KNOWN ISSUE: failed_handshake_timeout / Error Code: 4008

I was just looking into this thinking that they might be related.(even though FatShark hasn’t confirmed they’re related). Trying it now as I type this.

No dice. Didn’t work. Let me join in on the Morningstar but getting 4008 trying to join match and reconnect.

1 Like

More 4008 errors.
Errors 4008 ALL THE TIME. Revert what you did to the game with 1.0.14.

Here are more logs for you to enjoy :
console-2022-12-12-08.15.32-3ce460e8-0937-4a74-920f-b27c87d76c77.log (1.9 MB)

Hello.

So, to spare me from CTDs I guess the solution was to lock me out of the game entirely. The past few days I haven’t been able to log in at all. This is utter… now I LITTERALLY CANT EVEN PLAY THE GAME. IT DOESN’T WORK. WHAT IS THIS TRAINWRECK OF A LAUNCH?!

1. Pressed login from the game character screen.
  2. Waited, this comes up.
  3. Thrown back to character screen.
  4. Rage.
  5. Post on forum.
    Platform: PC

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:

The game won’t connect to the hub (Mourning star) once I’ve sold an item when inside the Meat Grinder. The other operative loads just fine.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Error code 4008. Sometimes the other code starting with 2, but I didn’t write it down.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

I don’t wish to risk with my second operative because it seems I’ve lost one for good. So I’m not trying to reproduce the bug. Looks like the game fails to synchronise my inventory after I’ve sold some stuff in the Meat Grinder.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Meat Grinder

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

kusokbik
operative’s name Biggus, ogryn

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

11.12.22 11:00 UTC+3

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

I wouldn’t know, but it feels constant

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

console-2022-12-11-07.55.48-ead0d892-4dfc-4aab-9e10-d142aa349714.log (21.6 KB)
Upload darktide_launcher.log:

Update: managed to log in.

Issue still not fix. 1 month still can’t play

I’ve bought the game a few days ago as of writing this message and I’ve been able to play the game alright before the patch but now when I go to select my character from the character selection menu, it’ll go to the loading screen and then this message pops up: Failed Server Connect: Error Code 4008. My friend from the US was able to play but he had a long load time whereas I hadn’t been able to play today because of this error code. I don’t know if the player traffic is one of the factors or it could be something wrong with EU servers or something.

It’s everywhere.
South East Asia 30-40% of connecting to the game gets 4008 errors at least, gotta retry.

anyone in egypt also cant connect to the game. 1 month and all they are doing is fixing the UI and balancing while some people cant even play at all!

Jesus… that’s not good, not good at all

1 month of not being able to play the game?! I hope it’ll get resolved ASAP

It’s bothersome but not the end of the world.
Game is running fine beyond that for me.

True.

me

New patch, fresh failed handshake logs!

console-2022-12-16-15.54.08-750b3c2b-1b98-4d07-b0e6-b3ff360cb4e8.log (536.7 KB)

Now when I try to connect, I hear sounds like when I actually connect, but then 4008 and main menu.

• Players receive error codes 4008 and 2007. We are still investigating what causes players to meet a 4008 during gameplay, but we’ve begun to deploy some fixes to help players avoid meeting error code 2007 in previous patches. i copy that form last patch i this they work on it

Crash Report (If Applicable):
N/A

Steps to Reproduce:
1: Get past login screen to lobby and pick a mission as any character.
2: Get error code 4008 when trying to join the mission.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
SteamID: Melissia

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/17/2022, 07:00AM] [CST]

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-17-13.08.17-c0b657ac-822f-4245-9872-22d4e78b392b.log (121.3 KB)

If it helps, the console log I just posted is related to 4008.

Additional information: I’m on ATT Fiber, and running Windows 11.

i see. i play the game on Steam (idk how to show the console log, i’m Autistic so it’s all confusing and i get anxious a lot) But for me, i am able to get to character selection but then when i select any of my 2 character, during the loading into the Mourningstar, i get the error code and back to the main menu. i can play the initial tutorial but the second i go to speak with the Inquisitor i don’t see the cutscene as the game boots me back to the menu.