Lore, Careers and Questions

Come on Fatshark, tell me she is part of the next Tide game, Dreadtide here we go :shark:

Like a Navy Engineer of Barak Var who isn’t contactable by any of her kin, that must be it

Though I will admit Skakgal is possibly Karaz Zorn since legends say that it is made in a Golden Mountain

1 Like

Dreadfleet 2.

Brutal boarding battles against the pirate alliance of the Undead, Skaven and Chaos Dwarves on the high sea.

1 Like

Aye, have written a bit about it before

I love the Vampire Coast Dlc in Total War (Though I dislike the inclusion of Saltspite since she isn’t a Vampire/Undead) and Dreadfleet actually also happen during/just before the End Time

Small mention:

Skakgal: Theft+Gold

Skak: Theft, variation of Ska=Thief

Gal can be gold (Galaz can mean gold of special value, Azgal can mean Treasure Horde so could fit) but it can also be a determinant:

Umgi: Friendly Human (Singular)
Umgal: Group of Friendly Human (Plural of Umgi)

Azgal is a weird case since could mean plenty of “Az” (Sometime Axe but also the root of Silver: Azril) or it could be Az (Axe/Silver) and Gold (Gal)

So it could be that Skagal isn’t Theft+Gold but instead Group of Theft/Thief

Furthermore, Khazalid can be separated into 3 part:

Root, Determinant 1, Determinant 2
So: Ska (Thief) ak (Act of or concept, turn the Theif into Theft) gal (Either Gold, or plural/plenty)

4 Likes

Does Skak only mean Theft? So stealing from someone? Or could it also be searching for a treasure?

I think I read it before but I also agree that Bardin knows what the words means and I am interested to see where this storyline is going towards.

Also, I find the comments for Catrinne interesting. To a certain part I consider her to be a ghost (if they exist in WHF). But she seems to be a seeable person. So is she really a Vampire? Would be problematic as all Vampires are craving for blood. Or has she other issues. But apparently “she has a torch to carry”. Not exactly sure what it means. First time I read/hear this expression. But it seems to be obvious to the rest of the people in the Keep? Why should a WH not see something the rest can notice easily?

To Carry a torch for someone means to have unrequited love, it can also mean fancying someone who has no idea you fancy them. So she “carries a torch” for Salty. Romance is absolutely not on Saltzpyre’s radar at all so Catrinne is stuck in the friendzone.

3 Likes

Catrinne isn’t real anyway…

1 Like

“Real? Real?! Next you’ll be asking if my boots are real! You want me to prove it by kicking yer dongliz across the mountain like a goat’s bladder?” -Victor

Heh, that was educational. I will remember it. The one-in-a-lifetime scenario where a Britain is actually useful :stuck_out_tongue:

Good, that explains why Saltzpyre is blind to it. Would still be nice to actually see “something” of Catrinne. More than her being the voice from the off.

I hope they get whatever they have planned out fast.

I wonder how much longer this will go O.o

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Empty Chambers — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

AND if they all have prepared this before hand or just looking what then can come up with each week.

EDIT: Interesting, so Kerillian is visiting home. And comes back with her new career :stuck_out_tongue:

Directly reacting to her CW quote: I am a bad guardian of the Weaves. This has to change.

3 Likes

Hints about Kerillian’s new career ? At least an announcement coming I think :smiley:
This got me all hyped up !

Kruber’s taking it hardest. “The Ubersreik Five stand together” and all that. I’ve asked Bardin to keep an eye on him, on account of that thing about sudden inexplicable death.

Proof that Kruber is the one that named the group as the U5 ? :blush:

But ye, Kerillian will most likely have a WE dlc Career (not a bad prospect), though I’m still thorn on what it should be

3 Likes

We’ll likely get a non Lohner lore post just before the trailer drops. Like what they did for Kruber and Bardin.

If I’m a betting man, Skull Throne’s likely next week depending if Geedubs announces it this sunday. Then likely the final teaser possibly tuesday?

Hard to say how far they are in development with the career as they never talk about it -_- But yea, the lore post looks like some kind of indication for finally tieing all strings from past lores together for Kerillian. Looking forward to the “conclusion”.

Out of curiousity as I couldnt find it as easily as I thought: When exactly is the Skull for the Skull Throne Event?

And I am torn if this was intentional O.o

1 Like

Skull of the Skull Throne event is a seasonal thing and sale Games Workshop does for all their currently worked on titles. Vermintide, Total Warhammer, Gladius etc etc. All these games tend to make an accountant, or have an in game event, or even DLC around the time.

Usually from around June, but most Warhammer games and their DLC tend to go on sale again as well.

You used the correct word.

In any case, no one knows what the next Career will be. It’s just that no one can know. Nobody saw anything, not even a hint.

These aren’t the elves you’re looking for.

P.S: I apologize again for offtopic, but I cannot live in an isolated world. Warhammer is all Warhammer with no exceptions, and right on this week the Oak of Ages Past was revived and the Athel Loren forest was regrown in Age of Sigmar (in book The Broken Realm: Kragnos).
Is this a coincidence? I’m sure not.

It’s not like I’m trying to hammer in my ideas on such a thorny subject and become the embodiment of problems

(3 for 1, well 3 assumption)

1 Like

Great News! Now its call Warhammer Skulls Festival of Video Games 3rd-10th June!

The Skulls for the Skull Throne event returns this year in a new form AND with a fresh name to celebrate the tremendous, ever-growing host of video games set in the Mortal Realms and the 41st Millennium. The week-long Warhammer Skulls festival starts Thursday the 3rd of June at 6pm (BST), and you can join the celebrations as we kick off the event live on Twitch with a Showcase. Enjoy world premieres, exclusive first looks, details of special offers and free-to-keep video games, and new video game announcements.

We’re delighted to announce that Warhammer Skulls features on more platforms than ever before this year. As well as its usual home on Steam, the festival will appear on Xbox, Windows 10, GOG, and Oculus too. Plus, you can find cool deals and game updates over on Nintendo Switch, the Apple App Store, GeForce Now, and many more.

Once you’ve caught the main event, don’t go anywhere as our aftershow delves into the juicy details in search of more nuggets of exclusive info, which you can find here on Warhammer Community as soon as the showcase finishes.

Sunday Preview – Warhammer Skulls, Adepta Sororitas Pre-orders, and That Crab You Love

I look forward to a new Premium Career at this Festival.

4 Likes

Thanks for the head-ups. I agree that if we get information on a new career close-by, it will be tied to the festival. But this is also means no information at least until Thursday. Unless FS plans announcement AND release over the course of the Skull Festival.

Is there a giant tree standing in Athel Loren?

“But one should always be careful seeking favour from godesses. One never knows quite how it will end.”

5 Likes