So I’ve made a thread about this in the Bug reports forum but I haven’t really gotten anything back from that, and because this is such an annoying problem that makes the game genuinely unplayable I figured I’d try here instead and see if any one else has this issue or perhaps even a solution.
So the issue is that when I am playing the game, a lot of the times when I’m attempting to perform an action, whether it swapping my weapon, reloading, using alt fire to activate weapons such as chainswords or thunderhammers, push attack, pulling out my grenade, activating my ability, really anything but moving, the game will perform that action and play both sounds and animation for a split second and then cancel it, sometimes multiple times in a row. This is entirely sporadic, but occurs in every match I play, but doesn’t occur in the psykhanium or prologue which to me tells me it’s a server issue of some kind.
I’m using wifi and have a download speed of roughly 150 to 200 mbps, and don’t seem to have any packet loss. My connection to the servers appear to be fine, I don’t get any lag issues other than these input glitches.
I’m just posting this here as well just to see if any one else has had this issue or knows a fix for it, because it’s becoming quite unbearable to play especially since it’s so random, some matches it will only happen a few times where as others it happens constantly, but it always happens every match.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Play a match
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]
Upload Supporting Evidence:
00:06, try to activate the Thunder Hammer, it cancels
00:10, try crouching, it cancels
00:24, try swapping weapons, it cancels
00:40, try swapping weapons, it cancels
01:10, try sprinting, it cancels
01:19, try activating thunder hammer, it cancels
01:40, try sprinting, it cancels
01:49, gun continues fire animation after done firing
01:54, try swapping weapons, it cancels
Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-25-05.19.23-aaf4cae7-c1b6-4466-818f-615d5941a454.log (19.6 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (105.8 KB)
user_settings.config (3.3 KB)
Here’s my config file as well.