Pls do cross platform xbox and pc

well the lack of players is really only a console problem, on PC there are only a few regions who struggle to find lobbies such as south america, south east asia and afrika regions. (SEA is playing with chinese im guessing wich is the most lively region)

adding players to a already selfsustaining playerbase doesnt really do anything, so theres no real advantage for PC exept the possibility to play with console friends.

are there disadvantages for PC if crossplay got into DT? possibly.
would these disadvantages outweigh the benefit? maybe not.

but with the only real benefit of the “occasional friends with different systems” sheme
you cant really blame the PC community not wanting it.

also we PC players are tired of potenially good games getting optimised for consoles, and then having to mess around with awful controler Ui’s FoV of 70 and limited frames etc.
sure crossplay doesn’t mean that it will, but who guarantees that if they make a compatible version they won’t just decide to go the “economic” route.

2 Likes

For that i have to say it will not affect you that way to 99 % .
You can already change the fov and i think nearly all settings pc got on console also the new console gen has enough power to handle a game like darktide without tuning it down for you i think.
if you look at v2 it already has both uis implemented in youre pc version just plug in a controller and you see the menus and everything like we do on xbox.
So since you havent noticed by now i guess putting that in the new game would not affect you much . I think the only settings we dont have that pc got is resolution change in game (but you can do that in the xbox menu) and more grapicly detail settings.

And also you can play with someone with a weak pc who has lower settings without effecting youre settings and youre gameplay directly i guess . So in the worst case i guess it would not look as crisp on console as it might does for pc players but should work … but thats a lot of guesses we will see

1 Like

the last paragraph i wrote was more of a general thing, not so much about fatshark games, many console ports have a lacking amount work put into them to accomodate the PC platform, and you’re probably right that the current console generation is the closest to the PC counterpart that it has ever been, doesn’t change the fact tho that PC community had to put up with exactly these problems, for 2 decades.

and this anxiety that,— a game that should be awesome you were hyped for, got developed for console and simply ported over with minimal work and in the end is just okay because all those limitations carried over, —is still clinging onto us.

im only saying that PC players have legitimate reason to be sceptical, im not trying to argue that these things would undoubly happen again

4 Likes