New Playable Characters

give me big norsca guy who despises chaos and I am all yours :heart_eyes:

more wizards from different orders would be fun, now everyone has “spells” so more real wizards shouldnt be problem (healers yay), maybe undead DLC with mandatory vampire character or GROUND MARINE …

yea that would be kinda over the top but the idea of new characters is definitely great

1 Like

Yes, please, YEEEESS. I’d love to see a Bard character. it would complete me. <3

How would that work? :slight_smile:

Have you ever played Dragon Age: Inquisition 's online multiplayer? They had a really awesome bard character that was well done. I feel like something similar, playing music somehow to cast buffs, would be fun.

Although, it’s hard to tell with this game in particular, since it’s so much like Left 4 Dead, I don’t really know what could be acceptable or not.

Also I don’t know if there are even bards in the Warhammer universe.

i agree it was fantastically done. combos with music chords complete with audio cues and notes was awesome. it was a fun character!

however, it definitely won’t fit with the down and dirty grim serious setting of warhammer. i’m convinced nothing can be nice or pretty (no cute wizard or elf for eye candy, just glorious weapons)

Oi! We’re the Ubersreik 5 … Or 4! Also Carl, he’s new! it doesn’t matter!

2 Likes

ha, love kruber’s voice line.

I don’t know if this was mentioned in this post anywhere. But in one of the Twitch streams they talked about adding new playable characters. Necro Character was brought up and a Half-Orc Character as well!

1 Like

I just hope when new characters are introduced, they do it in pairs or more.

1 Like

What I meant is that I dont think it would work according to the lore. There are minstrels in the Warhammer world but theyre entertainers, not music-mages.

It would be awesome to play as a Skaven who defected from the clan. But it should make sense storywise, the group wouldnt just accept a skaven as their ally out of nowhere after all. Maybe have the skaven turn into an unlockable character after completing maps that would lead up to its joining?

1 Like

Having a Skaven PC would be really hard to differentiate them between the regular vermin and him, unless he was a White Fur(or maybe even she since white fur females I don’t believe get baby factory’d), which would be pretty neat.

Personally I’d like to see a Bretonnian or a Lizardman.
The Bret’s sublcasses I’d imagine would be like: Battle Pilgrim/Man at Arms, Knight (probably errant or questing), Yeoman.
Though that’d probably just be Markus but with a Bret reskin and weaponry. Tho with the religious aspect of Bretonnia you could set him up as a hybrid between Markus and Saltzpyre
The Bret could be fluffed as a questing knight who ended up in the area.

The lizardman I could imagine going like: Temple Guard, Albino, Scar Veteran.
Temple guard focusing on defense and buffing team mates, Albino about going ham like Bardin’s Slayer class, and the Scar Vet about striking a balance. The lizardman probably wouldn’t have any ranged weapons, except for, at best, a javelin since that’s more of a skink thing. Instead he’d just be naturally beefier and/or with naturally higher attack power.
Lizardman could be fluffed as a lizard who got teleported from either Lustria or the holding that the lizards have in the southlands by crazy rat or chaos magic shenanigans.

Keep in mind its the End Times, the Warhammer world is on the brink of destruction and everyone knows its a losing battle. People are desperate so I doubt they will refuse to do everything possible to gain an advantage over Chaos. Just saying, the usual “rules” of cooperation can likely be bent a bit.

Male High Elf Swordmaster or White Lion
High Elf sending a champion to the Empire to help keep the line against the forces of Chaos. Makes sense, someone has to make sure the children leading the Empire dont mess everything up.

Female Lizardman Mage
Giant Lizards sure but they’re still the good guys trying to maintain the work of the Old Ones and fighting Chaos. Doubt anyone would reject their help at the eve of the Apocalypse.

Black Orc Mercenary
Enemies to in every direction including up and down, towns getting consumed by ratmen from within, chaos hordes rampaging unopposed in the countryside. Hire the greenskins to pummel them into the ground. Besides imagine the hilarity of an orc and a dwarf hating eachother while fighting together.

Male Tomb King Relic Seeker
They’re not mindless undead and they dont want Nagash being reborn during the End Times nor do they want Chaos from overrunning the world, puts them on the side of the good guys. Seeking to reclaim ancient Nehekaran relics so they cant be used by Chaos/Nagash. Witch Hunter definitely wont like it, would be hilarious banter though.

Female Vampire Counts Blood Knight
Vlad von Carstein fought side by side with the Empire against Chaos during the End Times. The Vampire Counts are technically part of the Empire and they dont want to destroy the Empire, they want to rule it. Chaos taking over would mess up those plans.

2 Likes

That’s why I mentioned the rival clan in OP

That’s why I’d mentioned earlier, that if they did lizardman character, the different classes, instead of just being a different set of clothes, could be an entirely different character model.

Also: with Skaven, all females are baby factoried iirc, but they could use different things to make a pc skaven stand out, like ‘better’ looking armor (gold trims and such) or notably ‘different’ colors (oranges instead of reds, blues instead of greens, etc)

Like dwarves and elves hating each other while fighting together? :smiley:

Yeah but thats so common. Dwarf and Orc hate is a special thing

it’s the “Kill each other on sight” kind of special…

You had me at “Bretonnian”! I don’t know if we’ll see any of our brave knights in Vermintide 2 as they’ve yet to get much love in AoS on the miniatures side, but it would be super cool.

Green Knight subclass when :smiley:

I’d honestly rather see something not so ‘human’ playable, just to make it feel a bit more unique/stand out. Hell, they could make a skaven character be an ‘unlockable’ character from completing a new mission, where you go down to slay a Broodmother, and you ‘unlock’ the skaven by carrying one of the ratlings out of the nest, much like with carrying a barrel. Make it harder though, like it enters ‘bleed out’ if you take a hit while carrying it, and some one else needs to get it up as ‘throwing it down’ would just kill it. If your team got it out then unlock it for all the players there and such. That’d be pretty dang interesting imo