Damnation and Heresy is too eazy now

What happened to these difficulties ?

Damnation used to be extremely difficult before, like constantly spawning hordes non stop.
Now it feels super casual.

Am i the only one who thinks this ?

2 Likes

You got used to the difficulty. Welcome to the club :smiley:

Now we wait for hi-int STG.

5 Likes

Theres no way man i came back from launch rusty as hell, I don’t think i got better.

Unfortunately i don’t have it in my drive anymore but back during launch hordes were spawning in droves almost non stop, it seems like it’s been reduced to me.

Idk maybe you’re right

There was a time when instead of hi intensity, there was endeless hordes as a special condition. This was changed to hi int. Or the bug that was endlessly spawning enemies. This bug’s constant pressure is/was nice but it had been fixed. Mostly. After each patch it comes back for a bit :smiley:

There are more elites now but seem to be fewer hordes.

Hi int+ something and normal shock troop gauntlet are good. But the hardest is hi intensity STG. The problem is that these are rare. Some even say that they played hi int STG with darkness modifier. I have sadly never even seen it.

2 Likes

No i agree with you man. The spawns feel super weak all of a sudden. Maybe they’re tweaking the values again.

Do you play with Randoms? Because i have the worst experience with randoms on malice and up. Damnation is outta the question with randoms 99% of the time.

1 Like

Stick to high int +modifier T5s, that’s where most of us tryhard sweatlords hang out. Anything else you’ll be stuck with the general pub pop.

Dunno about that chief, had a T5 high int blackout earlier today where the director kept spawning dogs in 2s and 3s, and conga lines of up to 4 mutants, plus hordes, nearly non-stop. You just gotta pray he hasn’t run out of coke or bath salts whenever you queue up, just RNG IMO.

2 Likes

I remember close to release when they had that double spawn bug. Even malic felt more like damnation then. lol

I do think they need to tweak the difficulties a bit. Just amp up each difficulty and I think we’d be good.

1 Like

i did play some games today at normal t5 and it felt like there was slightly higher amount of specials and hordes.

hi int felt like it was really hi int.

6 games in total, i could just be lucky at rng to ger more spawns :wink:

Especially when you join a game in progress, absolutely struggle to finish and in the summary screen you see a level 13 and a level 25

imho the biggest problem w/ pick up games is that anyone can join any tier match. The tiers should be level restricted in public matches. If you do the math it ends up being six levels per tier i.e. T1 is levels 1-6. Let people who want to power level their friends do it in a private match.

2 Likes

no one should be forced to play baby mode for any peroid of time

2 Likes

on first character they should, until they reach level 30, then it should be indeed account level unrestricted

alternatively (maybe a better idea), once you finish t4 high int, t5 unlocks (account level?). this should make it more fun and challenging in terms of progression.

They already are.

Just let the noobs crash my games, just makes it more challenging for me.

that makes zero sense, if game knowledge is the key to be allowed into higher difficulties,
there are people from V2 and other similar coop games with applicable game knowledge.

if actual power is your deciding factor each character needs to suffer through the same every time.
instead of forcing players to suffer through the agony of wasting hours, we need better guidance for newer players, ie set expectations for people who are new.

tag the difficulty according to whats expected from the player,

• example Damnation tag: “a challenge for well equipped and knowledgeable players”
  • uprising tag:“meant to test the untrusted (lvl 1-11)”
    etc
1 Like

You know how good of a player many people are according to themselves.
Or how little many players care about even carrying their own weight.
I do not think that telling them something like that, would accomplish anything, since that would require them to be reasonable to begin with.

I have had multiple runs with players who were absolutely awful and had no awareness of anything.
Yet they thought of themselves as having carried the run to such a degree that they even said so in the chat after the mission ended (according to the scoreboard they had done about 10% of the damage).

nothing would change if you put a stricter lvl lock onto difficulties tho?

also the players you describe wouldn’t have learned anything if you forced them to play lower difficulties, imo the you can’t force people to learn, all you can and should do is to guide them and create a surrounding where people can seek guidance from others,

i think v1/v2 had a better setup as teams stayed together, and when someone noticed how much weight we pulled we got asked for help frequently, and i have many people in my FL from those days.

in DT i never added anyone neither for them being particular friendly and team oriented or someone seeking guidance.

Well kind of, i invite people out in the morningstar and go from there. They are randoms always.
I mostly do that because the matchmaker struggles to put people in the match.

That could work for sure.
Higher level means more playtime.
On average, more playtime means better skill.