KNOWN ISSUE: Input Lag, Actions Not Registering Correctly

There seems to be some sort of major input lag in high density situations.
if many enemies on screen my charged shots as psyker wont go off and i cant switch weapons.

1. play any mission, high density situation
  2. try to shoot/attack/switch weapons
  3. the animation starts but gets interrupted. only clicking the button 5-10 times works then.
    Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

2 Likes

Experienced the same today, Heresy, High-Intensity. Whole lobby had issues.

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
when I switch weapons I have to press the button 4 times or it does the animation but then goes back to the first weapon I had out

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Every map and every game this happens

**Mission Name (If Applic
Every mission

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Psylentdesign420]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
All times

Reproduction Rate:
Every time I play and it is very frustrating in combat

Upload Supporting Evidence:
I dont have any video evidence

Upload Console Log:
It seems more of an in game bug then a technical issue I guess

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
no need to

I experienced similar issues which seem to be lag related, posted 2 weeks ago under the performance feedback category:

Issue Description:
I often run the game on slow internet connexion and I am experiencing the following, on average once or twice per run:

input not registering (weapon change, quick swap, use grenades)
input not registering (charged surge staff release, attacks not happening)
character stuck on a stuttering movement loop for a couple seconds (4-8 sec) while ennemies are moving and attacking normally
character stuck in a stuttering firing / reloading loop with the ranged weapon / weapon change, not hitting ennemies (2-3 seconds) while ennemies are moving and attacking normally
Also :
teleporting a few meters back at a previous spot on the map (happened only once)
being disconnected from server (rare)

I dont think these are related to a specific map or a specific spot. All classes are equally affected.

VT2 did not have the same issues. What would happen on slow internet was :

delay between seeing enemy position / attack animation and registering hits
being disconnected from host

These were challenging ; aggressive play was difficult on most classes, but playing on legend/cata difficulty was not impossible.

However, current Darktide input issues are… way worse. As a result, the game is not as enjoyable on low/medium difficulties (2-3), and borderline unplayable on higher difficulties (4-5).

Fix:
I switched to 4G mobile data hotspot to compare. Input lag is less severe, but all the points raised are still an issue on a frequent basis (75% of all runs).

Thanks for your support, and Happy new year.

Not sure if this is an “input lag” related issue but I’ve been seeing things like this a lot with the chargeable weapons; a ‘ghost shot’ of sorts that requires me to fire again.

:

1 Like

Ahh that probably is why sometimes when i use my Helborne I get rect by “not being able to shoot” in secondary mode even if I got ammo & a second ago I was charging shoot after shoot with no issue… when a t some points it charges bayonet attack instead :stuck_out_tongue: My special action is on button 3 & it’s so hard to click it that I remember to use it only when I have the flashlight…It’s almost imposible to click it when I dont want it to be clicked on my mouse & I am sure that it wasn’t I miss clicking it.

1 Like

I have this “bug”/“input lag” issue, too! Really strange.

1 Like

UPDATE: I happened to be moving and got a new ISP. Where I was getting pretty steady 150 mbps and 60 ping I am now getting over 300 down and 9 ping. The issue has disappeared completely. Now I am experiencing some FPS drop where before I would have great fps all the time but I would have to press an action 3-4 times for it to work. Very weird that the problem is fixed but a new problem steps up where it wasnt there before.

1 Like

It’s strange that i never noticed this in the beta but the past week it’s gotten considerably worse, can’t weapon swap at times or sprint.
It seems to happen mostly on higher difficulties when a horde is incoming & you have many units on screen at once

Edit:
Just been put in 2 games in a row with players from the US and then a group of players from Australia.
Could this be why we’re getting bad latency issues? I would of thought this wouldn’t be an issue with dedicated servers.

1 Like

After the last major update, I’m having lag imput only with my keyboard, it wasn’t like this from the BETA and during the the official lauch. i’ve tried everything to fix this:

1. Verify integrity of game files;
  2. Enable and disable Nvidia Reflex Low Latency;
  3. Update drivers;
  4. reinstalling the game;

and after all that it still happens. Darktide is the only game that I’m experiencing this.

This bug happens randomly, it doesn’t matter of the mission and/or the global condition. I’ve noticed it doesn’t happens in the Mourningstar, only in missions.

Please help to fix this, it’s already insurpotable.

