Lore, Careers and Questions

Very unlikely. According to the flc Sofia is the spitting image of Sienna. And Kruber had a very clear view at the necromancer killing his men. Their first meeting would have been very different if it was Sofia.

Sofia also kept low profile as it seems. Mostly summoning undead in some backwater villages

So I just got “Why are my dreams full of blood?” from Saltz while in CW lobby room. Could it be a forshadowing for a vampire career?
That would kinda suck, cause I was hoping for a warrior priest.

Probably an old line, but between this and the Nameless voice knowing about Sofia in Castle Drachenfels. What ever he is, he clearly enjoys goading Sienna on about her necromancer sister.

The world is ending, though few believe it. The Chaos Gods, the Dark Brothers, tire of their great game. Now, they seek to sweep the board clean with fire and blood.

By Sigmar I hope Sofia amounts to something more than a quote!

I don’t even need a new faction, I just need a villain I can get invested in.

Quick tier list of V2 villains

Chaos Gods < Rasknit <<< Bibbitybop Hamfist < Nurgloth <<< 5 million rats <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Sienna’s evil undead twin sister.

Let’s go antagonist!

Not much information this time around:

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Hearth and Home — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Really hoped we would get some information about Grungni’s Whisper. Or what Saltzpyre is up to after the Citadel of Eternity.

Yeesssss this, i’ve been wanting the same. I feel like we’ve interacted on the Reddit about this before

1 Like

On a semi-related note: I notice that I am not spending enough time in the Keep because I don’t know like ANY of the new career dialogues. Which is … a shame … and a waste. Fatshark would it be possible that the new career dialogues could ALSO happen during missions (maybe even give us an option to disable comments for “This way, that way” as every Cataclysm player KNOWS the way and it disrupts actual interesting dialogues).

To some of the new dialogues which I found interesting. Mostly OE and SotT (GK are more light-hearted and fun instead of providing background lore):

1. Family matters concerning Bardin

B: The mining accident at Karak Norn. It was my father’s fault. Disengaged the pneumatic supports - called 'em newfangled umgak. Then the quake hit.
K: And your uncle took the blame?
B: Took the burden for his brother, who died a hero getting other miners to safety. Wouldn’t expect you to understand.
K: You’re asking me if I understand pride, and shame? Hah.

K: So, have you other family still in this grey world of ours?
B: Why do I reckon you already know the answer?
K: So suspicious, Master Dwarf. But yes, Lohner told me. You’ve a daughter, I understand?
B: Aye, I do, and a canny lass she is too. Has forgotten more about engineering that I ever learned. Captains a monitor out of Barak Varr nowadays

K: Your wife’s made quite a name for herself I hear, Goreksson?
B: Do I have no secrets left?
K: One. And I’ll not ask about that.
B: Hmph. Yes, Grelda’s a dab hand with an axe. You should see her when’s the scent of gobbo blood in her nostrils. You’d like her.
K: But she doesn’t care for you any longer?
B: Life’s complicated. Not everything’s forever.
K: Aye. True enough.

1. People expecting some Engineer “magic”

M: So, I guess we can expect to see a few dwarfen upgrades around here.
B: Might be - but don’t you go confusing me with a common tinkerer. I’m an artist.
M: You sound like Catrinne. Eating all those paintbrushes has obviously had an effect.
B: I shan’t dignify that with a response.

V: Perhaps you should use your newfound standing with the Engineer’s Guild to get our weapons improved?
B: It’s not so simple as that. I’m more what you could describe as ‘self-taught’.
V: But what of structure! Discipline! The judgement of one’s peer? You have no one against whom to measure yourself!
B: I know. I find it liberating

1. This one I find quite intriguing:

B: Well dawri, our journeys up north have been something, haven’t they?
K: I… remain undecided. I expected something else.
B: It could be worse. Then again, couldn’t it always?

It “might” refer to the Citadel of Eternity. If true then the U5 did NOT find what they expected - meaning either no gods, not the gods thex expected or not the answer they expected.

1. Kerillian being emo. I like the first one here the most, kinda heartwarming

B: Look, wutelgi… Lohner asked me to have a word with you. He’s worried you’ve become a bit… edgy… since, you know…
K: So he sends one obsessive to fix another? I’m not a machine to be repaired, Goreksson.
B: I know… but I do know a little about poor choices made for good reasons. Thought it might help.
K: You’re a good friend. I’ll try to remember that. If I’m allowed.

K: Did I make a mistake, Goreksson? Becoming what I am?
B: Why ask me? I don’t know owt about magic and elgi goddesses.
K: Aye, but you do make a lot of mistakes. In this, if nowhere else, I’d value your counsel.
B: Very wise - hang on, what was that?

B: Wutelgi, listen I wanted to -
K: Leave me be, Goreksson. I’ve had my fill of your questions.
B: Look. Just between us. I just wanted to say that I understand. Sometimes the only way to work out who you are is to be someone else.
K: Aye. Maybe. I don’t know any longer. I don’t know what it all means.
B: Then make it mean something.

