[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.1 Content Update

Firstly I’m not entirely clear on what the compensation would be that would satisfy the demand @Avar. Commendation chests? 10? 100? 500?

If so, we’d have to give them to all players active before yesterday which includes those who hoarded chests, which by your reckoning is unfair. Wed then have to identify which players had hoarded chests and not given them the bonus chests. How many counts as a hoard? How about a player who started playing the day before 1.1 and hasn’t really earned any yet, and logs in to receive 500 chests? We’d need to exclude them now because that wouldn’t be fair.

It’s quite common in games, in particular MMOs but others too, that change can benefit someone who has kept a lot of something - in this case chests which reward cosmetic items or reds.

What’s the solution you would have gone for, I ask, that would have negated the problem you have with what we have (or have not) done here?

Tangent: We could have buffed an weapon that you recently salvaged because you though it was poop tier but now, post hypothetical patch, the poop tier item is now god tier - would you be just as angry that we’d made balance changes to the weapon without giving you advanced warning?

What I’m saying is change happens and some people will benefit more in the very short term from change than others and that’s ok by us. Obviously not ideal but change happens and we keep driving forward. There’s plenty of commendation chests to be had, limitless in fact, all with improved drop rates and available to everyone.

17 Likes