Darktide is my favorite game of 2023

Xbox player here — the Doom Eternal crowd commenting on Boltgun introduced me to Warhammer 40K, and then had to wait for the Xbox release to get some sweet FPS 40k game with Darktide. In the meantime, read the entire Horus heresy, and a dozen or so 40K books. I might say I grind the weekly’s on all 4 classes, but I don’t actually grind anything like traditional games like WoW or something. Instead, it’s just compelling game play… Fatshark really creates a solid FPS experience, and I wind up completing all 4 weekly’s.

Besides the core game loop being amazing, I’m loving the art style, the voice lines, the story and being in a hive city. Karnak twins was a well executed boss. I waited years for apex legends to intro any of the teased boss-like things… remember The Yeti and all the other rumors of some big monster on the map? Meanwhile, Fatshark delivers the first boss experience, and it was wonderful. Hoping more to come.

As a software dev myself, I gotta say I love the usage of the different parts of the map to intro different mission types, add on extra areas and such and stretch the investment into multiple uses. Very clever and hoping we see more of the hive city as time goes on!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.