[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.1 Content Update

Me too. I saw no login reward :fearful:

(or i’m an idiot and I already got it, just didn’t realize)

Thx for Your time

Even higher priority than fixing bugs or trying to improve gameplay experience etc.?

2 Likes

Wanted to comment on here about something a bit different - the Book of Challenges.

I am very much happy with the “challenge” part. Logical enough rewards, logical enough challenges, something to steadily work towards.

BUT

Then comes the Daily “Quests” part - That part of the Book seemed good on first glance. “Oh boy, 3 tasks to do on a daily basis for extra loot, more motivation for me and my buddies to keep on playing day in and day out!”.
WRONG!
Imagine my confusion when i login today to see that Daily “Quests” reset has only reset/given me 1 quest out of 3 and that next one is coming in another whooping 24 hours. That is just freaking sad, pardon my French. This REALLY doesn’t compare to what daily section of V1’s Bounty Board did. How is this okay? Is the reason for such slow trickle of daily quests simply due to quality of rewards (Emperor’s Chest)? Then it is still not remotely as interesting or rewarding as V1’s Bounty Board on which you knew exactly what you were working towards (specific items, crafting mats, temp. buffs) instead of another RNG loot box.

2 Likes

There’s no fancy pop up, just some free Commendation Chests - it was easy to miss. We’ll try to add a pop up in the future.

2 Likes

On the one hand lies dozens if not hundreds of bugs that would take thousands of hours to fix, on the other hand a very simple fix, called bad luck protection, that will take a couple dozen of hours to implement. Which one should be done first?

2 Likes

I’m not talking about every bug, that might ever exist in this game. But maybe just bugs like phantom swings on dual daggers, silent patrols, etc.
Frequently happening bugs, that make you loose the game, without you being able to do anything about it.
Then you can add some way to consistently get hats as far as I’m concerned.

How does implementing bad luck protection interfere with fixing bugs?

2 Likes

These Devs have been working hard, at least that’s how it seems to me. Not everything is perfect, but I think the game is coming along nicely. These last few updates have been great. Thank you and keep up the good work.

8 Likes

I think you’re missing part of the point. Not only is this is a kick in the teeth to everyone who has put in hundreds and hundreds of hours in this game already, there’s also a pretty salient point about this game being buggy as hell. Those who have played this game through release, been through all the problems, the massive 1.05 blunder, and on and on and on.

Christ, you’re still fixing talents not working on client! Like, just, the most basic functionality!

In short, not only to make up for those of us who have wasted anywhere from 200 to 1000 hours on chests with almost zero chance, but also to build some goodwill for having suffered through the incredibly rocky release of your product - would it be prudent to provide free commendation chests.

Now, I don’t care how you do it. If searching your database is like so hard, and stuff, then just give everyone the same number of chests. At least 150 to match the easy earlygame chests you get from leveling up.

It’s actually pretty astounding that the community has to tell you that you done f*cked up and that providing some goodwill might be a good idea.

It’s like…just…the very basic of costumer service, and is very, very common in games. Pretty common outside of games too, when anything from a corner store to a massive chain has done something that effects their public image that they need to rectify.

Except in your case, it wouldn’t even cost you anything. Sure it might cost one or two manhours to implement, but there’s no physical cost. You’re not giving away/discounting product.

As for this part specifically…when you dramatically change droprates, there’s certainly an argument to be made to compensate players who might have spent countless hours on much lower droprates, with no indication that droprates would increase. Especially when the game has had a less than stellar release, with the first months up until this point has been nothing but a scramble to bugfix.

Call it compensation for changed droprates. Call it goodwill gift for sticking with the game through a rocky release.

Call it whatever you want.

Just for the love of sigmar please realize how you’re pissing off and alienating everyone who has spent countless hours in this game.

8 Likes

Indeed, the latest patch moved the game in the right direction, and even though it also brought some instability, and there’s still balance issues, it’s not something that could not be fixed.

Literally every patch comments in a nutshell. :joy: :+1:

1 Like

Not really, this one added a pretty importat feature that can be build upon. Other patches, up until this point, were mosty balance changes.

That’s something of a false equivalency but people don’t care about the non-Commendation Chest situation as much for a few reasons. You’ve already adjusted droprates on these dramatically once and there was no public outcry whatsoever, so we can safely say what you’re suggesting simply wouldn’t happen. First, they didn’t have cosmetics and their red drop mechanics are still pretty bad since we can get duplicates. Hundreds of emp vaults would be a ton of duplicate charms, trinkets, and necklaces… basically a lot of dust with no guarantee of even getting the weapons someone wants. Second, all these new weapon cosmetics didn’t exist before the patch, so we didn’t spend hundreds or thousands of hours hunting them. Third, the big reason people wanted these so much more than we did in VT1 is because the crafting system, being what it is, means we can’t reliably get a perfect or near-perfect weapon w/o rolling properties on a veteran item. Giving us more green dust alleviated that somewhat. Lastly, endgame players aren’t placed at a disadvantage with that kind of change vs brand new players because they’re going to go open Emp Vaults and the newcomers are going to be opening recruit coffers. It’s just a different situation entirely.

