Darktide Game and Developer appreciation

Howdy rejects, hope the Emperor keeps you and your family’s safe. I just wanted to take moment really for myself but to say thank you to all the people and gamers here in the Fatshark forums and beyond and the Developers and Comm manager Catfish for all their hard work and dedication to Darktide and Vermintide. Warhammer hold a special place in my heart that really cant be expressed. i have about 500 hrs in Vermintide on ps4 and 1500hr and Darktide on steam, “i know… i may have a problem” I try to play other games like skyrim and the like and i still do but i always ALWAYS find after a long day at work and paying the bills. It feels GREAT to purge with the good strangers and rejects of the Urberrike five and rejects of 40k. Iv been through some dark stuff in my life depression and sometimes worse. but gaming and close friends and being vocal helped me through the worst of it. Warhammer to me has always inspired that feeling of the indomitable human spirit and overcoming your fears through tenacity and hard work. Darktide has had the roughest start and ambitions any 40k hybrid fps could have with a crap ton of problems to boot. but still for all its flaws i truly want to thank you to ALL the good devs out there and Catfish in those offices working their asses off to make the best of everything they can. for this long line gibberish, was a long day and i just really hope a dev out there reads this and know that there’s a gamer out there who loves their work vary much. and thank you too all you glorious rejects out there! The Emperor Protects!

6 Likes

To all you good people in the Fatshark offices. You make Warhammer like no other never lose that passion.

2 Likes

the good has strongly outweighed the bad.

I’ve been around long enough to see vermintide grow, stumble and improve and the team has improved nicely.

The game is fun, the difficulty feels satisfying to overcome and improove upon. been a posative boon to my mental health to push myself on.

Its clear they got some massive lore nerds who know about stuff so deep into the history even the dark gods are baffled by its existance.

nearly 300 vermintide 1 hours.
500+ hours of darktide.
1000+ hours of vermintide 2.

I get Fatshark works slower when it comes to updates but I’ll gladly take that if it means the teams are treated well and not overworked.

The team has done a good job, big personal thanks to them.

3 Likes

They somehow made a worse melee system than what they had before in vermintide

This needs addressing and it needs fixing, the melee animations in D feels like they’re animation blueprints from a store somewhere whereas V2’s animations feels like they have been carefully handcrafted, analyzed and playtested to feel a certain way, feeling much more impactful and controlled whereas D’s melee animations feels wispy

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.