NEW Topic - CONTINUED discussion - Fatshark needs to LISTEN to customers

Aye, I’m tempted to do another talent feedback/discussion thread once I’m not so busy and I’ve gotten more hours in.

I guess we’ll agree to disagree. The BBB already addressed a lot of balance concerns, on live really all that needed addressing was shielded weapons and a couple others.

Also certain ranged options, like Repeater Pistol, but that hasn’t been addressed here yet either so it’s not like the new balance is good yet anyway.

I don’t get why they added a new max HP when all they were going to is rescale Legend to that, but w/e, let bygones be bygones. The one positive of the new level cap is that it leaves room for a new talent tier in future, like you said, but they could’ve just made it HP doesn’t increase after 30.

So I’ve played enough of the new changes to have a strong opinion of them and I will list them based on the severity of fixing.

First, Beastmen are bugged. They are dead silent, even the minataur and their backstabs.

Second, specials especially rat specials on legend , spawn in duplicate. Always two assassins, two warpfires, two gunrats.

Third, Beastmen are too common, they shouldn’t be the primary force in any mission but the new one. But I’m so sick of fighting them all the time, they’re more common than both Chaos and Skaven combined, what the heck?

Fourth, Legend difficulty is way too hard, mostly but not limited to the three issues above. It feels about 50% harder than it was. Playing on Champion is boring, it’s maybe 1/8th what Legend is with healing at every corner. Feels like Veteran.

Fifth, some map ends are hugely overwhelming. Fort Brandenburg , Garden of Morr, Skittergate come to mind though that last one is understandable.

Sixth, Beastmen are overtuned in damage, hp, reach, short ainimations, large player collision boxes, capable of densely stacking with themselves, hard to see, highly stagger resistant, and maybe more. Why does Chaos do so little damage in comparision? With warriors and Maulers they should be the big hitters (though in that regard, why the heck do storm vermin overheads do so much damage).

Seventh, the temp talents are just off. The killing for temp is a hundred times better and is a no brainer choice when melee cenric classes have them. It makes classes like Knight Kruger really bad because they can’t take it. I thought the objective was to cut them temp but that melee on killing blows is CRAZY on Cata, it’s like 1/4 go in temp. At least make the other temp talents feel comparable, to make it feel like you have that talent because you’re not going to get enough killing blows to make the other worth it.

Eighth and final, stagger is a mess right now. The 7% power is almost an instant choice and poor Knight Kruger with 35% stagger when mercy who is already better gets 50% cleave and it’s not even his best choice.

1 Like

8500 people playing the game right now, at this very second.

a couple of dozen posting angry comments about the game.

if i were fatshark i know which groups opinion would interest me more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes, never before has a game seen its playerbase increase after the release of DLC.

1 Like

I’ll remind you that we started this month with 14k. Mind you people leaving is whatever. That’s the case of every single game. And it’s up to us as a community to make sure players stay.

Well. You can do that service. I’ll watch from over here in safety

1 Like

I’m still waiting for SOMETHING to open my chests and spend my materials. I’ve been waiting for a DLC for months to exchange my chests for cosmetics, or a weapons DLC to spend my dusts, or even a new hero to open 100 chests and make a new build with illusion. SOMETHING!

Currently the loot is horrible, you have the same reward for completing all maps in cataclysm that for playing in recruit (recommendation chest) is this a joke?
My brother for example only plays in recruit and has Kerillian full reds.

The game has things that are literally useless, such as the weekly event or the leaderboard.

Now comes Versus mode and it may be chaos. Host who leaves the game by losing to annoy the other players and more division of players to search for games, because you aren´t going to match a player of more than 1000 hours in Vermintide with a new player, you can cause him great frustration.

We will have the players divided into 4:

• Official Realm
  • Modder Realm
  • Weaves
  • PvP

I’ve said it 1000 times, ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE TOGETHER! As? Very easy:

• Official Realm: No change but add an option to select Sanctioned mods only.
  • Modder Realm: Eliminate it, instead integrate it into the official realm by creating a button below Twitch Mode, creating a Lowby to search for games with mod and a separate option from the Official Realm to select the mods you want. This way you don’t have to get in and out of the game.
  • Weaves: remove the leaderboard, it´s useless. Make Weaves appear inside the chests (same as Deeds), their difficulty will depend on the level at which you play (same as Deeds) and their wind of magic will be random. When you complete it you can get some cosmetics, such as the illusions that can now only be used in Weaves mode.
  • PvP: bring back the drunken fight of V1, but make it more fun. How: create a new tavern inside the castle, where you can fight and throw beer mugs, barrels, chairs … Everything! Adding some funny voice lines and recycling some of the anniversary event.

