KNOWN ISSUE: Input Lag, Actions Not Registering Correctly

My windows updated and now I am getting strange stuttering while playing. My character kind of glides randomly and actions and attacks are often not registering. Has any one else had this problem and fixed it??

I have tried all the usual things, drivers, verifying etc. I don’t get any issues in the psykanium, indicating it is some kind of server connection issue, which is odd as I have had zero issues thus far even during the Beta.

Also no one else had this lag in my games indicating it is specifically on my side. I’ve had issues with the anticheat software before on VT2, but the way I fixed those issues (by allowing through firewall) do not appear to be working.

Do let me know if you need any more information.

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Steam ID: techking1993]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[26/03/2023 i.e. from today]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2023-02-26-17.23.38-05281238-ff41-46fe-b169-f53d42742cb4.log (102.5 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here
    darktide_launcher.log (400.2 KB)

I too have my character gliding sometimes, it doesn’t happen every day but I had it a few times so far.

Hey, did you find any way to solve it? Had it every game today, makes it unplayable.

Managed to play through a game with the random input lag, stuttering and odd gliding, but it lead to me being a liability for the team. Here is the report for that session.
console-2023-02-26-22.43.38-29f4755c-3bf3-4d95-8d19-0ae1f11caa94.log (148.2 KB)

Ah thanks for merging, I missed this post somehow. Reviewing the above videos their issues match mine.

The key points I think are that it does not happen in the psykanium and does not affect other players or enemies during gameplay, i.e. it is only me who is gliding strangely or getting misfiring weapons. I suspect it is something to do with the way the game interacts with antivirus software, as it has only started with me since the release of a small windows update that appears to mainly involve security info. When I get home I will test turning of all antivirus and see if that changes something. I have my doubts as I am already allowing Darktide through, as well as Easy anti-cheat.

Two questions that you could help with (Fatshark support), has there been any indication easy anticheat does not work well with anti virus software? Have you found any reason on our side why specific players are getting choppy connections to the server?

I have done some more testing. Reverting the Windows update did not change anything, perhaps it was just coincidence. I have also captured a video of what this weird lag looks like in the Mourningstar. Please note I was running straight for most of this. It’s much worse ingame.

1 Like

Ok so I did a bit more playtesting, and in one mission I died and spent a good 15 minutes spectating another player and there was none of the stuttering, mild lag or anything. But after I was revived it was right back to the occasional stuttering and failed inputs.

I have tried everything I can think of and am honestly at my wits end. The strangest part of this whole thing is my game was absolutely fine three days ago.

Is it possible to get an IP address for your servers to test for packet loss?

Any advice in general would be helpful, especially if you think it is an issue on your side, otherwise I need to go through a bunch of checks and contact my provider which is a hassle.

Played a damnation match with 3 mates today, as a psyker. It’s unplayable, input drops non stop causing me to drop staff charges which in turn causes me to eat hits and die…

Can’t say I experience any of the gliding or stuttering tho, just charged attacks that get dropped all the time on higher difficulties

1 Like

Can confirm the issue persists today after latest patch. Turning off antivirus and power cycling router did not change anything.

This issue has been around for a while, could we please get some communication. You surely have some idea as to possible causes?

I’m having the exact same issue since maybe 2/3 weeks, it’s making the game really hard to enjoy.

1 Like

Any update on this @FatsharkJulia

Sorry no, not yet, I’m chasing it up.

1 Like

Here we are almost 4 months later and this still hasn’t been fixed.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Ok so after a bunch of testing I may have fixed the issue, or rather the issue has been fixed by the latest Realtek driver for my LAN device ( RTL8192EE). If you are using a Realtek device check for the latest drivers on their website.

Checking only one other online game to see if it is on your side is a bad idea, the issue seemed to only affect a limited number of online games (for me Darktide and TF2).

Will let y’all know if issue returns.

2 Likes

Correct me if i’m wrong but windows automatically updates that kind of drivers so i doubt it’s related

I’ve tried it, unfortunately it hasn’t change anything for me. The problems still pop up most of my games.

I have some weird connection issues. I seem to roll back/rubber band (idk what to call it) quite a bit, and the longer I play the more often it occurs.

Examples:

I see a bulwark and switch to melee from my ranged weapon. I dodge his attack and dodge behind him to hit them in the back. Then all of a sudden the game teleports me back to where I was a couple of moments ago with my ranged weapon out

While playing as psyker I charge up my staff while waiting for a horde to come. i release my charge and the whole animation plays and I kill some of it. Then suddenly the guys that I have killed are back up and are trying to hit me while I’m still holding up the charged attack that I’ve just released.

I don’t experience the same issue in psykarium or any other online game. Is this a known issue?

EDIT : IDK if this is the right topic to discuss this issue or should I create a separate thread

1 Like

I think I found a clue from where this bug is comming from. It’s the ‘Lens Flare/quality’ that is doing that. Playing with all Lens disabled, the intencity lowered significantly, but the bug still there.