Please god, delay this game for another 6 months

Yeah i agree, the lack of sub classes and abilities is a tad disappointing, i do hope they release (for free) sub classes and quickly.

Please, no more delays! I had an absolute blast in the beta and I want to get back in the game ASAP.

I do not mind that we only get four classes on launch. For me, combat was fun with all four and that is what ultimately counts in my books. It was not perfect, but it was fun.

Would it be cool to have more classes? Absolutely.
Would it be great to have a more complex and engaging progression system? Totally.
Would it enhance the experience if we had more options in the character generator? Yeah.
Are any of these issues a deal-breaker for me? A thousand times NO.

We all have a vision of what the game should be to be just right. All the player criticism and wishes are fine and dandy, but at the end of the day our hopes are only going to be realized if the align with the developers’ vision. While it is fun to speculate what the game could bring us down the road, it is pointless to expect any of our fantasies to ever actually come true.

Some people do realize that although nothing will ever be perfect at launch, it can still be a ton of fun. Then some others have this weird notion that unless their specific gripes are fixed, the game is total sh*t and not worth playing. The line between fair criticism and total detachment from reality seems to be really hard for some to grasp.

I have my gripes, just like everyone. I did not particularly fancy the clunky UI, but that can be fixed post-launch. It serves the purpose as is. It is fine.

I do wish I could see numeric values for weapons’ attributes, but that too can be fixed later. If the weapon feels good to use in the field, I do not ultimately care so much about its values. For me, good enough is enough.

On that note I did not enjoy all the weapons, but I did enjoy most of them. Having enough fun weapons available is enough for me to have fun in the game.

And I had hoped for a more nuanced and complex character development, but I am not going to turn up my nose because we basically have a carbon copy of VT2. For me, feats are fine.

Based on the beta, I think Darktide is going to rock, with warts and all. I just wish November 30th came faster!

Emperor protects

2 Likes

My guess is that Cesky’s comment should be understood as:
“What you see (during the beta) is what you get.”

Yes, they have been clear that more weapons will be available at launch. There is still a lot of comments about how the weapons feel, how unlocking weapons will work, weapon power progression, etc. They have a subforum for weapons, so they are obviously open to feedback on the topic.

Yes, there will be more maps on launch. Yes, they may look very different thematically. But it’s still possible to give feedback on the maps we were presented with and how samey they feel (to a lot of people).

Yes, there will be less limitations on everything else, but still, there are sub-forums for pretty much every aspect. If the build was outdated and they have changed/have plans to change all aspects that are being discussed, then there would be literally no point in displaying the build and then specifically ask for feedback on the game elements that are being presented.

Most people who followed V2 from release would definitely agree with that statement. The only thing that can be done, from a consumer perspective, is to raise the issues and hope that the developer has the time and want to fix things, and in some cases a delayed release may be much better for a product in the long run.

Wait until next month. There will be a Opne Beta i think. Maybe our change your Oppinion when you see the Game with all the Content that was Cut in the CB.

My takeaway from this is that people apparently had a very different experience to me. Which is completely fair enough, I’m not diminishing people’s experiences. I’m just surprised as I genuinely enjoyed it and people seemed fairly optimistic. I certainly didn’t expect to see this topic.

1 Like

Fatshark usually nails the moment to moment gameplay, but it’s the supporting systems that seems to be found wanting.

1 Like

No. Its cynical to say u’d been naive. Expecting FS to take some lessons from years of patching and players feedback is within reason.
I mean, it’s not like they are inventing the genre anew. They are doing exactly what they have been doing for years and go like: “What?? U want comprehensive tool tips and weapon stats? How could we have known?”

This may be a bad example tho frankly if I get into it it’ll just work me up too much.

It’s like u go to school for 5years and year 6 u don’t remember how to read.

FS level of Amnesia is not easyly explained. Such a huge discrepancy between reasonable expectations and what is delivered need an equally impactful reason.

I’m gonna be generous and say FS is running severely low on funds. In order to keep the Shark afloat they need to cash in by the end of the year - not in 6months or later.
Obviously they cannot admit that EVERYTHING apart from the core gameplay is missing ( not lacking…Missing!)
My hope is that they are very aware and will catch up in terms of features and content.

I’d like to think that’s rather hopeful than naive. But I’m aware of the delusions I choose to maintain sanity :smile:

3 Likes

"Would I prefer more classes at launch?
Yes
Do i think the current classes could have been tailored better?
Yes
Do i want to see more in depth improvements on the classes?
Yes
Do i think the lack of the above is a reason to delay the game?
No

Its as simple as that for me. I think Fatshark has 3 options to go from here.

Option 1: Release the game in its current state with the 4 classes, and Monetize cosemetics and each new specialization. Either by 5-7$ pack for each class, or (and the better option for this one) do a season pass style monetization. 10$ pass that gives you access to all new specializations for the year. Then charge for the special cosemetics related to them. The season pass option is acctable to me, and probably most players. It also allows more guarantee to getting income to support the game since people will more likely buy the pass. I personally may not necessarily buy all the classes individually, based on how i enjoy the game.

Option 2: Release the game as is with 4 classes. Monetize the cosemetics only, and release the first 8 classes for free. After the first 8, then monetize the others however Fatshark sees fit. This is the option i would prefer to see.