All this to make the current content fun. Now, what can we add new content? Easy:

• Quality DLC: 3 maps + Boss
  • Cosmetics shop, with pictures, skins, hats, banners, statues, objects for the trophy room …
  • Weapons only DLC, 2-3 for each hero
  • New enemy factions
  • New enemies and bosses for the current factions
  • More maps of V1 (Drachenfels, Karak Azgaraz, Stromdorf and Death on the Reik)
  • New heroes, compatible with our heroes, such as a high elf, a Bretonnian, a new wizard …

Finally suggest better missions, such as “Kill 50 enemies with bombs” or “push 25 enemies through a ravine”

6 Likes

This is probably impossible from technical standpoint. Since some mods can heavily affect core game features and switch them in and out can cause even more bugs than we have now.

Unfortunately very true, so we’re likely not seeing any expansion on sanctioned mods any time soon.
2020 honestly wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

God forbid the playerbase has access to QoL mods or changes.

3 Likes

In all fairness FS is working their ass off enough as it is. We can survive without another round for awhile. Bug fixing is more of a priority in my eyes.

3 Likes

Yeah, with “content” (a VERY loosely used term) that only a select minority of people want.
They do not understand the appeal of their own game, and this discord group certainly has no idea what makes it appeal, given the advocation for leaderboards, dominating the competition (in a coop game), being better than the plebs.

That’s what fatshark things their players want. Completely delusional and disconnected from reality, wasting their time on pointless content that is already dying because it is BORING. Most V2 players aren’t here to compete, despite the elitist discord server being so.

WoM is a totally deserved failure.

1 Like

I’m just going to say that I’m tired of correcting errors is a priority. It has been the priority since launch …

2 Likes

Does it matter if you are working your ass off, if all you are doing is digging a hole and filling it up again?

2 Likes

This is why Back to Ubersreik was such a fun content release. “Hey you already know the gameplay, now here’s some fun maps with a few secrets and some cosmetics and weapons to unlock. Go have explore and slay!”

But instead its hey here’s a new combat system that we decided we should have don’t worry we’ll balance it eventually. Hey here’s a new enemy faction we’ll balance it eventually. Hey some of the weapons that you enjoyed are kinda crap now we might fix it eventually. Oh and the game that everyone is enjoying its full of bugs again that will take over a month to fix. Oh and weaves matchmaking is crap and everyone warned us in beta that might happen but we didn’t do anything about it. Oh well we might fix it eventually.

The effect is that I’m not cut loose on content, its content being released that eventually might be in a good spot to enjoy. I have to wait for them to fix all the stuff I didn’t want (except beastmen, if this had been a content patch and the biggest gripe was an overtuned new faction I would have been excited and encouraging).

5 Likes

Like the balance stuff wouldn’t be all that bad if they did WoM content in a good way.
But that makes me question, why detach WoM from the main progression? Also there is no incentive to do weaves besides portraits? No new cosmetics when all your marketing material for this game was the emphasis on new skins and hats. Not even new skins for the WoM weapons, you have this base on Weave but you cant use on the normal game.
Makes me wonder if you guys are in bad terms with your community, all the decisions went from the opposite direction from player feedback. Also lots of missing features you guys promised since the release of the game like Lohner’s Emporium and Dedicated servers.
We need an AMA with the Dev team, the game have an excellent foundation but it seems you guys are lost with what you wanna do with it.

5 Likes

I think you overestimate the value of an AMA. Fatshark streams all the time and you can ask whatever you want. But anything they’re not ready to talk about they won’t and anything they have a different opinion than you about you aren’t necessarily going to feel better about.

The bigger question is how does Fatshark consider what is feedback worth addressing. Yeah there was a bunch of feedback complaining about every aspect of what we got with WoM, but there were opinions running on all sides and then a bunch of data we probably don’t see indicating things about the audience that isn’t on reddit or the forums.

But to answer your questions, cosmetics are pare of the Emporium update. That content was delayed for WoM (why at least new weapon illusions weren’t included who knows) . Emporium update last stream I saw said that it would be a part of the next content update (when? who knows). Separate progression I believe was so that players could all start at the same level when new weaves came out ( I don’t know why they thought this but they may actually backtrack on that one). Why they didn’t listen to feeback? Again there were statements on both sides of board and they had their own vision of what they wanted it to be. I really don’t see how knowing their thought process would help depending on what content you want. Because if you want maps the basically said takes too long so we make less of them (So at that point any feedback that isn’t “back to maps for us” isn’t really gonna leave me super jazzed) And if you wanted randomized and difficulty QP weaves well that doesn’t make room for leaderboards. So what good does it do if they tell us why it is, it still is.

Oh almost forgot you can stop beating the dedicated servers dead horse. There’s plenty of stuff they might do or change but them servers ain’t happening.

We really need a Map Editor. Should’ve had one at release so as to iron out any major bugs that are inevitable with Fatshark and by now we’d have some amazing maps to deal with this content draught.

I started this topic hoping that Fatshark reads it and listens to some suggestions and I think we have a tonne of replies that have some REALLY GOOD ideas!

We all have an opinion about how the games direction and scope has changed, and mostly negatively in my opinion, since 2.0 hit and maybe this forum can be a way to reach the devs we love so much

I hope we see some positive changes coming in the near future

crosses fingers

Yeah, save yourself the frustration of being led into the dark - go to discord if you want to reach them.

I see - thanks for the tip. I dont use discord lol