Let's speculate about new "unexpected" content of 2019

More updated VM1 levels would be nice. Though it would be increasingly difficult to justify them from a story perspective.

Personally I feel itā€™s a bit unlikely, but itā€™s not inconceivable, I suppose. She would be about the only Vampire who the party wouldnā€™t just murder instantly. They might WANT to . . .

1 Like

If you ask meā€¦
Footknight with a beard.
New portraits, and not just portrait frames.
Open the inn that was available in the beta (so iā€™m told) with all your stuff from the first game.
Pictures to put in the frames in the keep.
Working Back to basics. Actually a rework of the deed system, some quest and challenge system may be nice.
More dialogues.

Prove me wrong FS!

Hold my beer

15 Likes

I remember reading something about the Devs reworking the Deed system, but I canā€™t seem to find it anywhere. Can you clarify that?

I know you obviously canā€™t tell us about any information for upcoming DLCs, but can we get a yes or no? Are you planning to release a new DLC within the next 3 months?

EDIT: I just saw your response on another thread,

Can you give us any info on this as all? Are we going to be crafting deeds? Or will it just be a multiplier on custom games which we can choose ourselves? Or something else entirely?

Sure

So letā€™s see something :eyes:

1 Like

Itā€™s too soon to comment on exactly what the deed rework will entail, but thereā€™s rumour of it being both an expansion of the available mutators and potentially a resource sink as well - that said - this is just a rumour :slight_smile:

Similarly to future DLC plans, too soon to say with confidence on dates and what exactly the future content will entail.

Justā€¦ just hold our beer.

9 Likes

It has also been mentioned on stream that deeds come up on basically every meeting, so judging by that it has been given plenty of thought.

1 Like

My 24,000 scrap would like a use.

3 Likes

I highly doubt that FS will add a new playable character(s)ā€¦ but new weapons, unique skins/hats, maps, difficulties, challenges etc. maybe introduce new enemy type(s) for both skaven and chaos to spice things up a bit.
Thereā€™s so much they can do!
We shall see.

Highly unlikely to get new character / career / enemy faction.
Maybe weapons, but what new could they bring? Ranged probably.
Last stand? That ship likely sailed with FoW.
New maps will be reserved for DLCs, as itā€™s the only content that can justify putting more money into the game, thus no map editor.
No maps from V1, rework takes just as much work&time as making new ones from scratch.
Before all, BUGFIXES AND BALANCING!
DEDICATED SERVERS!
Deeds need rework, new difficulty above legend, sanctioned Deathwish / Onslaught / Mythical Vanguard mods.
Something to use up salvaged resources.
Keep upgrade, new skins, hats, but thatā€™s not content in my book tho.

I wonder if theyā€™ll complete/revisit all those things that were dig out from the data about the chars careers/stances etc.

About the vampire,
from the Realms of sorcery rpg book, about witch hunters
ā€œThe practice of any witchery outside of the auspices of the Colleges of Magic is deemed an abomination within the Empire. Death by burning is the proscribed punishment for this
particular crime and the Witch Hunters are far from squeamish about meting it out. In recent times, after the recent Chaos War to the north, woodcutters and Witch Hunters are kept busy as more and more people reportedly turn to the dark arts.
ā€¦
Witch Hunters range from the coldly dispassionate, who regard what they do as just a job, to those whose zeal for hunting down the servants of Chaos knows no ends, and who would burn a village to the ground rather than risk letting one cultist go unpunished. As Witch Hunters get older and more grizzled and the number of horrors they have witnessed grows, many become more extreme in their views, more like the archetypal Templar of Sigmar from three centuries ago who believed that everyone is guilty, itā€™s just a question of how much.ā€

Genevieve DieudonnĆØ, from the book Nights Dark Masters, still needs to drink blood (not as often as normal lahmian). Sheā€™s not related to chaos but is an undead, still related to necromancy to some extent, so I wonder how Saltz Witch Hunter would relate to her (the career Vampire Hunter in the rpg is one of the nodes to become a Witch Hunter).
Iā€™m sure Bardin Troll Slayer would do only one thing, charge.

That sounds neat, my scrap is climbing towards the 3000 mark (again) and it will be nice to have something to spend it on.

Where is the herdstone on Empire in Flames? I mean, I know thereā€™s one on Engines of War (and on Reikwald Forest in VT1), but I never saw one in Empire in Flames.

