Longsword - maybe to good

It outclass xsword on merc and its practically best weapon for fk

I need to try it on FK. Anything in particular that makes it stand out on him?

Its just better version of 1h sword, have amazing cleave amazing anty elites very defensive and fk have all atk spd he need

1 Like

I agree. Afaik heavy 3 actually chains into the push attack rather than light 3, which should be fixed imo.

1 Like

Nah, H3 chains into L3. L3 just has the same profile as like Mace heavy for example. Or elf 1H sword Heavy 1.

So for a point of reference, push stab H3 L3 = Greataxe light 1 --> Bill Hook Heavy – > Mace Heavy for the damage profiles.

1 Like

That’s interesting, because it uses the Bretonnian Longsword’s push attack’s animation, which is different to l3. Guess it’s just for looks.

Edit: Are you sure? I’m getting 3150 on the infantry/chaos dummy for light 3, and 3200 for the push attack/the light after heavy 3.

1 Like

Heavy attack 3 does indeed chain into the push attack.

5 Likes

I am standing corrected. I don’t think that’s intended.

Edit: Apparently it is intended. H3 and L3 come from the same side which makes the animations look weird.

3 Likes

Brongsword is essentially how 2h sword should have been to begin with. I like the attack pattern.

Just because a weapon works on Kruber it doesn’t mean it’s too good.

3 Likes

If it is able to one shot cata Stormvermin, has 10% crit chance on light and push attacks, paired with insane attack speed, that leaves a stacking bleed and has 1.35 dodge ranges with six effective dodges, its a balanced elgi weapon.

If you wield a hunk of steel with 1.0 dodge range, two dodges, the ability to one hit kill cata SVs and 20% crit chance on the already overkill heavy attack it is an OP Kruber weapon that needs nerfing.

Double standards are not exactly a fresh experience in Krubers world.

5 Likes

I dont know if I’d call the bretonnian longsword trash
I recently posted a build with double longsword setup and its a very fun build honestly
For mixed hordes I usually do heavy1 -> Q cancel - heavy1 and for low tier trash mobs just light1 and 2 -> Q cancel and repeat, no blocking required
If anyone is interested this is the build: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2146905921

2 Likes

GK power stacking borders on silly, between gear, the 30% stacking, your quest potential, and various other modifiers (buffs from other players) you can pack some serious punch.

Whats the point of all the extra power if it hardly changes anything. His Knightly Temper, the WHC/Shade passive made talent, is by far his best asset. Its on a career with no crit chance modifiers what so ever. The rule to apply it also makes it particularly weird and worthless on some weapons, while already only having a one in seven chance to apply.

The 30% extra power you get in the same row is not even close to promoting GK to the hight Shade, or WHC life during close combat, while having far less survivability than any of them. Iam getting tired of mentioning it, but they are both also able to use Range weapons.

I get that most comments praising GK are from non Cata players, but its still strange to me how iron they are that GK must be good because his damage is great, although compared to what we already had in the game it really isnt.

Well to be fair his ult with the double attack pattern reminds me of Shade pre BBB patch, it’s abit to good to be honest and I am pretty sure it will get nerfed at some point

That’s just not true at all if you look at the damage numbers. I really hope it doesn’t get nerfed. GK w/ double ult does about the same monster dps as quad axe slayer in game. It’s nowhere close to a shade.

Edit: Shade hits for 600 baseline and w/ strength + crit power, he hits over 1k on headshot. GK cannot hit anywhere near those numbers. That also doesn’t even factored the guaranteed crit shade gets for his second attack. Also doesn’t include barrage stacks if you choose to run something other than longbow. Also, DD on shade does WAY more boss damage than anything GK can offer between ults.

3 Likes

Ï will do a comparison video just in case because I am quite confident that GKs ult does hit close to Shades damage number

Probably not relevant, but does the first strike for Audacity set the boss to stagger level 2?

1 Like

I did cata FoW on GK, the 30% power is great.

Pretty sure the double strike does more.