Option 3: Delay the game, untill you have 8 or 12 classes. Likely for another year or more. This i think is the worse option overall. Fatshark needs to not only pay back its investors with a launch, but also keep paying its employees to add and correct the game. Extending that will likely lead to them having to pay back investors without launching and reduce its employee count due to lack of money. It could release a year or 2 later, or just not release at all. Its 50/50 chance and we have seen games fall into the later.

Overall, i think Option 2 is the best option to ensure the game launches and keeps getting played for a year or more by people. Option 1 could also work, while accetable, i think allot of people would have a sour taste over paying for more classes given so few options. It could result in less player spending overall, as people dont buy the other classes or as many cosemetics."

This is the case i made on my forum post to not delay the game.

1 Like

just make it a 20€ pass with 100% new content and im happy

dont come at me with this BS for this singular thing u need to 5€ but its only half the cosmetic part is speperate but only if you buy the whole pack you get as sale and…

i literally don’t have enough care about these thing that i rather buy everything at once

1 Like

We can def agree there. I dont think selling the classes seperate like in vt2 is a good way for Farshark to go. Monetize by a pass, or not at all.

1 Like

In the end it all boils down to this.
You want to play the game and are tired to wait.

I get it and I do not blame you.
But eagerness to play the game must not hide its incompleteness.
Or the fact that if they ship it out in 5 weeks, it will be a butchered version.

Remember that a strong release is what brings other people in the game and, in the end, define its success.
Nobody cares if in 2 years time the game will be ok.
It needs to come out strong or after 1 week it will be the desert.

4 Likes

I agree. A strong release is needed. But what comes after is equally important.

Anthem is a great example. They promised content releases and literally showed game mechanics that never saw the light of day. In the end, they just gave up.

I think if Fatshark, spends now to release polishing and bug smashing. Then comes out and says we will do this, and this and this based off feedback, and follows through with it. I would consider that a success. Like the reasons i suggested for not delaying. Dealying the game at this point is just digging a grave for it.

Dude… you are so naive:

I think if Fatshark, spends now to release polishing and bug smashing. Then comes out and says we will do this, and this and this based off feedback, and follows through with it. I would consider that a success. Like the reasons i suggested for not delaying. Dealying the game at this point is just digging a grave for it.

They never do that. They fix bugs and polishing things in speed of legless turtle. In V2 it took them year to fix stagger system, several months to fix Chaos Wastes only to break them again with new update. It took them months to fix SoTT, months to fix Moonfire bow (making it trash from OP). They promised tons of features in V2, didn’t deliver most of them, rest took them years to add. They said tons of things like “we would like to add X in future or we are hearing you about x etc.” (WoM skins…) and never done anything of it.

You will be dissapointed if you think otherwise. We’ve been here years. We know how they operate. State of Beta just confirmed that for us.

10 Likes

It is kinda jarring to see that level of enthusiasm, innit? I mean there are bugs in VT2 now that were reported weeks after release. Some of them require maybe half an hour worth of work. I don’t understand what is this optimism based in.

2 Likes

A three day drug fuelled drinking bender.

4 Likes

Fair enough. :grin:

I don’t think the game should be delayed. None of the base game mechanics will change no matter how long it is delayed for. So, all we we would be waiting for during a delay is more classes and maybe some performance improvements. I would rather be playing while waiting for more classes.

Also, betas are usually months old builds with a lot of content blocked off. A lot of the performance and UI issues could already be fixed.

1 Like

Also, betas are usually months old builds with a lot of content blocked off. A lot of the performance and UI issues could already be fixed.

Sorry but that is copium. In last decade many games already proved that this is only a PR talk and betas are pretty much the full release builds just with cut content. Varmintide 2 showed it, Battlefield 2042 showed it, Fallout 76 showed it, Overwatch 2 beta showed it, BFV, Evolve, Diablo 3 and many more.

Nowadays betas are being called “soft launch” for a reason. It’s just a tool to hype you into good denial mood so you pre-order.

And if you believe UI will be fixed on release I have nice news for you: UI was never fixed in Vermintide 2. After few years they just adopted community mods into the game. They never did any job on it.

8 Likes

No copium necessary. My main issue with UI is sensitivity and PTT, and I doubt they won’t be there on release. my other UI issues are mainly nitpicks. I also didn’t have any performance issues other than frequent server disconnects after finishing maps and 1 crash, so I’m not too worried about that.

Since the final months of a game are obviously focused on polish and bugs they may or may not have made a good bit of progress. The smallest bugs can have wildly varying degrees of difficulty to fix. It’s impossible to tell. However, I’m not expecting much to change from beta to release.

I will say that I’m pretty sure I remember the devs saying on a stream that they never intended to keep working on either vermintide game after release, but they do intend to continue work on darktide. They likely just had a skeleton crew on V2 and that’s why progress was so slow.

What part of the V2 UI was broken?

Disagree, look at BF2042 and No Mans Sky.
Both absolutely butchered at launch, yet still sold 500k copies.
2 years later, and the games are actually starting to get good.
I feel you cant get over the fact it was a beta. Sure, the release will most likey be the same ‘mechanics’ but there’s going to be much more of it to fk around with. I also dont think you understand that this may be out of Fatshark devs hands to release…