(Platform):
[Steam/PC]

(Player ID):
[Steam ID: 76561198108981322]

(Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone):
[01/01/2023, 19:30] [GMT-3]

(Reproduction Rate):
Constant (100%)

(Evidence):

(Console Log):
console-2023-01-01-21.50.55-3e054d7f-bcb8-4c1f-80e5-ec8f838672a1.log (356.7 KB)

(darktide_launcher.log):
darktide_launcher.log (221.4 KB)

Thank you for your report! Do you get this issue in the Meat Grinder (Psykhanium)?

1 Like

I’ll make a test as soon as possible!

Negative, it doesn’t happen in the Meat Grinder (Psykhanium), only in multiplayer missions.

1 Like

Here’s a weird one I was able to capture.

Issue Description:
I use the Ult at frame 106, animation plays and I get the burst of speed. At frame 116 the Ult is fully charged again and the speed boost stops, as if it never happened. I then use the Ult again at frame 247 successfully.

Attempted Solutions:
None

Platform:
Steam

PC Specifications:
Ryzen 5600X
RTX 4080
32 GB DDR4 3600
2 NVME drives one for OS and 1 for games.
Windows 10, fresh install from a few weeks ago.

EDIT: fixed the GPU.

3 Likes

Issue Description:
Keyboard/mouse input client side are ignored or overwritten by server:

Happened today, noticeably worse than before

• weapon change ignored
  • grenade selection ignored
  • tag ennemies ignored
  • unable to enter correct symbol on hacking puzzle
  • unable to res fallen friend in combat
  • switch from melee to distance reverting back to melee automatically
  • stuttering to a previous spot on the map
  • shooting with ranged weapon ignored
  • dodge ignored, or game putting me in previous spot in front of mutant/trapper

Some of these may be lag related, but not all.
Furthermore, I want to highlight how terrible they feel in game compared to VT2.

Platform:
Steam

3 Likes

On heresy as soon as a horde came, nobody could switch weapons. Fix your servers ffs. Like, nothing in this game works as intended or is broken.

Edit:

Every game in damnation or heresy is laggy, the input lag just sucks. Are you using wallmart servers or something?

Issue Description:
Input lag and rubberbanding worsening. Pressing inputs to change weapons, attack, or use abilities often results in the animation playing but no effect. Some examples:

• I am wielding my ranged weapon and press ‘1’ to switch to my melee. The animation of my melee weapon being drawn plays, but is interrupted and my staff remains equipped. This happens with all weapons and classes.

• I activate my class ability. The screen effects, audio, and animation triggers, but nothing happens. The ability is not put on cooldown and remains available to use. I’ve not noticed this until today, during which I’ve only played Psyker, but I suspect it happens on all classes.

• I click to fire a charged force staff attack (any staff). The animation plays, but no projectile or blast is fired. Charge and peril are unaffected and remain at the level they were in the moment before pressing the input.

• When compounded with movement, this issue often causes rapid, stuttering steps in a seemingly random direction, accompanied by the input animation and related auto rapidly repeating/stuttering as well. This usually lasts two or three seconds.

I’ve encountered this issue since I started playing the beta shortly before release, but it has worsened lately. Initially, it was once every few missions. Now it’s upward of a dozen occurrences per mission. Generally repeated attempts at the inputs continue to fail for the 2-3 second duration of the “episode”.

Additionally, general lag and rubberbanding has become more prevalent as well: enemies and allies freezing in place and snapping around, ranged shots not connecting, etc. A common problem is swinging my melee weapon at an enemy as they’re attacking. My weapon makes contact significantly before they do, but this doesn’t register on time, resulting in me being hit before the game registers their death or stagger.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Upload Console Log:

console-2023-01-27-04.48.47-8a9398c6-d855-4d04-94ef-f26f38fc9bf1.log (1.1 MB)

darktide_launcher.log (38.1 KB)

2 Likes

Issue Description:
As of the new Jan 25 Patch, I am now experiencing weapon swap issues. As many, many people above have described, the swap animation begins, says NOPE and cancels. Have to slam the weapon swap repeatedly until it works. This is a big problem when enemies are closing in and you can’t pull out your melee weapon for some reason.

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[Steam Profile URL] Steam Community :: Silverace99

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2023-01-28-01.12.47-61d0868d-9bd4-4016-bbec-9ab20f9a4e11.log (181.2 KB)

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

darktide_launcher.log (1006.5 KB)

1 Like

Any idea if this issue is being fixed?

The bug wasn’t fixed in the Patch #4 “Blessings of the Omnissiah”.