Please give us higher difficulty

With constant buffs to weapons and skills damnation is a joke. Please give us a challenging game mode or atleast make hi intensity shock troop available

9 Likes

We do not need multiple new threads about this topic every day.
Just post in one of the tens of threads that already exist.

1 Like

The issues i see here is still, that

a) We´ll spread the playerbase more and
b) It doesn´t matter at all…

Yeah high int shock troop might be a thing, but in the end it´s just “throwing enemies on you.” For example i do enjoy playing surgestaff on my 2nd Psyker. Yet it´s the answer to any special. Since it´s high int on top, we can bet that someone else brings a flamer, purge, whatever…

The overall healthpool of the enemies seems fine on damnation, even the damage IF they´re able to actually attack you. What the enemies lack is more or less self-protection, speed, stagger resistence…
We´ve too many weapons with too many stagger making any elites / specials obsolet. Then we´ve weapons that should have a con, but hey… this blessing will negate it. Not to mention all the extra wounds, medpacks and the 100% toughness damage reduction.

FS should just stop buffing the players and nerfing the enemies. Get ride of the wounds-system and give elites way more stagger-resistence, and suddenly the difficulty will look different.
Also events should be less scripted or “better scripted”. Right now they´re a joke enemy-wise. Boss-fights are the only real threat on damnation if poeple don´t know how to deal with the boss + horde. Another thing might be the sewerage in the end with the trains where we´ve to get ride of the nurgle-investion… (silogroup? dunno…), because there is a lot of open space, but that´s it.

A new difficulty with more health, more spawns won´t make the game drastically harder, probably more annoying thanks to bulletsponging. And just adding a new difficulty to tune down stagger-resistence is nonsense. 5 difficulties should be more than enough to balance around and once it´s done, modifiers can still bring the cherry on the cake. But we really need a better base to build on, which is actually not a thing.

Yep, 5 is just a bit above VT2 Legend in difficulty, we need a base difficulty 6.

Based on the damage numbers of players and enemies there is still room for a fine-tuned increase to enemy health, damage, and especially hit mass and stagger resistance for a higher difficulty. HiDSg is fine, but we need something that is difficult and not because it’s spamming enemies non-stop.

Yes we do.
This whole forum should be about this topic since apparently fatshark refuses to even aknowledge this problem.

5 Likes

I’m actually opposed to adding much to the enemies in health and toughness. Its fine if you mean fine tune but i prefer the difficulty added by more and more challenging enemy types. We are fortunately not playing warframe and no one can build an excalibur nuke build. More enemy numbers, better enemy detection radius, more intelligent or aggressive behaviors, etc all add to the challenge far better than making breakpoints harder to hit.

I disagree with this. Increasing enemy health and toughness would make a game both more interesting and skill expressive, and I feel like there is a lot of room for growth in this regard.

For examples:

• Zealot Caxe can kill all basic enemies with body shots after a few strikes to stack headtaker+rising conviction. There is room to grow where you can’t reach this breakpoint or only if you stack both headtaker and decimator. You could still spam left-click but you would actually have to aim for heads.
  • Heavy ranged weapons (plasma/bolter) overkill all basic enemies on the body and head without any +damage modifier, certainly, there is room to increase health in a way that still makes these weapons one-shot.
  • Precision weapons (Knife, DS, FS…) have so much weakspot multipliers that they also overkill on headshots, there is room for increases there while keeping the one-shot potential that feels good.
  • My favorite Plasma build heavily tuned for anti-ogryn can one-shot Crushers at any distance, this can be tuned to only happen on a headshot.
  • Similarly, TH with Thrust also overkills most elites with charged special (by a lot), definite room for increases there while keeping the one-shot potential.

I don’t want to make enemies into bullet sponges, but just compared to VT2 Cata, there is certainly room to make weapons require more aiming to use than currently. Around a +100 health increase on basic enemies and +25% on elites would probably be enough together with some hit mass and stagger resist increases.

This is the one thing that FS is actually really good at. If there is one thing I trust them to do correctly is finetuning health/stagger values correctly.

I just look at enemy health numbers and the damage they do, and can’t stop thinking that they already have the numbers to make dif 6. Breakpoints line up so well.

High end difficulty being too low, affects a small portion of the playerbase.
Crafting being awful, affects everyone.

Yet, somehow it seems like there are more new threads popping up about the difficulty being too low, instead of those people just keeping the relevant threads at the top (which is at least partially the case for crafting).
Although both of these things have not been changed at this point, i would assume that a few constantly active threads are more effective, than a bunch of threads that are left to rot after a day or two.

