KNOWN ISSUE: All Missions on difficulty 4 and 5 showing 'Endless Horde' modifier

We’re aware of a bug where even missions that don’t show the condition in the mission select screen end up showing that they have the ‘Endless Horde’ modifier in the tactical screen while in the mission, for difficulty 4 and 5.

Devs have confirmed that this is a UI bug and the condition being applied or not actually depends on what the mission select screen said. Devs are looking into it.

All threads about this issue will be merged into this one.

UPDATE: Issue has been fixed for a while now, whoops! Forgot to update this thread. Please keep us posted if you notice the UI issue again.

1 Like

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Upon launching a mission of any difficulty Levels 1-5 (Sedition through Damnation) there seems to be a random chance of the “Endless Horde” modifier being applied. The expected outcome of selecting a mission without the “Endless Horde” modifier should be that a mission without the Endless Horde modifier is launched. However, upon the mission starting and being playable, should the player hit the “Tab” key they will notice that seemingly at random the “Endless Horde” modifier has been applied to the mission despite the fact that the mission was not listed with that modifier.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Select any mission without the “Endless Horde” modifier.
  2. Launch the selected mission.
  3. Upon the mission starting, hold “Tab” and observe the “Endless Horde” modifier has been applied.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Borkzer

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11-24-2022, 4:50PM] [CST]

Reproduction Rate:
Often (<75%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2022-11-24-21.40.24-bfddcc98-12df-407e-b1f1-80f204b53b0d.log (586.1 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here
    darktide_launcher.log (823.1 KB)
1 Like

I believe all Heresy missions currently are Endless Horde.

2 Likes

Issue Description:
I have been playing Heresy difficulty missions lately, and since endless horde modifier is too hard for me on heresy at this moment I have been on purpose trying to avoid it. Whenever I play a game I specifically start missions which have no modifier present. I started doing that after the last update (not sure if there is any correlation, since I did not do that before).

Now whenever I start heresy run that has no modifier present next to it, I can clearly see that “endless horde” is not displayed as modifier to the mission during player ready check. Then when I load into the game after clicking TAB I can see it’s endless horde. I had asked other players in the game, and some have the same issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Start matchmaking on Heresy difficulty mission with no modifier.
  2. Find a group. In ready player check (before the loading screen) notice there is no “endless horde” modifier stated next to mission name.
  3. Load mission
  4. Click TAB
  5. It’s endless horde modifier.

ANY on Heresy difficulty (did not test on other difficulties).

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
Since 11/22/2022 till now.

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant on Heresy difficulty.

[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
I have none atm, I can upload them if needed.

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-24-07.48.30-245d4316-7240-453e-a4ef-379ad746c3e7.log (256.3 KB)
Note: I am not 100% it is the correct log. I have a lot of them there, and I am unsure if this one is correct.

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (430.0 KB)

1 Like

UPDATE 1:
Still happening after 1.0.8 update.
I checked if the endless horde happens on the mission with this modifier present (during mission selection) and they do.

UPDATE 2:
checked it on malice. It seems it doesn’t happen on malice (at least not 100% of a time as I just had non-endless horde run)

Issue Description:
As I mentioned above, whenever I choose a mission in the terminal that have Heresy difficulty it’s automatically Endless Horde on top of it. I specifically choose a map that was Heresy and didn’t have “Endless Horde” on it since that’s a complete cluster **** of an experience. Yet when I load in and check with Tab what the mission is then it claims it’s got Endless Horde on it. I’ve done this twice now and same result occurs.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Choose a map with Heresy difficulty without Endless Horde.
  2. Load in the game
  3. Check with tab what the description of the map says
  4. You’ll most likely still see Endless Horde.

No.

Platform:
Steam

[11/26/2022, 13:25AM] [CET]

Heresy difficulty missions seem to always have endless hordes no matter what you pick.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Select Heresy Level Difficulty Mission With No Endless Hordes
  2. Mission Starts With Endless Hordes

Steam

Danho

GMT

Constant (100%)

console-2022-11-27-13.38.45-32dc47ef-d468-4dd7-b0fd-948a32314120.log (1.0 MB)

darktide_launcher.log (412.7 KB)

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed this. I’m stepping into Heresy with surprisingly good success, but it always being endless hordes is really making the end segments in particular very challenging.

Noticed the same just yesterday when trying to play a lvl 4 map without endless hordes.

We are not sure, however, if it’s only a visual bug or the mechanic is also active for real. Lvl 4 tend to be more crowded but we suspect the mechanic was also active as there was an insane amount of specials on top of the near-constant flow of minor enemies.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Every mission regardless of quickplay or choosing one from the map has endless hordes.
Steps to Reproduce:

1. Choose a mission that DOES NOT have endless hordes on it
  2. Have endless hordes attack
  3. develop a stress induced ulcer from trying to keep your team alive
  4. survive or die

all of them
Platform:
Steam

Reproduction Rate:
Constant

Can confirm we had a couple Heresy missions marked as regular which ended up being Endless Hordes once we loaded in

same with me, i am currently looking for T4 missions so i can run them with rnd groups for my last head skin. Bad surprise non stop endless horde, and that is with Rnd groups simply not to create. Some players simply lack the understanding of this mechanic and how to position yourself best. Am almost only revive people. That makes absolutely no fun more. If this continues, I have the weekend the 500 revive full.

Revive start 50 yesterday and now 147

total played Missionen 128 and 41/50 with modifi

Issue Description:
All heresy missions seem to have the ‘Endless Horde’ modifier enabled by default. This really ruins the Heresy difficulty because it should be a decent challenge on its own ; but with the modifier added, it becomes a long slog that should only be attempted by a well-balanced group, and is not fit for a quickplay session.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Select any mission on Heresy mode that does not have the modifier on the mission select screen.
  2. After loading in, the tab overlay will indicate ‘Endless Horde’ modifier.
  3. Hordes, specials and elites do in fact spawn at an increased frequency, without a single doubt.
  4. Die after 25 minutes of exhausting battle

Most likely all of them.

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:

[11/26/2022, 17:00/PM] [UTC+1]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Mission selection screen:

In-game tactical overlay (with tab):

Issue Description: See title

Steps to Reproduce: Just pick a heresy mission

Mission Name (If Applicable): Any

Platform:
Steam

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

So you mean to say, that 4 trappers, 3 muties, 7 maulers and 2 snipers at the same time is normal special spawn rate on Heresy and above? That’s quite a difficulty spike TBH.

2 Likes

No they mean it’s a UI bug that fails to display you’re signing up for an Endless Horde mission, from the mission select screen

Nope, my bad if I was unclear. The one that’s correct is the mission select screen, that’s what you need to look at to confirm whether a mission will be endless horde or not. The tactical overlay in any Heresy and above mission will show Endless Horde, regardless of actual modifiers, due to a UI bug.

1 Like

Ahh, then i will have to concurre with Mike_Rotch, something seems wonky with the spawns since a couple days

1 Like