Please god, delay this game for another 6 months

After seeing the beta, there is no way this game can be released this year.

The general software quality is just too low.

So many crashes, non-working positional sound, environment issues.

Performance… GFX issues, FOV slider missing, mouse sensitivity, low FPS, motion blur and bloom broken.

The melee combat feels bad. You can kill entire hordes slashing through walls that shield you from ranged attacks. And it just feels off.

Four classes with no real interesting options or skills on them… I hope you have more prepared for release. The progression system… I also hope there is a lot more to be seen.

There is so much in this game that needs to be fixed, its insane to go for a release.

But yeah, I will be watching the steam comment section on 30.11. and bring my popcorn.

59 Likes

I just came in about to create a topic saying basically the same thing. This game NEEDS to be delayed. I do not know what they were doing art team aside. This game is no where near ready for a release whether it is the enormous amount of missing features and options that were there in Vermintide 2, the bugs or just the gameplay it self and the terrible abilities, this game needs a huge delay and is not at all ready for a release

12 Likes

Seems like 66% completed compared to V2?

The skill system looks very basic, compared to V2.

Limited amount of weapons?

Limited amount of different classes?

Limited amount of enemy types?
(Is the enemy types that are in the beta all the types (excluding bosses) there are in the full game)?

9 Likes

I had a good time during the beta, sure, there were some minor bugs and the game would crash now and then, but that’s expected in a beta. If they focus a bit more on optimisation before launch, I think that the game will be in great shape

2 Likes

Fully agreed. This might go down even worse than the catastrophic release that was wind of magic.
The astounding lack of polish and unreasonable decisions when it comes to UI, progression system and even stuff like old V2 bugs being back is insane, given the amout of time they’ve been workin on this and all the V2 stuff that was straight up sidelined.

6 Likes

Agreed, this feels more like Alpha state rather than a BETA 2 weeks from release ^^

6 Likes

As much as I hate to admit it: It isn’t ready. It isn’t close to being ready. It needs at least another few months for polishing and ironing out issues.

I’ve been pumped for this game since it was announced and I expect to put stupid hours into it. I’d hate for it to get bad reviews at launch because of bugs and crashes and a lack of polish, but I’m betting that it will if the state of the gold release is similar to the beta.

It’s a pretty big deal for me, as my region’s population tends to thin out pretty quick for these sorts of games. If it isn’t at least stable at launch, it won’t survive long here.

I liked WoM :worried:

I was kind of hoping they’d use WoM’s weapon/upgrade system in Darktide, but it doesn’t look like they will.

3 Likes

We cant be sure but, this feels like a game that’s 50% done, and then I don’t only mean polishing and optimization, I mean content wise.

Classes, skill tree, map variation, enemy types, weapon customization etc, all this feels VERY barebone compared to V2.

The melee combat also feels very bland and get boring very quickly. If they could add some kind of combo system like Batman: Arkham Asylum had, then this game could be one of the best games ever.

The are some good part also, the ranged combat with enemies taking cover is really good, and the music/atmosphere and GFX is very well done imo.

Its just the small details of gameplay for longevity that’s missing :wink: Something that happens to be at the heart of V1 and V2…

2 Likes

usually betas aren’t the full thing or close to it. just basic gameplay stuff is added to test with the code. I would assume they’ll have a lot more content on release and most fps/lag issues will be resolved. including some game bugs. At least I hope so, been a few years since I tried a beta and thats how they were back then.

2 Likes

Yeah, people dont seem to know that the beta is a specificly made version to test out stuff and not the refined final version that will be used on release.

12 Likes

Hi there,

Thank you for being taken on board for this beta.

Being big fan of the Vermintie 2 (prob over 800 hours) I would like to post some comments on Beta version of Darktide:

Pros:

1. General feeling of the game is great, fun to play and definetely it’s a buy factor
  2. Graphics are great, effects are fantastic, atmosphere is dark and gloomy. And really thank you guys for sound effects and burning floor. All s… scary Well done
  3. Interactions between characters are so, so - could be better (as promised before realease)
  4. Thank you fr hard work for bringing this unloved environment to unworthy ones :wink:

Cons:

1. Please change matchmaking - I mean, can you do the level restriction on certain grades? No one wants to end up with LV 2 on mission threat level 3 or higher. It ruins the game. It takes so long to return to mission menu,
  2. Runnig animation is … bad. It was ok at early stage.
  3. Had many random crashes.
  4. Menu - assigning the keyboard keys not working properly
  5. Voice actors… I can accept, but you could use better ones,. Make it more like WH40k hardcore (misssion briefings)… and i know is to late.

