Some appreciation

Just for one second I’d like to take a break from the usual criticalposting and express my appreciation for how fun darktide is at its core gameplay loop.

The weapons feel great to use.
Its stylish and very 40K.
The visuals and sound design are incredible.
The game plays pretty well these days.
Things have gotten better.

So thanks to the team for making what, I certainly hope, will soon be one of the best 40K games made. Because there is gold here. I think you’ll dig it out of the mire eventually. We can all see the potential.

Also I like the chain axe even though its not that good. Its a really fun weapon. So. Thanks to the designer of it for making it fun.

Anyway. back to complaining about stuff I want fixed and demanding more content faster and stuff.

24 Likes

+1

The only reason that I, and I’d assume many other people, are still posting criticism here is specifically because the core combat experience of Darktide, as it is with the rest of the 'Tide series, is freaking awesome and there’s nothing else like it.

In short, we’re complaining because we love the heart of the game and want to love the rest of the organism too, and want the game to be successful.

5 Likes

Absolutely, I especially love the work that went into the specials - the voice acting, the artwork, they have so much personality it’s almost loveable :smile:
I’ll bet whoever got to do the mutant had fun that day.
In spite of all the criticism, I’m still here, still hoping it’ll become the best damn co-op horde shooter of all time, still ready to drag friends on board the moment it gets good enough to make them start thinking about buying it.

3 Likes

I agree. I find myself not playing sometimes because I know I’ll get sucked in for hours.

My biggest gripe, and honestly my only gripe are blessings. Being locked and only able to claim one (really sucks for a weapon with two good blessings) is a bummer but it doesn’t detract from the core of the game as it’s about min/max and not something that will hold an experience player from content

I didn’t have much interest in the game at first, but I came across the soundtrack on YT which stood out enough to warrant checking the game out, and from there the game’s setting pulled me in. Vermintide is cool, but I like Darktide’s setting far more. That’s what got me to go down the “what is Warhammer” rabbit hole. I love it, very cool game.

They’ve definitely got a gem in their hands here. It’s nice to see a new release that manages to stand out from the torrent of generic shlock and decaying big name game series that get released these days.

2 Likes

It’s an incredible realization of the 40k setting. I absolutely love the art team’s work, they’re obviously enthusiastic about Warhammer and talented enough to put a signature spin on it that both feels unique to FS and fits perfectly within what we already know about the wider universe. Wish I could turn the enemies off and just walk around the maps soaking up the details.

Really want nothing more than the rest of the game to hold up to the standard set by the art direction.

3 Likes

I am jealous of your positivity. I was like you once you know… lol

In my mind its more gold dust atm. I start to suspect we might have to accept that Darktide, even at its planned peak, is going to be a game with FAR smaller scope than Vermintide 2 was at its launch.

3 Likes

Yeah, stuff is looking better and the gameplay is rather solid/fun since about march.
with the release of the new penances I actually started a Veteran and played from the start, and the leveling experience with all the new penances was a lot better than it was at release. I was consistently getting a new cosmetic or a weapon all the way up to lv30 and still have a few left to unlock. Felt a lot better, so good job.

Keep adding similar penances but increase the scope. There could also be penances for specific weapon types which add new cosmetics for them, some can be re-skins but others can be modded to look differently, with a new scope or added “awesomeness” to them or a different look altogether to add variety and make everyone feel a bit special.

I feel like they could basically just make the cosmetic store(which uses ingame cash) into a store for Aquila cosmetics instead, but raise the price for them to something crazy, like 500k or higher for each piece and use the same FOMO rotation as the paid shop.
Then they could simply add all those old cosmetics to new penances.

I feel like I’m about to digress into writing an essay of all the stuff that could improve or should be added, so I’ll stop here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Excited for the future of the game. Not at all surprised that it’s taking a while.

The audio in particular (both the soundtracks and the regular chatter) is just supreme. The gameplay is fun and engaging and skill-based. The graphics are wonderful.

There’s bugs, there’s imbalances, there’s annoying things that need tweaking even in the areas of strength I called out above… but VT2 held my attention more than any other game besides MMO’s and I forsee Darktide might surpass it. Keep grinding FS!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.