Poll: Do you like the crafting system?

Hello, I’d like to know if people like or dislike the crafting system.

• I like the crafting system as it is
  • I dislike certain parts of it but I like it overall
  • I dislike most of the crafting system
  • I dislike everything about the crafting system and it needs to be reworked

0 voters

Order is automated by result!

26 Likes

I dislike most of the crafting system, mainly because of the layered RNG that compounds the net effect of RNG.

The fact that you can spend 1,000s of crafting materials upgrading copy after copy of a good base item with the right stats and then “brick it” with two undesired blessings/perks and effectively waste all those resources for zero progress is a major turnoff. Or that even if you have two good blessings on two different items, there’s no way to combine them onto a third item.

Removing locks would go a long way towards mitigating these issues. The blessing hunt alone still gives 100s and 100s of hours of things to “grind for”, but wouldn’t be nearly as aggravating for the player.

I would love to see a total rework, but I doubt that would ever happen. I’d settle for some critical improvements to what we have.

30 Likes

FS simply don’t care sir. You could have it emblazoned in 35 foot high letters written in the sky and things wouldn’t change.

14 Likes

It would be way better without spam of useless prefixes.

If it’s so heavily related to RNG then there should be no blessings/stats that can be of no use.

6 Likes

halfway to improving things would also be to remove the horrible blessings

I think it’s funny they likely wanted to avoid repeating a ‘swift slaying’ scenario, and ended up doing it again but worse

8 Likes

Soooo, there is one among us…

9 Likes

I will say if they just unscrewed up crafting this game would become a smash hit in my view. the game is so good but so bad due to needless gating.

10 Likes

What I think they really need to do (aside from #breakthelocks of course) is to rebalance all the underperforming blessings in a manner that gives them purpose and keeps them roughly competitive with the current Best-in-slot blessings but emphasizes different plays styles or builds.

The issue is that you have blessings like Slaughterer on a weapon (+15% power for 3.5 seconds up to 5 max stacks) and also something like “Superiority” (+5% power for 5 seconds on elite skill, staking 5 times). The former gives you +75% damage +cleave +stagger for killing anything, whereas the later gives you at best +25% power only or killing elites. How are these even remotely balanced?

Heavy Sword: You can have Savage Sweep (+100-200% cleave for 3 seconds hitting 3+ enemies) versus Wrath that will give up to 100% cleave at best with a Tier 4 blessings and you need to maintain 5 stacks. Or Headtaker (up to +75% power on ANY hit at max stats) which is great versus Rampage which is up to +50% damage only (since it isn’t power) but only on hitting multiple enemies.

It’s crazy how badly balanced these are when you really start looking at it.

I also think in general the +crit chance blessings are all garbage outside of certain Zealot builds. Crits feel woefully tame. Things that boost Crit damage, which only affect the added crit damage not the total damage, shoot affect ALL damage and be buffed so they are competitive with no brainer blessings like slaughterer.

9 Likes

I know what the results will be. (Not good for the grinder fanatics, but for the builders) so I will add it to the wall.

I agree with general sentiments. A rework would be best but I would settle for much more reasonable grind/light RNG so that it’s reasonable to aim for perfect weapons.

6 Likes

The goal was to not influence the poll by my wording or my own opinion… just to see if a mostly neutral toned topic/poll would have a surprising result.

I personally think that a rework would be the most healthy way for the game in the long run, but minor changes could highly improve the existing system.

5 Likes

13 Likes

I like grinding, I hate roulette.

5 Likes

I am fine with it as well that’s why I said “fanatics” the people who seem to want it in perpetuity and never actually achieving their goals, and who also seem to think that is good game design.

2 Likes

A poll. Outstanding!
We should hold more of these.

@FatsharkCatfish - holding these officially would be the best, I think.

4 Likes

After your truly pathetic attention-seeking “I’m uninstalling the game” post that you’ve had the urge to plaster on other platforms too, and STILL being here a week later to complain about locks, I truly hope they find another way to rework the crafting, just so you don’t get to buff your already spoiled ego even further with an “I was right all along” post from you.

What do you mean? You hope they do rework it so that he is right? Any admittance that it needs to change and change it is right. Whether it’s the specific ideas put forward or not is irrelevant as they are just ideas for FS to take or not, but we do want the problem addressed.

Lots of people have spoken out about why they are uninstalling/not playing the game. It’s feedback for the developers. Gives them metrics.

The polls show the trends so he is right :wink:

5 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re so triggered by my posts, but it’s great to know your constant berating of me only serves to draw more attention to my complaints. So thank you?

Incidentally, since you’ve only joined the forums on May 25th you probably missed most of the past 6-months where I, and many others, have tried to constructively give all manner of feedback to Fatshark concerning the progression system. We’ve been collectively beating our heads against the wall trying to get any substantial improvements to happen beyond minor placations. If you like the crafting system, good for you. Make a post about talking about how amazing it is. But if you want to debate with me why don’t you try actually talking about the topic itself or responding to any of my extensive criticisms directly.

9 Likes

That is most certainly the date they joined, and not at all someone’s fifth account.

On topic… yeah the whole crafting and progression should be reworked, but at the very least the locks need to go. Like… right now. It’s already four months overdue.

10 Likes

I’d be pretty surprised if they remove the lock without some overall rework of the crafting system. Even the forum goblins see it as just a lessening of their own woes, and not as an actual “fix”.

1 Like

I think, in general, the system would be “ok” if there was just a way to remove/swap locks. Even then you have to grind for bases and resources to accomplish it, and hunt for T4 blessings. You can do that without a rework. Diamantine sink for removing/swapping. Or even as I said, make it so that the locks appear on what you swap out so if you want to experiment you have to get a totally different weapon with good base to do so. The latter is more punishing but at least doable.

These would be “tolerable” without a rework. Still not a good system with a comprehensive view and plan.

1 Like