Marcus Kruber Executioner Sword Needs rework

Also, what is even going on. He asked for the nerf and voted against it? Trololol

Hilarious!

@SmokerT69 it’s sort-of a 50%-50% split. The original post was a nerf to damage but buffs elsewhere, so it’s likely he doesn’t view it as a nerf :stuck_out_tongue: even so, funny.

I also didn’t realize you could change your vote. Nifty!

Lol thats quality, better nerf EXE.

1 Like

Ah boy. This is just gonna devolve into shít posting. Lol… inb4 lock.

2 Likes

Yo I didn’t started , just that Hater , chillax

I also think Zealot damage output needs a buff and Slayer can’t soak up enough damage. While we’re at it, the Shade is far too weak at boss killing. This whole topic is absolutely daft.

3 Likes

Trying to steer this thread back on track (futile effort though it may be), using most weapons in different situations is a question of tactics and knowing what to do. Exec Sword has attacks to deal with just about anything, but they’re quite separate from each other and while simple in purpose, need a bit of premeditation to use because of their single-purpose nature.

Its light attacks cleave through a horde; its heavies decimate armor and other single targets; pushing can open up shields. You cannot simply keep swinging to destroy everything; you need to know what you’re doing - and make space and time for those heavies if Elites come with the horde. Effective dodging and pushing can create that space even in the middle of intense combat. Of course, as others said, another trick is to complement your melee with the ranged weapon: if armor, alone or mixed with a horde, seems to be the problem (and if that’s the case, another melee weapon may be a better choice for you as Exec’s single target damage is very good, armor or not), Repeater Handgun or even Blunderbuss can deal with them quickly; if Shieldvermin bring in more problems, aimed Handgun shots ignore the shield and still penetrates armor well. In fact, quickly switching between ranged and melee is a trick that’s quite deeply engraved into higher-level players’ skills, and it’s pretty integral to dealing with a lot of Elites and Special on later difficulties.

So no, I don’t think Executioner’s Sword need changes. It’s strong and can deal with different situations, it just takes more skill and knowledge than many other weapons to use its abilities well.

3 Likes

Don’t ask him that, you trying to get his new account banned as well.

3 Likes

I think it’s the best weapon for Kruber, clear hordes easily and use heavy attack against armored enemies
just increase attack speed and you will be fine

1 Like

I Did put attack speed on the weapon and and charm , the charge attack is so slooooooooooooow

They could add 2nd heavy attack with longer charging time like warpick/rapier has.

1 Like

Exactly !!! never thought about that

Just to be sure, you know you can let it go before full charge right. It will stagger and give you enough time to land a second.

(If I’m not mistaken, exec sword already have 2 charge levels)

they should add Shield breaking !

Nope, it doesnt have 2 charge levels.

Weaken thre charge time and add shield breaking

Oh indeed my bad.

Adding another charge level with shield breaking sounds fun, tho I don’t think it’s necessary, especially considering you can’t break SV shields.

2 Likes

It could have increased dmg+monster dmg bonus.

Did you ever try to use light attacks on a pack of stormvermins? Kruber has a lot of crit chance + his epic cleave, so you can stagger the hole patrol till they become weaker and than kill em one by one with charged attack. Just practice a bit more with EXE sword, because this sword is really one of the balanced one and the best (except elven spear IMO) among Two-handed weapons, FS has a few weapons that should be buffed\nerfed, but it’s not EXE for sure. Like someone said: “It’s one of the best Kruber’s weapon” at least for 1st and 3rd Kruber. + You can always use your secondary to balance stuff and kill shields more easily. (For example, RIPeater is awesome)

thats the problem