Just want to say "thanks"

Just want to say “thanks” to the FS team for creating one of the best WH40K games ever.

Yeah, the live support is not great, bla bla bla we all know that, but to be honest - creating even a single mission requires a lot of work (to write the lore, lines for characters, artist work, voice acting work, new music if needed).

Want to say a thing about crafting system - this is literally the last thing i care about in the game, i dont understand what people even want from it. The game has a lot of different weapons, they are insanely fun to use, you just spend very little time to farm resources to roll some perks and its already ready to be used in auric damnation. This is not PoE, i dont want to spend 20 hrs researching and farming for OpTiMaL supa-dupa OP weapon that kills bosses in 1 shot or does something magical just because i spent a lot of time on it. This thing suits Chaos Wastes or something, where some real odd s**t happens all the time, but in regular missions i just want to shoot and slash heretics. I play the game for fun, not for the possibility to sit in front of mama Hadron crafting THE ONE AND ONLY las pistol. The fun is BUILT IN, you dont need to CRAFT it OUT.

A word for Helldivers 2 fans:
The artstyle is better in DT - just walking and looking around feels cool, when in HD2 its just empty deserts everywhere.
The combat system is better in DT - slashing and crushing enemies in melee is one of the best things ever created in games. If you’re skilled enough, it just gets 10000 times better.
The voice acting - oh my god… somebody gotta give a bonus to the voice acting director at FS. I just have no other words, all the characters sound perfect. (cadian male voice of command, man…).
The music - Jesper Kyd.
So, if you want to just run around like headless chikens with friends - go play HD2, i choose to appreciate the work of artists, actors and programmers who create ACTUAL ART.

For those who wait for solo-mode - this is a co-op game, you karking degenerates.

Yet again, the game support is far from perfect, but all the things they already made - this is some solid s**t. People should remember this.

28 Likes

The Emperor protects, citizen! Stay hard! o7

5 Likes

“Just wanted to say thanks”

proceeds to spend 3/4ths of his post yelling at other people for daring to complain or make comparisons

Yeah, pull the other one.

29 Likes

Good day officer.

3 Likes

yeah) just had some thoughts about the state of the game, wanted to share them, cause all i see right now is just “game bad, i go hd2 bye”

2 Likes

20 Likes

Most other player’s don’t want to spend that much time either, that’s the problem.

And Fatshark very much does want you doing this.

This was what we set out to do with Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – to create a highly engaging and stable game with a level of depth that keeps you playing for weeks, not hours.

odd, Fatshark appears to disagree with you.

For Darktide we wanted to take those lessons to expand and improve in such a way that crafting would become a central pillar of player progression while giving more impact and agency to you, the player in your preferred playstyle. The nature of randomization and repetitive actions sometimes seen within crafting is something that we are steering to avoid in the crafting system within Darktide. Meaningful choices will be made with strategy and goals behind them, as you set your eyes upon that perfect combination of melee and ranged weapons for your class.

They’re just unable to follow through on that design goal apparently.

12 Likes

If anything people here are just sad the game’s struggling, they don’t hate on it.

They only compare it to Helldivers because they’re jealous that Helldivers is getting all the rizz while DT is at 2-3k daily player count. Helldivers is about to release a new enemy faction, while Fatshark can’t finish their infinite cycle of reworking the game’s old systems, instead of adding new ones.

18 Likes

Weird to try and do a jester farm outside of Steam.

9 Likes

as i said - i dont care a single bit about the crafting system. If they want to make it better and everyone wants it too - ok, so be it, im not against it.

100% this. I want Darktide to fix its issues and be successful. The problem is that Fatshark seems less invested in the game’s success than most of its players.

Helldivers is getting 50-125x as many online players every day as DT is. Nobody on my friends list is playing DT anymore. Everyone has moved on, I can get games for DRG or L4D2 sometimes, and everyone is playing HD2 nightly, but the interest in DT is just gone.

8 Likes

seems like it, i really hope a lot of people will return to the game after some big patch.

No need to throw shade at HD2 fans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: both games are great at what they do.

4 Likes

Agree with the sentiment 100%.

I’m desperate for new maps and content but that’s because I’ve played the heck out of the game, due to it being amazing👌

The voice acting and music really do deserve the sound editor a bonus.

1 Like

The thing about the crafting system is that most people want the locks removed is all. Think about Vermintide 2. You spend resources (dust) to re-roll properties to get the properties you are looking for and you can roll thousands of times.

You spend dust to re-roll the trait of the weapon if it has one, again, thousands of times if you want.

In Darktide you can pick the property and traits you want out of a list, but you can only change two or three things and then the weapon is bricked and can’t be improved from there. This is stupid. I’d rather roll hundreds of times with random properties than hope it has at least 3/5 of the things I need because I can’t change them after modifying the 2 I don’t.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Vermintide, Vermintide 2, World War Z, Back 4 Blood, GTFO, Killing Floor 2, HELLDIVERS 2 ffs, are all “co-op games” that let you play solo, w/ bots in most cases but not in all, but the point is they don’t tell players “screw you, play with random people and LIKE IT!” they say “we recommend playing with others, but we won’t force you.” and Darktide said “oh. Industry Standard? We’ll tell people it’ll be in the game. But then never talk about it again.”

8 Likes

I’m sure this is bait or rage farming but I’ll take it. I like the setting and art style of DT more. But HD 2 is an absolutely beautiful game, and if you’re not into the urban-industrial setting of Darktide it is entirely plausible people would find it far nicer to look at.

As far as “games are art,” conversation, I’ve always found it a weird one. However as far as that goes there is no difference between HD 2 and DT about which one is more “artistic.” They both have an obvious amount of soul and love put into them. I think that just because people are disparaging Darktide and saying they like HD 2 more does not make HD 2 a bad game.

Also they actually release frequent balance patches for their game. :man_shrugging:

Loved playing KF 2 solo. Its really the only coop game I think I like more solo than with people especially on modded difficulties. Here’s hoping kf 3 is going to be good (it’s going to suck because every sequel sucks now days).

3 Likes

I will never understand the people that come to the defense of large companies. This new form of sunk cost fallacy meets Stockholm syndrome with a dash of delusion and heavy doses of copium is beyond me.

Why would you enable someone for delivering trash, expecting them to deliver gold the next time? What is this logic

8 Likes

Pretty simple: some people like the game and feel the same burning insane-o levels of ownership over it as the people who dedicate many hours of their lives to hating on it, and whoever made it, in these very-online forums.

4 Likes

Bruh, say it once again how you don’t care. Learn to observe things not from your personal biased standpoint but from obejctive design - is system good or bad, how it’s fun for players of different types.

1 Like

It’s like a findom, some sort of fetish being a good paypig. Also some thinks if they are against community it makes them unique “look mom i’m the Joker”

6 Likes