Lore, Careers and Questions

I’m fine to be optimistic about it too, though considering what information we do know about content I have to say their marketing strat is even more bizarre than usual currently. It’s like they’re actively attempting to not market at all, and then stop people from getting hyped about stuff on their own, it’s pretty strange decision making.

I don’t think this is trademarks, AoS is just a much more popular game, and a better one too in my opinion. Though the models and setting probably do appeal a lot more to people who are mainly in it for the hobbyist side of stuff over the game itself also.
40k is even more ridiculously successful than usual in the last 5 or so years too, which probably contributes the largest amount.

2 Likes

And what about ol’ Battering Ram Kruber? Does he get his own ale brewery?

1 Like

No, he sips from the grail… AGAIN.

2 Likes

And with that, he goes… even further beyond!
vocal cord demolition begins

2 Likes

@FatsharkJulia I have lost the ability to edit the OP. I assume it gets deactivated by default one month after creation. However, it means I can no longer add the new Chronicles to it -_-

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Why I’m a Worthless Mayfly

So it seems Kerillian got a hold of Franz’s Chronicles and has profess her love for Kruber on this one. I’m curious to see the new if any dialogue once the expansion comes out between Kerillian and Kruber. :sweat_smile: :rofl:

It’s not even April 1st yet. Someone must’ve gotten drunk while working… ts ts ts.

Pumpkins.

1 Like

…To be honest this actually does not feel out of place for keri, i can really picture her trolling Lohner in such a way after having given him the whole cliffhanger episode. Now he has to live with the shame of having the elf not just find his spymaster diary but also write that in it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Has the pencil icon straight-up disappeared from the toolbar on the lower right-hand side? What if you click the pencil icon next to the post’s creation date? (If it exists)

Yep, it straight-up disappeared. I assume it is a in-built forum function to avoid posts being changed a month after creation.

The pencil icon next to the post’s creation date is grey and shows me prior changes (of which there have been 5).

Try now please! I think I’ve sorted it

6 Likes

CW has proven the theory correct. FS have been updating us with the FLC’s all this time. Beautiful way to keep those with an ear to the ground and a keen eye informed. I’m really impressed with FS’s direction.

3 Likes

And further it goes: Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Provisions — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

FLC are still continuing. Also for funsies have here the “Letter to the community” which has been posted in such a way that most of the community sure as hell hasn’t seen it:

A Letter to our Community — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

How did I miss this thread? :sob:

Wow this fits perfectly with a line I heard in CW! can’t remember it exactly, but it was about hearing “two new voices, pushing me to embrace the weaves like never before”

This is more far-fetched: I believe Saltzpyre might have Tzeench’s attention (a dear friend of mine, quite expert in WH lore, said so from the start :smiley: ) and the recent pilgrimage goes a way towards that theory, but I don’t think Salt would willingly strike a deal with him, not at this stage anyway: it would do Tzeench’s will by his own accord, unwillingly serving his schemes while trying to defy him an the other dark gods.
Plus, it’s the grey seer which took Victor’s eye: “the gray seer saw your truth when he took your eye” (drachenfels). The line about it being a sacrifice is to be intended more as a metaphor, I believe. The previous line makes me think Rasknitt let Victor go, and that would have pissed him off immeasurably. He’d then see the loss of the eye as a price and a reminder of his failure.

I don’t think so, there’s a line (to sienna iirc, might be wrong) about “following her/us home”. Plus, the demon voice was different from the one whispering to us. My theory is that he’s Drachenfels himself, although I’m not sure now, it stil seems a safe bet. It looks to be something almost godly prescient, which followed us from there.

EDIT: to add to the discussion I’ll link you these questions I had: Whose voices are we hearing in our pilgrimages?

It’s great to have all these in a single post. :slight_smile:
Considering the title is Lore etc and not “lonher’s journal” what would you think of adding the remaining lore posts?
Markus de Mandelot
Family Matters
A bit of Remodeling
Return to the Reik

I can add them (not right now :P) but I think there are some missing. Also Return to the Reik is most likely just April Fools and not real Lore addition.

2 Likes

Yeah I know that, but there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be true in the lore. :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s quite fitting with the remodeling of the keep and the delay to the chaos expeditions. It wouldn’t surprise me if it was actually Vermintide canon, and our heroes would mention that in the future. It would actually be pretty awesome if it happened :smiley:
Plus, who knows, maybe we’ll actually get that mission, I can hope :stuck_out_tongue:

“Really Goreksson? You wonder why your daughter might not want you to find her submarine? After you sank our ships twice?”
“Baah, no sense complaining, Grimgi, it did end the blockade. Plus, those were umgak ships, not dawi-craft”

Latest FLC about Sienna and her new found “faith”:

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - The Blazing Sun — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

And just as a reminder:
Maiden of the Blazing Sun - Vermintide 2 / Vermintide 2 - Feedback - Fatshark Forums (fatsharkgames.com)

1 Like

Franz Lohner’s Chronicle - Leaps of Faith — Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Jump!

Edit: Interesting to see how Fatshark sets a prolonged focus on the story about Bardin’s daughter. Sounds like the next Adventure Mode DLC.

Also interesting to know that there is a village in the vicinity of the Keep.