This one is kinda brutal and funny at the same time:

K: The world is so different now. I no longer hear the Weave… I feel it pulsing where my heart used to be.
B: You had a heart?
K: Want me to show you yours? Atharti could have it for a snack.

More mocking of Kruber’s lady

K: About the Lady of the Lake
M: No. Not listening. Had enough of that now.
K: I was just wondering… when she handed you the grail… did you get a good look at her ears?
M: Lalalala, can’t hear you! Sorry.

And Kerillian having more than one patron now. Like a large Kerillian discount and each god can get a part of it:

B: I don’t blame you for needing more than one godly patron, wutelgi. After all your gods are such frail, brittle things.
|K: The gods? Maybe. The goddesses? No. They nurse a grudge like you wouldn’t believe, and it makes them mighty.

I’ve skipped on the ones mocking Kruber’s accent or Kerillian being a tree now. But again Fatshark. I didn’t hear a SINGLE ones of these because they only play in the keep when other careers are around which rarely happens in quickplay. Either make them available in the missions OR give us NPCs in the keep where we can actively trigger these dialogues.

4 Likes

Wow I didn’t know about a couple of those lines, and I spent a couple of evenings just chilling in the keep with a friend, so I could get them. (if you want to do the same sometime add me, my steam name is the same as my forum’s). I like your suggestion, and it would be great to have NPCs living in the keep (standing in their quarters I guess) so we could trigger the lines.

Some of the accent lines were amazing :smiley:
“Must you keep using that dreadful accent?”
“I zunno vhat you mean. Vhat axent?”
Saltzpyre’s exasperated sight can’t be put into words.
There were also many lines about Kruber being unclear what he did to please the Lady, and he being so drunk at the time he doesn’t really remember the meeting either. I wonder…
Also Kerillian laughing like never before about the implications of Lileath watching over Kruber.

1 Like

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Something in the Shadows is Giggling — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Seems like Kerillian brought some Spite(s) infestation with her. It’s not contagious, I swear.

I would welcome some more Lore bits about Grungni’s Whisper, Saltzpyre, the Aftermath of the Citadel of Eternity or Kruber’s search for his Bretonian Ancestors. Or maybe some news about the Tilea’s Night of One Thousand Terrors? That should be bound to happen soon, right?

Just so long as the bigger ones don’t show up. You do hear tales about spites making bloody great bodies out of deadwood and pounding folk to a pulp.

Wait is that supposed to be the Fenbeast ? Are Fernbeast supposed to be spites ?

Well, Sonnstill it is. Explains the Keep (which was to be assumed), does not give much details otherwise -_-

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Midsummer Festivities — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Kinda early today O.o

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - A Quiet Spell — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

"Still, there’s always stuff to do, even when it’s quiet. I’ve had a few interesting chats with Rosalinde about further improving our base of operations – though I doubt anything’ll come of that for a while. Olesya’s still not happy about the state of the Weaves, but having only five operatives and a wealth of horrors to tackle means something’s always going to fall by the wayside.

I’ve also had a word with some of the lads about pushing our sentries a bit further out along the mountainside. What with sinister missives from supposedly deceased twins, murmurings of godly machinations and the general state of the world, I don’t want any more nasty little surprises, thank you very much. And there’s still the business of Hedda Bardinsdottir to think about. "

This sounds a lot like meta reference concerning future content.

3 Likes

"Then, of course, there’s the business of the Citadel of Eternity. You’ve all been a mite evasive about what you’ve seen and heard in there "

“Fortunately, I don’t see anyone setting him free any time soon.
I mean, what kind of idiot would do that?”

Hmmmmm. Fatshark placing Red Herrings?

2 Likes

Lohner’s Chronicle when ?

Good question. It could be expected that there is a week or two of a break due to the vacation time in Sweden. However, I would have expected it to be earlier then.

Maybe someone got sick, maybe they didnt progress on the development side fast enough to march in parallel to the chronicles and have to delay them, maybe all those chronicles about the Chaos Waste maps have been hints for some hidden secrets on the maps and they are waiting desparately for the community to find them.

EDIT: Shifted to Monday. Temporarily or permanent?

Given that today’s episode is titled “An Unexpected Letter”, I’d say it arrived precisely on time.

2 Likes

I guess that is a fair interpretation. Or a lucky cop-out for Fatshark being not on time.

Not sure what to think of this tale yet. Would Fatshark really go for a Necromancer as career? Wouldn’t like this I think. Also working with/for Sofia would also reduce the chance for Undead as new enemy faction. Unless it is a trap.

I mean what favour could she ask from Lohner? At least it increases the chances for an Estalia campaign.

Also what is with the lax security around Lohner and this keep. Random Bretonian messengers and dead Undead summoners are finding him quite easily as it seems. Only one who failed is Bodvarr.

1 Like

Evil Twin story arc LES GOOOO