Kruber's Mace and Sword needs an Attack Speed Buff

Would definitely prefer a different attack pattern. Mace and sword feel like dual swords with an awkward heavy attack. Does chip damage to armor and bosses at best and not very exciting to play with. Also wasn’t this weapon the one that got a nerf really quickly after BtU’s release?

1 Like

Another thing to consider would be talents and passives, but I have no clue if and how much Fatshark looks at them for balancing. Especially for this weapon since it’s available for all 3 careers.

I actually quite like the heavy attacks of this weapon.

I’m tellin’ y’all , Speed Buff that’s all it needs .

1 Like

They could give it more stagger and cleave, in order to make it more efficient vs hordes than A&F but less strong vs single enemies/elites/armors.

And the heavy attack needs a buff toward armors.

1 Like

Sorry but this is just nonse to me. Personally I think Sword and Mace is one of Krubers best weapons, outshining both one hand variants by a longshot. And to everybody argueing that balance is only achieved once every weapon is OP af is just weird. Yeah dual hammers and Sword and Falchion are OP sure but the problem isn’t solved if we add one more OP DLC weapon to that mix.

Especially for Kruber where it currently makes allmost no sense (except for personal preference) to pick the one handed versions of sword/mace or even the dreadful shield versions instead of sword + Mace. Buffing that weapon even further, makes all the other weapons even more obsolete. THIS is not balancing it’s complaining that everyone elses toys are so much better. I prefer an arsenal of similarly power level for each character, giving me more options rather than pushing one weapon to it’s extreme just because other classes have OP Weapons.

If you want Balance either nerf OP weapons or buff crap ones. Buffing weapons that work fine will just push them to be OP again, furhter reducing other options.

3 Likes

I don’t think that Mace and Sword obscure something. For example Falchion and Axe overshadow Axe because their high damage vs armors (and they are still a CC weapon). While M&S damage vs armors is ridicolous: Mace, one of the less used Krub’s weapons, destroys M&S under this aspect (and it still has more stamina, more agility).

Anyway… we can talk about wanting the op toys for our prefered career… but we also can talk about that careers blessed by Sigmar (since d1).

Honestly? As Kruber main, I have always felt as the forgotten one (apart when, thanks to bugged patch, Huntsman killed bosses with 4 arrows :stuck_out_tongue:)

Yeah that’s what they did. It was urgently needed as A&F had no reason to also have extra mobility over the 1h falchion and 1h axe, that is at least one area it should be weaker than them in.

And imo the problem with A&F is that it fills the old niche that normal falchion used to, before they rendered it useless against CWs except on heavies…

…after which they, weirdly, decided to add A&F which could do exactly that and still handle hordes with its decent cleave. The only thing it lacks vs falchion is falchion’s linesman attribute. Falchion has better control vs unarmoured enemies.

Un-nerfing the falchion a little (not fully) would go a way toward making it a viable alternative again. Dunno how to handle the axe as I play with literally anything else over 1h axe on Saltzpyre.

Anyway, to the OP, I think an attack speed buff to M&S would be good, it’s a good weapon all-round but the heavies come out a bit slowly for my liking.

Don’t forget AK47 Kruber :joy:

2 Likes

+1 for giving Falchion a tiny buff.

1h axe I think doesn’t need that much tuning. Before A+F it was the best single target weapon with a 10% passive crit chance on all attacks. The only thing really underwhelming was the heavy attack, which was basically just a slower normal attack. If it were to be buffed the only thing it would really need is just “better” dodge/stam than A+F because there is no logic for it to not.

Sorry for being off topic, I really have no strong opinions about M+S beyond it just being “ok” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nope, A&F actually has heavy linesmen attribute with 20% crit chance. The block push attack on A&F is insane. 20% crit heavy linesmen that transitions into 3 horizontal cleaves for massive horde clear. Now remember with Zealot you can get 50% more power VS chaos with weapon stats and stacks, 60% more against chaos armour. Combine that with some of the highest damage in the game and you are 1 shotting every single mob up to maulers. Don’t forgot the massive crit power increase as well from stacks with that talent. GG

2 Likes

I forgot about that, I use it to proc SS too :sweat_smile:. Isn’t heavy linesman only on the blockpush attack though? That’d be an easy nerf to do - I don’t know why it got heavy linesman and 20% crit in the first place. Especially the 20% crit.

And the thing with Zealot is any melee weapon looks insane on him, kinda like Sienna and Unchained.

1 Like

Mace + Sword is balanced - imo it’s one of Kruber’s top 3 weapons (after Halberd and Xsword).

It’s the things you are comparing it to that need re-balanced - in the nerf sense.

2 Likes

While I dont have too much experience with 1h Mace, I would still argue that Sword+Mace has good enough damage against armor. For me it’s normally 3 well placed hits against a CW and also with the push things like Shieldvermin are not too much of an issue. Again I find the comparison to one of the most broken wepaons misleading of how wepons should perform.

I also main Kruber and I think he is one of the best classes still. He is not flashy sure but that is kind of the point and overall it’s IMO the best balanced class currently (which again means he’s kind of lacking in the flashy department)

3 Likes

I agree, Kruber is the gold-standard for balancing. I believe his Mace-&-Sword is a very well balanced and capable weapon without needing any tweaks or changes; anything operating strictly above it likely needs a nerf and anything operating strictly below likely needs a buff, IMHO.

4 Likes

Uhm I think that Halberd, Exe Sword, 2h Hammer and Mace are all better weapons vs armors.

Then I don’t want start an endless discussion, that would be also off topic, but honestly I don’t think Kruber’s balance is so good.

Zealot and Unchained have more dps than Merch and more toughness than Footknight (they are the golden tier careers). But also IB is a better FK as WH is a better Merch.

And with WoM, also Huntsman will be heavily nerfed (in fact he is based on breakpoints, and he will lose them all).

1 Like

I simply refuse to use M&S, A&F and dual hammers. Not only do I find them ridiculously overpowered, but they feel/look like cheap copies of what was supposed to be a unique weapon, dual axes.

Imho M&S must not be into same 2Hammer and A&F tier.

I just find the weapon boring to use. Its not really bad either it works really well as a all rounder especially if you need that bit of extra mobility. However that’s about it, i’d pick pretty much every other kruber weapon over this thing if i want to just have pure “fun” out of my weapons. Some small attack speed buff won’t really make me think twice either. Especially after the WoM talent tree goes live i really don’t see myself ever using it.

What about dual daggers or sword and dagger? :smiley:
Slayer doesn’t have monopoly on dual wielding.

2 Likes

Elgi’s don’t count. >:[

3 Likes

While I thought of that too, it’s true that A&F and M&S are closer to the axes on their behavior and feel than the elf’s dual weapons.

What I’m not quite convinced of is that the Dual Axes was ever meant to be unique in any way, really.