Beastmen zone, which does not have Skaven roamers. It seems that Dark Omens is the only map that has no instances of Beastmen and other factions mixing (in terms of roamers or ambient spawns). It has distinct zones for each faction.
Reducing or removing faction mixing would be in line with the changes in the Grail Knight patch:
- Athel Yenlui: Reduced faction mixing.
- Convocation of Decay: Made sure there are no Beastmen and no zones with a mix of Skaven and Chaos.
- Empire in Flames: Reduced amount of mixed roamer factions.
- Fort Brusslesprouts: Reduced mixing of roamer factions.
- Halescourge: Reduced mixing of roamer factions.
- Hunger in the Dark: Reduced mixing of roamer factions.
- Righteous Stand: Removed Beastmen and reduced mixed Skaven and Chaos factions.
Skittergate: Reduced roamer faction mixing
- Screaming Bell: Made sure there are no Beastmen and no zones with a mix of Skaven and Chaos.
- Skittergate: Reduced roamer faction mixing