Marcus Kruber Executioner Sword Needs rework

Nerf The Damage a bit but add Shield Braking and and faster charge attack
It’s takes forever sometimes to kill a Stormvermin with a shield, even worse when they together with a Horde I can’t focus on the Stormvermin cause that slow charge attack is so time consuming and a split second later I got 30 rats on me

I think Exec sword is one of the best weapon for Krub, especially on Merc with all that cleave & crit.
To have played it a lot recently, here’s my tip for this special case you speak (horde + SV)
2 lights, one push (not even attacking, simply push), and a quick charge to the head.

When simply 1v1 a SV, charge up the attack when you see him trying to overhead, then side dodge his attack and release yours in his face.

And Shielded SV aren’t meant to be easily killed in solo, they’re meant to be taken down as 2 or more, so everyone weapon except Flail / Handgun (that ignore shields) will struggle to kill them. Just get that charge ready while your mates pin him down, and hit him hard when he lower his guard

4 Likes

What you mean exactly ? some setup ? Just Started Playing as a Merc, he’s like an Combat Medic or some

Erm why ? Just double shove and hit power attack to the head …

I mean I haven’t any BP knowledge or anything on Exec, I just used that cause it worked well ^^

@SICKOMODE Just read his passives (not only HIS passive, the other one below, that grant him 5% more crits chance and more cleave). I like to play Merc as a support, with ult reviving, and passive spreading, but I think overall players prefer to use him as a DPS that can melt down hordes with his increased cleave, crit, attack speed bonus on cleaving, and AoE knockback

1 Like

He’s hella good as a combat medic , but at least the charge attack could be faster , when I get surrounded by stormvermin there’s a problem

You want to change a perfectly fine weapon because you hate Stormvermin? Exec-sword is perfectly fine as it is. You absolutely destroy hordes with it but on the trade-off, you deal with armoured opponents less efficiently. It sounds perfectly fair to me, especially since you can have a ranged weapon which can deal with those armoured opponents. Handgun for example destroys shielded stormvermin.

3 Likes

I agree that the sword isn’t the best at dealing with a horde mixed with armor, but that’s sort-of the point. The weapon has an inherent drawback which is what makes it fair; if it did everything the Two-Handed Sword did and also had the anti-armor swing of doom that it currently has, it would just be a better Two-Handed Sword.

As @Tosspot mentions, Kruber has access to a gun that ignores shields! It is a great solution for anti-armor while allowing you to have range for those Blight-Stormers, too. If you don’t like the idea of swapping weapons to deal with armor, try using the Two-Handed Sword; it has power attacks which hit the horde, then cleaves through the armor and goes on into the rest of the horde. You don’t need to kill the Shield-Vermin, you just need to lock him down until you clear the horde/help arrives.

From what I gathered that guy just started playing and give feedback based on few games or one game at all

Or based on his experience with axe and falchion ~~

If that’s directed for me then i got to say my reply was mainly directed towards the op. If your combo works for you then go for it. 2ndly with 5 % power vs skaven you can reliably already headshot kill stormverims with the power attack no other breakpoints really matters as much.

Swamping what weapons ?

Nah I played for months as Zealot now I’m new to the Merc , chillax , you wrong

Swapping from your currently equipped melee weapon to the handgun mid-combat.

It can get a little hairy when everyone is swinging and the horde is on your face, but it’s one of the things I’ve practiced a lot because I was our only “Special-Enemy Remover.” Push the horde back with melee, swap to ranged, kill your target, swap back to melee and keep fighting the horde.

Yes and zealot is one of easiest and most forgiving class, exec is in good place but need a lot more skill to use correctly

1 Like

@Perteks, let’s keep things on track, shall we? You called him out and he addressed you, but that’s still on you for posting off-topic.

This is a place of spreading ideas, suggestions, and information. Let’s keep it that way :smiley:

@SICKOMODE we actually had a really detailed conversation on both the Executioner Sword and the Two-Handed Sword if you are interested in the read:

1 Like

Going from the most overpowered, unkillable class to any other is going to make them seem weak. Zealot is pretty much impossible to die on with the right build and can solo all current content. You’re going to have to up your game and play with more skill if you want to master the other classes.

First of all, ex sword is amazing. And you barely need any power VS skaven to 1 shot SV. As people have said, handgun goes through SV shields as well. If you can’t deal with armour + horde, perhaps try the 2 handed sword. It doesn’t stop it’s cleave when it hits armour, and since the Merc already has much more cleave, it’s a good mix. The halberd is also a solid choice for dealing with hordes and armour. And, as you do on all classes, stack crit chance and put swift slaying on melee.

2 Likes
  • Nerf EXE!
  • no nerf
0 voters

2 Likes

RIP poll, clicked nerf while scrolling on the phone. Kek

Edit: Oh, you can change your vote. Also, wut? Why nerf Ex? Oh. The orignal post, lol. Is he trolling now? I completely missed the part of him asking for a nerf.

2 Likes

You Mean Like swap between Executioner Sword and Repeater Handgun?

Regular handgun goes through shields. Repeater will run into the same issue of hitting the shield.

1 Like