Would you be interested in a difficulty higher than Damnation?

A difficulty where:

• slightly increased special spawn rate from damnation
  • +40% increased change to receive a midlevel boss mutation.
  • one less wound
4 Likes

Yeah, but knowing master gatekeeper Fatshark that difficulty would be locked behind RNG

6 Likes

Additional choice never hurts.

2 Likes

Absolutely yes.

3 Likes

I’m not particularly interested personally, largely because I’m trash who avoids Damnation due to not being particularly good at Heresy. That said, I am very much interested in terms of giving more ways to beat down the game and more content.

2 Likes

Does it offer better rewards resource wise?

Me personally, I wouldn’t want it to give more resources. I think it would fragment the upper level player base too much and people that aren’t ready for it, but want more resources would join. It should just be for the challenge like it was in Vermintide 2. That’s just my opinion though.

There are reason to believe that FS is already planning on that

Saying that, I don’t play Damn, so not really for myself, but I see the bonus to that for the community

1 Like

The weapon stats suggest that the plan is to add a new difficulty and increase the max base stats once or twice giving the max score of 90 and then 100. This would only make sense if they also add a new difficulty/map-modifier that justifies this and also restarts the weapon grind.
This is difficult with the current state of the game, “crafting” and its mission board system, but
the announced changes to weapons and the mission board might indicate that they are planning for that (probably paid) DLC which should move things forward.
Who knows, maybe the new “Elite Resistance” condition coupled with High Intensity will up the ante in the difficulty department just enough before that first DLC.

1 Like

Yeeeeees please

1 Like

Last time they added a difficulty it was locked behind what was one of the worst received, technically most inept and downright atrociously designed expansions in history.

Don’t give them any ideas for Winds of Magic 2: Pox Boogaloo

Then I won’t care that it exists. I’m neutral on such addition.

Nope, infact I think we have too many difficulties that are spreading a thin player base. They should remove T1

1 Like

Pretty sure the reason why this hasn’t been done yet is the dwindling player numbers. A higher difficulty has been requested for half a year and it wouldn’t be difficult to do. Slap permanent HiST on Damnation, increase enemy dmg/health a bit, spawn at least two monsters every match and you’re good to go. Instead they wait and wait and wait, pissing off ever more of the remaining players, for what? We know Damnation+ is coming eventually. We know they’re not going to get it right from the start and will have to work on it.

This indecisiveness isn’t going to win any favours.

1 Like

The playerbase:

1 Like

I’d go as far as to say that DT even needs a T6 difficulty.

T5 is too easy and the higest difficulty shouldn’t be the best for grinding crafting mats because it’s full with ppl that do not belong in it but will try to get carried anyways because of how benefitial it is to their grinding progress.

2 Likes

We have one already, it’s hi-int STG.

It’s just a dice roll whether it’s there to play or not.

Yup. Just put in T6. At least then people won’t be able to say game is too easy anymore!

But if they’re having trouble match making T6 with low player count in future, then they’ll just have to settle for T5.

Some people may say it will cause match making wait times longer with playerbase splitting, well that’s an overall root problem with the game itself. Maybe that should be sorted first.

But if people want T6 with their organised and optimised group. Let them have it and increased rewards with it to match.

3 Likes

I’d go for T6 regular, even high intensity.

But I will readily admit that I just can’t complete a T5 HiSTG. I only play in pugs. I don’t really ever feel like I’ve done something wrong*, but a team mate will always seem to get separated from the group, die, and we eventually wipe.

Having a tougher level than 5, and 5Hint (which I’m comfortable at) I’d be happy with.

I’ve thought about this question before: would T6 split the player base, or bring back old players? I reckon enough of the 2nd group to make it worthwhile.

–
(*) I’m also happy to acknowledge that I may just not be good enough to realise why I’m not good enough!

But … I can’t help but wonder if those that get through T5HiSTG are primarily pre-mades?

1 Like

STG is meme trash. I need higher breakpoints.

I do only pugs and it goes down pretty much most of the time. Most fail is due to someone ragequitting and the slot never getting filled.

1 Like