I see a lot of threads about “please nerf everything” and “make high-intensity always on”, but I didn’t see a thread specifically about asking for dif 6 recently. Have I missed something?

I have seen a bunch of times, that people suggested a diff 6.
This could be suggested again, in a separate thread (but probably does not require one, since it is a very straight forward way to make the game more difficult, and something FS would probably figure out themselves).

However, this OP did not suggest it, but just adds to the noise of 10s of threads asking for the same thing, with not much community interaction.

Edit:
I think that always having one additional damnation mission available, that is high int shock troop, could be a good idea to appease the „add difficulty“ folks (at least as a temporary solution).
However, imo, people asking for all kinds of nerfs at the current state of the game, are just self centered and entitled elitists, who want more difficulty at the cost of a large majority of the playerbase and the overall health of the game.

Imo, FS should do the following:
1st: Add an additional damnation mission slot that is always high int+shock troop. This should take no time and would appease the „game too easy“ people.

2nd: Roll out an update that introduces a diff 6 above damnation, at the same time as improving crafting:

• modifier upgrades up to 100%
  • selecting perks from a list, instead of rolling them
  • unlocking perks and blessings
  • buying specific blessings to unlock them without RNG

3rd: Buff underperforming weapons and maybe slightly nerf some overperformers, now that people can actually use weapons at their full potential, and have the crafting options required to alter their setup in response to buffs/nerfs.

2 Likes

For a lot of the sub-ideal weapons that i prefer to run, honestly hammer’s included, i’m pretty sure that puts poxwalkers out of the oneshot range for normal attacks. I already think a lot of weapons underpreform badly against many basic enemy types. I’m sure some fine tuning can be done but i hate bullet sponges so i’m leery of adding health. I’d rather see the attacks speed of bruisers go up or the damage of shooters reverted.

Crafting is awful. But its also the easiest thing to complain about. How awful is it really? I played like 6 games of damnation on my Vet testing out plasma and was able to get a 368 chain axe with slaughterer 3 and put headtaker 3 on it from my zealot’s blessing pool. I hate the locks but i’m not convinced current crafting is worse than not being able to PLAY THE VIDEO GAME I BOUGHT because it wont roll missions/difficulties i am interested in.

Crafting is important but it isnt core gameplay

I personally fall in the (probably small) camp that finds the spammy nature of HiDStg not as enjoyable. It’s difficult yes, but only by drowning you in specials. While something like a normal D doesn’t allow for enough skill expression.

I’m fine with your assessment that it only impacts a small portion of the player base, but I feel like there is room for a lot of growth, and Hi int and Stg just aren’t the right way.

No disagreements there…

Without any damage boost, probably. At least there would be a point to use +infested or +horde damage perks. I kinda think that Poxwalker should be more resilient all around, so I have less of a problem with them specifically being a lot tougher, but it might be just a difference of opinion. Underperforming should be just buffed I think (although I wouldn’t put current TH there).

Don’t worry I hate sponges too. Unless they are called poxwalkers. :wink:

1 Like

I think this is pretty much what i would want.

Reasons i don’t want another difficulty

I like the Damnation breakpoints

I hate the mission board

Most things that are overpowered and underpowered would continue to be OP/UP since what makes weapons too good or too bad is mostly independent of enemy strengths. That might be vague, but an example is if a weapon has infinite cleave, no amount of difficulty increase will change that or make that less effective.

And i don’t want to split the Damnation crowd more. I’m already noticing who the regulars are, I need the new bloods who don’t care about the meta, or those who do but have never ventured beyond Heresy, to show up and keep things interesting!

1 Like

By higher difficulty we are not solely talking about adding healthpoints or damage outputs to ennemies, but merely adding more ennemies. Like what high intensity gauntlet did before it was arbitrarily removed from the game
You have to understand that for those who roll over T5 high intensity difficulty the game is starting to feel absolutely dull and uninteresting now

I know that already.

Some enemies should have more HP

Some enemies should be nigh unstaggerable behemoths

Some enemies should be unfair

There’s a few people talking about how OP our characters and weapons should be in the lore, but not a lot of people acknowledging how OP the bad guys are supposed to be in the lore.

We need enemies with special weapons, heavy weapons, explosive weapons, enemy Ogryn berserkers with machetes for hands, enemy psykers and sorcerers, enemy vehicles and daemon engines, and chaos spawns.

Or, well, events that do more than pox waves followed by dreg waves.

1 Like