@Palesz Hey, theyā€™re releasing full modding tools early-ish this year, which will allow custom maps. :slight_smile:

@azaroth75 Genevieve is fortunate enough to have been granted a special status in the Empire for having saved Karl Franzā€™s life - sheā€™s the only ā€œacceptedā€ Vampire in the Empire. However, the Witch Hunters STILL want to kill her. Her status wouldnā€™t mean anything to Bardin or Kerillian, either, as both of their people loathe the undead.

I can see the only thing that would keep her from getting attacked might be Lohner. Itā€™s heavily implied heā€™s got a lot of other people working for him - I mean, he even gets shipments of supplies sometimes. So itā€™s conceivable that G is already working with him, and he carefully could introduce her (or the same for nearly any other character).

2 Likes

thought one thing, typed another, I meant Engines of War, mb

1 Like

The only reason I think a new character is coming, is because of the stream before xmas, think it was early December. I asked two of the Devs on stream and one of them would be the guy working on it. The first guy said something along the lines of, I wouldnā€™t tell you if I was. The second guy who was playing or reading chat and distracted said, but you are working on a new character. But then again, who knows, they might of just been messing with us. Would still be great.

And @azaroth75 as Bizzare said, she has a special permit that allows her to live and reside in the empire. She even works for the empire. Also, as hasnā€™t it been said in game by a few characters, ā€œstrange times make for strange alliancesā€. Which is actually a quote of hers, ā€œI am no fonder of her than she is of me, but strange times make for stranger alliances.ā€.

2 Likes

I agree, I think the odds of a new character coming are higher than ever. The game has sold wildly beyond their expectations. Releasing the mod tools will mean a stream of new content from modders - things like new weapons, enemies, and maps are all within the range of possibility. Characters, technically, too, but thereā€™s something that no modder can ever create; voice interactions with the other characters. They might even be able to voice their character, but they canā€™t get the original VAs of the UB5.

I think that a new character will be a potent DLC tool for the devs, for a lot of reasons.

-New Characters get people who stopped playing excited, as they want to try something new, and bring a lot of attention that can bring in people who havenā€™t tried the game yet.

-New Characters allow the players to explore new fantasies. We all very often play a character or career because we are drawn to the class fantasy, yes? Bardin fans love Dwarves and their lore. You can be a fire wizard or a Witch Hunter, or the Archer or the fanatic . . . Many of these have an appeal beyond WH (though others are very specific to WH) and appeal to anyone who broadly likes high fantasy.

-New Characters can tap into other hugely popular factions of Warhammer, potentially drawing in new WH fans and bringing old ones back as they get to play directly as a character from their favored faction.

-New Characters allow all-new ways to experience existing content. New characters might have unique interactions with existing careers, enemies, or maps, along with having their own set of weapons, passives, and talents.

-The depth of voice interactions in the game deserves its own mention; while this is (of course) also a huge amount of work, people who have played a thousand+ hours still often report hearing new voice lines. I know I still hear new ones surprisingly often! Adding in more interactions from a new character only strengthens this further.

Just my two cents; I just think thereā€™s a lot to gain for players and for the devs from pursuing this. Obviously, there are limits, and Iā€™d never want to see it go the Payday 2 path and have 20+ new characters. Not only would that be silly and ruin the great dynamics, but itā€™d force the devs to spend inordinately more amounts of time on interactions or else making them ā€œgenericā€, which would really suck. Personally, I would think that 2-3 new official characters would be the absolute limit of what can or should be added while keeping the same level of quality. This would also mean that every game would still have at least one of the original UB5, too, which I think is thematically right.

Now, of course, they may not add a new character. Itā€™s probably likely that this will be the case. I just think there are good reasons to consider it.

4 Likes

Saltzphyre would burn her on the stake the second he gets to meet her.

3 Likes

haha that was my first thought tooā€¦ but maybe not? I mean, he does manage to work with Sienna, someone he was previously transporting to be executed or tortured or whatever the witch hunters do with witchesā€¦ so he might play nice with a vampire too.

Sienna was just the gateway heresy to even more heresy!

1 Like

I dont know what kind of crime Sienna is charged for, but definetly not just because she is a Wizard.
The Empire of Man use Battle Wizards since Teclis showed them how to use it properly.

Not every Witch Hunter is against the use of magic. There are those who even believe itā€™s the only weapon which can stop Chaos for good.

The Undead on the other hand are to be purged as soon as possible by the Witch Hunters.
Except apparently one vampire lady. But I donā€™t really think Saltzphyre will make an exception on her.
Donā€™t forget Saltzphyre has some history with a specific vampire who probably cost him his eye.

Iā€™ll use the chance: I WANT MORE GOD DAMN LORE ON OUR HEROES PRETTY PLEASE.

2 Likes