Compare that to Commendation Chests, which were the only way to get the cosmetics that drive end-game participation: There’s no crafted alternative and the vast majority of the playerbase never saw a single one regardless of playtime and hero level but now the system has been fixed such that there are no duplicates and droprates are better. If the current cosmetic mechanics were in place pre-1.1, which they should have been, everyone would have gotten the hats they were after, even without having to live in the game.

No one’s saying it’s the end of the world. They’re saying this is a terrible and iniquitous way to treat customers. If you were at a restaurant and your meal took forever to show up and there were hairs in it and the wait staff and management were like, “Whew! Yeah… We kinda just had to cut our losses on this one,” would you go back to that restaurant or recommend it to others? How about if the table next to you got a better meal because they didn’t eat their breadsticks right away while you were waiting?

I have over 3000 games in my Steam library, many of which are even in the Warhammer universe. Please don’t make it hard for me to justify supporting you over other games/devs, because I really do like Vermintide and want it to succeed. Customer service like this though is making that difficult.

What are you talking about? You just said, “So to those of you who have been hoarding chests - you’re free to open them now. We’re not planning on changing the drop rates for these chests further.” So are you saying this kind of situation is going to repeat itself? Why would you recreate a situation like this instead of coming up with a solution to the problem? If you mean hording chests to take advantage of new items, that’s one thing. That’s totally different from this situation though. No one cares that people horded, they care that everyone, including the people who horded, are worse off from a cosmetic perspective than people who just started playing the game.

Anyways, what you’re saying here is still extremely dismissive. If anything, I suspect it’ll reinforce the disillusionment of the players who are upset about this.

How about this for a simple solution:

You just added a ton of cosmetics to the game. The original pool of cosmetics was extremely small… soooo small that if the system was working the way it should have been, ie. the way it is now with a non-trivial droprate and no duplicates, pretty much every player would have gotten every hat that was in the vanilla game without issue. I think that’s a statistically accurate assertion.

Why not just give everyone, including the ppl who hoarded chests, the vanilla hats that they also should have had already now? This would be better than giving us chests because, say someone wanted a certain vanilla hat now, that could still take a while with all the new cosmetics added but if the current system was in place before 1.1, they would have gotten it easily. In so doing, the difference between players who horded and who didn’t horde from a practical standpoint would be comparatively negligible. There may be a few people who got the game pretty close to the patch and who wouldn’t have had time to get the hats but I still think it’s a pretty good idea that anyone who owned the game pre-1.1 should get those hats as a simple way of saying, “thank you for supporting the game in its unfinished state.” This would totally offset the fact that new players get more chances at the new cosmetics, it acknowledges players’ concerns, it shouldn’t be hard to implement, and the only thing you’re giving people is what they would/should have had anyways if the cosmetic system wasn’t previously a dog’s breakfast. This would be a fair and simple solution that rewards consumers who had faith in Vermintide and FS and who supported the game before major, critical endgame features were implemented.

7 Likes

Yes of course, I mean if me and friends want to keep playing this kind of game as our quality “relaxing” (wife is nagging about this) time. Or we can look for something else :smile: .
“another game” has different meanings, it’s a memento to not lose my (ours?) mind on this kind of matters and it’s a point for the developers, that they are not the only one selling games.
Most of the people on the forum misunderstand the relation with fs and fs employed folks, we are not friend (I wish we were), this is a commercial relationship. I wish it was as easy as a talk with a friend, but it isn’t. We have reasons, they also have, some can be spoken, some cannot, because customers could take advantage on those.
It’s a messy situation.
I assume something went south on the production/beta testing/management side and, as usual, the developers and prs were left in the deepest to dig out by themselves. But this is MY guess and it’s worth nothing.
But anyway, thank you and the other fellows for keeping fs pounded :slight_smile:

Pounded :laughing:

FS is a rich company, that sold over 1 million game copies this year already. Do you really think they care what a dozen random dudes write about them? :grin:

3 Likes

V[quote=“Fatshark_Hedge, post:175, topic:23676”]
Simply put, we had to draw a line in the dirt and move past it, which is what we did. It’s a shame for those who didn’t hoard boxes, but it genuinely isn’t the end of the world. There will be more boxes, more hats, skins and frames and all sorts introduced to the game going forward and people may still hoard boxes now and wait for those. We’re not going to add compensation every time we add something to the game for players who were there previously and did not hoard boxes. It’d be crazy.

This sounds like an answers at me.

Has anyone been testing the mods? Any they would recommend? And any they would like to see white listed?

I was a big fan of the qol mod in v1 so I’d like to see that return

Game is still constantly crashing with 1342 or server backend error whenever you try to reroll something or open chests.

Considering it’s now end of workday in Sweden, I guess you’re just gonna leave it fubar broken over the weekend?

Hedge is saying, that loot might change. And people might wanna stack boxes for new loot. I think that’s what they meant.

Though this is entirely different situation, and no one is asking FS to compensate for new loot.

2 Likes

I’m not sure but it may be due to everyone opening their chests and crafting stuff at the same time, it might be a big strain on the backend system or something

1 Like