Knife and Pistol Dodge Nerfed?

If enemies are shooting into a horde they should be gunning down the horde first.

7 Likes

Its not a matter of difficulty. Its a matter of fun. Its just straight up not fun that most of the weapons are kinda just trash now. Before they were useable niche weapons with different movesets from the optimal one. Now its just straight up bad and then optimal

5 Likes

If dodges are faster than sprint, the simplest solution would be to make sprint faster, instead of making going for melee pointless.

Another simple fix: make Zealot’s anti-stagger perk apply to all damage, not just melee.

The ranged spam is plain ridiculous. Please try playing melee on diff 5 and see what it’s like. Every class just turns into rat snipers.

3 Likes

I still dont see the issue with dodging being faster than sprint. In vermintide 2 technically dodging would move you faster than just pressing w, but you dont see every psycho in the game doing that.

4 Likes

What? The problem was dodging was faster than enemies can move towards you. The actual alternative would have been to make enemies move faster, not buff sprint

Honestly I don’t really see the issue with the dodge nerf. It feels fine. Anyone who was used to the way dodging worked post Winds of Magic in Vermintide 2 should have no issue with it. I main combat knife on my veteran for the mobility and it still feels great, you just need to incorporate pushes and some brief respites (like literally 3/4 of a second) from spamming dodge for them to refresh.

The meltdown over what amounts to a small balance change is ridiculous. I don’t really care if they revert it, but the game is still perfectly playable. Many people in this thread are being extremely overdramatic.

3 Likes

“Dodge feels fine on my shooter class”
LMAO

Try playing any other class on diff 5, where the melee hordes are replaced by shooter hordes.

You’re literally stunned in place unable to swing/move the moment you leave you cover. Before you could at least dodge slide from cover to cover or use it to retreat. Now you’re just frozen.

3 Likes

I do not main veteran. I prefer melee-focused classes. I recently made a veteran, and the knife was the target of the change, which is the only reason I mentioned it.

Knife was the target but they did it by nerfing dodge overall. It’s exactly like how they nerfed weapons in VT2, but made the weapon unusable when used with a different career when the issue was how a specific career and weapon interacted.

1 Like

It was any weapon that had more dodge range than normal that got pulled back in line, I remember tokyo drifting with the veteran axe the day before patch

Yes, and I also think dodging still feels fine on other weapons. Again, incorporate pushes and some brief periods of not spamming dodge into your repertoire. They refresh extremely quickly.

This entire thread reminds me of the 2.0 patch for VT2 where the community was convinced that the balance of the game was forever ruined because they could no longer win by just spamming dodge and m1. Several years later, and VT2 is in a better place than it’s ever been.

2 Likes

If they nerf dodge permanently then whatever. But then nerf the silly tracking of enemies so I dont need to complain about the dodge nerf. trash mob enemies being able to wind up an attack 2 feet away from me then do some weird fluttery dash hit on me is super irritating, especially when it doesnt even look like it connets.

1 Like

I mean… you still lowkey can still perma dodge in VT2. Theres just optimal melee combos so you dont even need to but you still can technically. Considering that VT2 you can wack elites to death rather fast unlike this game since you got to deal with the range units then trash mobs hitting you couple feet away and then elites. its slightly you know irritating you can’t dodge them. Could you imagine if beastman archers had pin point accuracy.

VT2 didn’t have:

-ranged hordes
-hitscan ranged enemies that hit you from across the map while they’re hidden in shadows or are so far they’re pixel sized
-critical masses of dozens of them shooting through melee units at the same time
-rapid fire autoguns/lasers
-ranged stuns where you can’t even move an inch/attack

5 Likes

Also ranged squads spawning behind you and immediately shooting despite being in melee range, although this patch said they’re tweaking the melee/ranged AI.

1 Like

Combat blade (knife) dodge range nerf is on place. You could outrun sprinting while maintaining stamina. It degrades evey other weapon, promotes soloing and elitist mindset.

Weapon swap animation is on place, it promotes usage of other weapons not suffering from it. People complaining about this are moslty v2 veterans with 5k + hrs, clinging to this idea that every change is automatically bad, and ‘unvermintidy’, while thousands obviously dont mind.

Range combat is fun, although i must admit, some of those ranged units are maybe too accurate.

I just hope you will take that into consideration, as using “i will refund” threats is something anyone can do in here to enforce their demands.

I like everything about the game, you guys rock. I just hope it doesnt become another dodge dance-kiting mayhem, and actually offers more tactical gameplay that i’ve been enjoying for 60hours already.

2 Likes

The only benefit of them is high mobility though…

Revolver is just a worse bolter

Knife is just a worse hatchet and the king of weapons are the ones that can actually kill the things in carapace armour relatively quickly not the dagger that can kite things a little bit better and take 20 hits to kill anything that isn’t in flak armour… It’s not like you’re giving the knife the damage output of dual daggers from VT2 all it’s really got is mobility…

1 Like

I thought there was friendly fire amongst enemies. I’m sure I’ve seen scab gunners kill trash mobs.

Perhaps you should:

-Use cover
-Use AOE tools like grenades
-Shoot the ranged hordes
-Prioritize the rapid fire enemies

This is not the same game as Vermintide. You cannot expect to play exactly the same way and have the same experience.

critical masses of dozens of them shooting through melee units at the same time

I’ll agree that this should be changed. From what I’ve seen they don’t actually shoot through enemies, and all the enemy AOE stuff certainly damages other enemies, but the ranged guys have superhuman aim to the point where they can snipe you through tiny gaps in the horde. That definitely feels unfair.

Soloing = doing your classes’ basic job of getting into melee and disrupting ranged.

Tactical gameplay = everyone camping behind cover and sniping pixels the entire match

:clown_face: :earth_africa:

5 Likes