Chainaxe Remake Idea

A few days ago I’ve made this post The chainaxe is confusing, since that post, I’ve tested (atop the many hours I’ve already used it) the chainaxe to determine what’s wrong with it, and what’s great about it, so here is a list of the pros and cons followed by a suggested remake:

PROS

• IMO the most brutal and stylish weapon currently in the game.
  • Light attacks are fast.
  • Great special action damage.
  • Good cleaving push attack.

CONS

• Light attacks stick to enemies preventing and canceling your dodges.
  • Light attacks fail to one shot most smaller enemies (on malice and above), this combined with the above, renders light attacks useless against smaller enemies.
  • Overhead lights are in the 3rd and 4th places, the weapon’s light attack damage isn’t high enough to warrant this.
  • Heavy attacks are slow and awkward.
  • Heavy 1 is a near-vertical cleaving attack, you get neither good single target damage nor cleave.
  • Heavy attacks cleave damage isn’t good, only the first 3 targets are damaged, and the damage beyond the first target is negligible.

Suggested Remake:

1. When light attacks stick to an enemy, you can dodge to rip the axe out of the enemy, and end the attack early, and deal the rest of the damage instantly (maybe you can also do this mid special action to end it early, without dealing the rest of the damage of course).
    Dodges are still canceled if you attack mid dodge, but this will help mitigate some of the sluggishness of this weapon.

2. A small stagger bubble around your light attack target, to help control hordes a little bit better.
    This will help control hordes better, since heavies are a no go.

3. Heavy attacks are wider, have more stagger, but deal low damage.
    Either this or the above point, to help with hordes, even if just a little better, this weapon isn’t made for hordes anyway.

4. light attacks have damage on par (or higher), than the normal axes, the discrepancy is noticeable.
    Light attacks are a death sentence if you are facing more than one enemy, and if you are facing one, you should always go for the special.

Feel free to tell em what you think about any of this, thank you.

I think the push attack is pretty good for hordes, but that’s a really weird design since it relies on stamina and not every class has good stamina or stamina recovery. (Veteran) It holds up okay on Zealot though.

There are options, but they are limited in many ways, just like you said, stamina is a huge issue for veteran when you have to rely on push attacks.