There’s more, but can’t remember.

Thans Fatshark

6 Likes

I really can’t believe they kept the same grindy system after everyone hated it so bad in Vermintide 2. Why, just why?

7 Likes

Fatshark i mean this with the utmost respect please delay this game for another 6 months or mid next year this needs more polish.

2 Likes

The worst news I’ve received is that they plan to release it with only these 4 classes/subclasses and to POTENTIALLY charge for every subsequent one, which would, apparently, be released quarterly.

Several problems with this:

1st- If they do charge for every subclass then we’d essentially spend more than 100 bucks on the game before it catches up to the number of subclasses Vermintide 2 had.

2nd- The classes already feel the same and barely differ with their “feats” which give next-to-nothing.

3rd- What in the HELL were they doing for all this time? They have no characters ready?! I know it’s a small team but it’s not THAT small. And if it were - then release the game later.

4th- Riding on the back of my 3rd point - seeing how little progress they make in their production, I highly doubt even 6 months would be enough to finish everything that an actually complete game would entail.

13 Likes

Yes the trend with DLC slowness continues, even tho the team is over 90 people today.

I guess its many times the number they had working on V2.

4 characters with 0 subclasses is just a bad joke.

4 vs 15 in V2…

This game will cost more than 100$ to be even with V2, probably more like 2-300$ :d

8 Likes

I already though this two days ago and made this post about it: but i will also admit after seeing the post about the classes cut and the carbon copy of the skill system from VT2 this needs 6+ months more to be the game it deserves to be.

But i think they are done for. GW and Tencent will push for a pre Christmas/Holidays release to rake in the cash. I can only imagine the frustration and disappointment some might have in the development team and i am in anger too. Its just as always big suits swoop in, milk out the talent and the potential before it can develop and then move on.

3 Likes

Really, you can imagine the frustration of the development team? You have no experience with Fatshark, have you?

They were never good developers. Every game they made follows literally the same cycle. Solid base gameplay with semi-optimal content followed by terrible support of the game. This is nothing new and has nothing to do with GW or Tencent, its literally Fatsharks signature handwriting.

I also dont understand how many of you guys think that Darktide is a continuation of Vermintide 2. Classes werent even planned for the game and were most likely a last minute change, especially considering that Darktide was already in early development stages when Vermintide 2 released.

If even, Darktide should be compared to Vermintide 1 and Darktide 2 should be compared to Vermintide 2.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have to agree. I don’t think the game is in a good state right now. Performance, mechanics and combat are pretty universally a downgrade from VT2.

3 Likes

Sometimes I wonder how have I not crashed a single time playing this beta and the last and even other games when others are crashing and i am not. I just feel like people aren’t taking care of their PC, there were simple things people aren’t doing that takes a few minutes to do and dont ask what they are…you know what they are but you just refuse to accept the matter of fact.

Note that my computer is 3 yrs old and havn’t done a single upgrade ever.

Now I do agree 4 classes is just not enough but then again if they add anymore there would be even more bugs happening since we are all aware how bad all AAA games on day 1 are and it will only continue to get worst from here since its a bottomless pit.

I have no issues this game releasing because I been playing early access games and that’s just a trend now since whoever they hire as testers can’t do the jobs us thousands can and let’s be real quality coders are even harder to find nowadays.

1 Like

I agree. I played the beta a lot and I enjoyed it, but I agree that the game NEEDS more time to have issues fixed and to be more polished overall. Fatshark’s “big fish” should pay attention to the example given by other big studios. Do not rush your product. You will not deal with this well afterwards. It will be more stressful. It will be terrible for you guys to tank the heavy criticism with a bad release and the morale of your team will be shattered having to fix stuff for yesterday while under heavy fire from media, youtube reviewers and gamers in general.

Delay the game again, fix what have to be fixed, do another closed beta and if major issues are fixed, then release.

Hey fatshark boss, I know you are trying to ignore all this and make your devs rush this thing to the world, but take a deep breath and look at cyberpunk 2077. Look at Battlefield 2042. Look at the upcoming ubisoft pirate game ( delayed again). Look at rockstar gta trilogy. You don’t want to be another case of bad release.