Kruber's Mace and Sword needs an Attack Speed Buff

Totally picturing Slayer atop a pile of dual axes wearing a monocle and top hat, grumbling to himself.

Because of the AP? In terms of cleave and Swift Slaying shenanigans at least I’d say dual axes and dual daggers feel quite similar, only the dual axes are more effective at quickly demolishing Stormvermin.

Dual axes are definitely better against armour than M&S though, M&S is more of a generalist weapon with added CC and cleave but less damage per hit. I’d argue M&S is in a good, unique place.

A&F’s main problem as everyone has agreed is that it’s overtuned.

6 Likes

The elven dual weapons came from VT1 and they are nothing new. The dual axes were a unique new weapon for slayer. The three weapons that I mentioned are copies of the dual axes with minor variations.

Well yes and they should. M+S still performs decently and still outperform 2h Sword, 1h sword and shield wepaons when it comes to armor dmg.

I honestly don’t see how are dual hammers and mace and sword a copy of dual axes. They do completely different things. I could see the argument for Axe and Falchion, but not the others.

2 Likes

Aye, if anything M&S reminds me more of S&D than Slayer’s axes.

Dual hammers are unique, it turns Bardin into a bowling ball and unarmoured enemies into bowling pins, Slayer is like the thrash metal drummer version, but as they are now axes are still better on him against mixed hordes and vs patrols. And dual axe can handle hordes better than RV/IB and Saltz’s 1h axes.

3 Likes

All those weapons have similar swings with difference in speed, damage and stagger distribution. They are all reasonably fast and versatile and can be played in almost the same way without too much risk or skill - knowing the differences can increase the efficiency, but it’s not at all important.

Well, no. A&F has two horizontal swings, dual axes do not. Also dual axes have nowhere near as much stagger as M&S and dual hammers. These two also have vastly different push-attack.

No, you can’t spam M&S and dual hammers light attacks with AP damage to bring down armored elites.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.