KNOWN ISSUE: Input Lag, Actions Not Registering Correctly

Are you guys going to fix the bug yes or no? it’s been 4 months since it was reported…

1 Like

It has consistently gotten worse for me. ANY news on a fix? @FatsharkJulia

2 Likes

I understand you’ve been waiting a long time for answers and I apologise I still don’t have them, but I will see what I can do next week.

I’d like to apologise again but reassure you that we are still very much looking in to what is proving to be a complicated issue to solve.

Telemetry is being added to retrieve more information on missed inputs and we hope that with this additional data we can put a stop to it.

3 Likes

THIS IS STILL RIDICULOUSLY PRESENT!

I get voice trashed by other players because the system cant respond to my inputs. This is a twitch reaction type game, yet it can’t take inputs even after multiple presses. This wasn’t a problem in VT2, maybe do it like that?

VT2 won’t load and Fatshark gave up trying to fix that game for me. - out $100
Darktide continues to be garbage input lag and garbage connectivity. out another $40?

Can I get a double refund?

Sincerely,
Cranky_Paladin

1 Like

it’s not just that inputs are ignored, they are being blocked by animations and damage, i reached 100% as psyker, tried switching to sword , get hit, try to swing sword, only for a blast from a staff i swapped away from only to appear again. This put me over 100% causing me to burst.

I only wished i was recording it.

1 Like

Happens all the time for me too. Its like it has little spurts and then I have no idea which weapon is going to pop out.

2 Likes

Every day I play, many inputs are dropped, causing losses. Said losses are very frustrating, since they are not from lack of skill. Pressing “Q” to switch weapon shouldn’t take 5+ presses during a fight. FIX THIS PLEASE. HOW DO YOU EXPECT PLAYERS TO STAY, LET ALONE PAY?

2 Likes

Does anybody know a trick to dodge this? like pressing a buttom or something?

Another month goes and this bug wasn’t fixed in Bugtide… If i knew this game would be so bugged, badly optmized and with incopetent developers I would never buy it.

I’m not going to play and make Bugtide content for YouTube until you people fix the game… Lamentable.

My melee attacks and dodges always go through perfectly but range is insanely difficult to sustainably use. Thankful that i’m a zealot so its not the worst it could be but this massive issue is literally my only gripe with Darktide

1 Like

the game is coming up to its anniversary date almost 1 year
and still we are rubberbanding and missing inputs + occasionally disconnects mid game

god emperor forbid even losing whole runs because the game decides to just and it
5m infront of the exit elevator. the salt mountains just keep on rising.

Can we at least get some info on whats up with your cheap servers ?
on plans to maybe change providers or anything substantial ?
investigating the problem for straight 6-8 month with no real change…

ah surely the incoming players from xbox are just gonna balance it out
like the fake server problem banner in the hub.

fatshark this not going to fix itself this is pure heresy you got to act.
meanwhile with the new skilltrees on the stick to distract us so we just should forget…

best believe I wont forget
this is just sad to see my favorite games being kicked down the gutter because
of your own ability to acknowledge problems but not really wanting to fix them.

2 Likes

Any news/plans/headway being made on this topic… like… at all?

Is there even a “team” working on this problem?

Does Fatshark need help from an outside source or… possibly start fresh?

Is there even a team working on this problem?

Is this problem just a ghost-in-the-machine type of thing?

Was this issue written on a sticky note on an employees monitor next to the “pick up milk” grocery list that may have fallen off and landed behind their desk?

Something tells me adding more to the game will only get you further from fixing this issue.

Maps, cosmetics, game modes, new talents, and reworked crafting mean less than zero to people like me who are suffering from this issue.

Effort towards a goal doesn’t mean ANYTHING unless there is actual proof of some ground being made. Let us see or hear of some real proof you are working on this issue.

I vow to dump 1000 USD into aquilas if you just fix this issue but until then; wallet stays closed.

If you do reply with an update on this issue, please; give more of an answer then “we are aware/working on it.”

Honestly, if you reply with some ACTUAL information and your teams deadline about a fix for this topic I will bump that vow up to 1500 USD. Just think of it as a bonus for putting hard work where it should go…

I also hope that employee got their milk at the very least…

At this point there is no excuse for this kind of issue persisting nearly a full year into the game’s release.
This is either incompetence or laziness. Either way, you’re not getting a dime out of me until you fix this inexcusable dumpster fire.

• weapon switching is still buggy, especially on psyker from brain burst hands back to melee
  • special activation is laggy/buggy, especially on Hammers
  • special usage is laggy/buggy, especially in Hammer
  • special activation is laggy/buggy on force swords

I started noticing input lag with the cross-platform update. The odd thing is that it seems to be getting worse. It’s mostly noticeable with picking up items, switching weapons, “firing” charged staff weapons, and throw grenades. It feels like a server tic rate issue of some sort. Has there been any progress on this issue?

1 Like

@FatsharkJulia I think I might have found the source of why the keyboard lag input is happening; it was my old HDD. I recently switched to a SSD M.2 and installed Darktide on it, since then the bug has stopped happening!

interesting, as i had it on my hdd before and moved it to my ssd to see if it would change anything, as i have multiple quite mayor bugs ive been having and finding basically 0 solution for except, where working on it, or we just dont know, yet for me it didnt fix anything, apart from giving me more headroom on storage speed.

Issue Description:
Recently, whenever I play a game, it will slowly start to progressively rubber band, I will shoot my weapon, the animation will play, but nothing happens. My ammo count will not go down and the enemies are not effected. Sometimes I will have to do an action two or three times for it to take. I will try and dodge or push an enemy and it wont work. It will start slow in a mission, and progressively get worse, to the point it is unplayable. It only happens in missions, not on the ship or in the psykhanium. It happens with mods installed and without. One thing I did to fix it was to reinstall the game, but that only lasted about 3 missions before it started again. I can’t play the game in this state, which is frustrating, as since the new update I have really been loving this game.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
N/A

Steps to Reproduce:
Happens every time.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Any.

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store/Xbox]
Microsoft Store

Player ID:
Zeeino

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Multiple times.

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Paste Crash Report, or Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

1 Like

I’ve been getting the same issue as you. The game will run decently well some times, but then often the rubberbanding will increase and the game essentially becomes unplayable as nothing is where it looks to be, and none of my actions are useful to the rest of the team. Verified game files on steam, nothing out of the ordinary, currently doing a GPU driver update to see if that has any role in it. Fingers crossed.

Hope they find a solution to this quickly. Started to occur only after the second or third patch after the class update patch. (mini patch is when I started to notice this issue).
EDIT After going through the patch updates/dates, I believe that these issues started to occur after Hotfix 1.2.3 on Wednesday Nov. 1st.