You made me laugh… let’s forget this option…
information overload actually gave me disadvantage, i’ve been performing much better now in my latest games by playing vanilla, even by just turning off the scoreboard
the only mod i truly missed when in combat is the no skull for the vet focus fire tag ability (now provided by numeric UI), that huge yellow skull really got in the way of enemies heads with its sheer brightness
this being said vanilla iron sights are best for many weapons, especially for the zarona in question, my take is that putting the custom sight on it is just a cool thing one might put on his hand cannon
the guy in the video wasn’t even using voice of command, accusing him of cheating is ludicrous
opinions dont need to be popular, “opinio-nate”(?) away ![]()
sadly there isn´t a ui option ingame that lets me turn the opacity and size DOWN to the point i like, so having these options taken would surely reduce my motivation to play.
i´m still tinkering to have a tiny ui, barely visible with only ammo,health and ult and a 30% opacity crosshair.
then there´s my scoreboard and true level that i wouldnt miss for the world.
ping indicator is a nice to have, but all in all thats about it.
i´d call em QoL features that should be ingame (yeah yeah, scoreboard discussion at nausea, yadda,yadda) from the start, but here we are and i´m glad i can mod them in.
Talking about advantages like its a competitive shooter.
Truth of the matter is that you are probably never going to know if your team mates are using mods or not unless they actually tell you, or you are watching them stream the game.
i understand the justification i do not see the logic.
i asked how recoil is valid but poor sites and loss of awareness when aiming are not.
no i think its an arbitrary and pointless distinction , i think your making a rather thin plea to semantics here. and you are willing to mod out the qualities clearly means you do agree they have a game affect , so what does this distinction matter? a weapon quality IS a game feature.
UI and perfect information isnt the only valid choice
case in point hell divers does not give you an accurate ammo count in the loaded magazine without stopping and pressing long R. how is that not a UI fail in your world?
so again i ask why is a gun having poor sites invalid design choice thus justifying your removal of it, but it having recoil isn’t?
not at all… I really don’t care how many ammos I have in my gun… I use it until it get empty…
Yesterday was a great day… machine gun firing at will… killed lot of terminids
it was great. Did not even notice there was not the number of ammos… cause it is clearly totally useless in such game.
The weapon yes… its caracteristics no. At least that’s my opinion, feel free to disagree.
Putting a recoil system is a feature. Defining the recoil of the weapon is not.
A feature is something that add to the game. And an ugly interface is not what I expect to see implemented to increase difficulty. Sorry.
I wait them they adjust enemies, weapon balance… not that they implement broken features intentionally to increase artificially the difficulty.
If you love such things… then fine. But don’t try to impose that to others. Little reminder, this game has only a population of 3000 players.
And mods are the ONLY answer we have to the multiple interface flaws of Darktide.
It is as much of an advantage as having a max brightness in game, and not the recommended one.
But ye, as everybody else said, that is not an advantage that Fatshark is talking about – they are talking about literal cheats like faster attacks(seen some lasering Psykers) and lightning speed
Adding scopes on the weapons that’s not supposed to have them is definitely an advantage over vanilla players. The problem are people who use mods and can’t be self-conscious about it. It’s okay if you use modded scope on the revolver, I don’t really care how you play the game, but don’t claim you’re a Darktide pro-gamer with your elitist takes on the forums if you can’t handle normal iron sights which should be one of the weaknesses of the weapon.
We already have a mod that pretty much displays special locations the moment they spawn, logout macros when you get downed and other stupid crap that goes beyond just weapon modding or cosmetics. So until modding becomes something that instantly wins games for you its seemingly totally fine.
It’s an advantage, but FS doesn’t care about these things.
Healthbar mod, sights, indicator that shows special direction, logout/relog mod that allows you to instantly get back when downed (if used correctly you won’t even lose a wound)… You can even use macros for some stupid things like spamming Voidstrike charged attack as fast as left-click attack (although with min charge), or quick swap canceling attacks and such and you still won’t be banned.
If there would be a mod that would show enemy outlines through walls people here would still defend it, and FS probably wouldn’t be bothered either.
Unless it is something that changes values, gives invincibility, more damage or something like that you can use it.
Vacuum capsule, my beloved ( ˙˘˙ )
Funnyies od the mod, should take precedence over legality.
No… until Fatshark rework large parts of the game to offer us, at least, something good without having to use mods.’
Did you try to get several 375+ weapons? You need several millions ordos. You will then buy a lot of weapons just to get 1 or 2. Then you will need to sell all these garbages. Guess what, this is here that people delete valuables weapons cause the interface is not made for this, you have to sell weapon by weapon and can’t select several.
Then here there is a mod that does this for you and sell all garbages weapons (so 98% of them)
A lot of flaws are covered by mods / macros etc.
I will quote one. Running system in darktide. I had to create a macro with AHK just to put something that is here in any game I played… The auto run that does not make you ending walking every time something hit you (darktide behaviour, at least last time I checked). In any game I played, you can put a key to activate running mode or return to walking mod. Darktide is the only game where there is something hybrid that doesn’t work at all.
I posted it in bug report more than 1 year ago.
AHK does the trick… however without it, I would have stopped playing darktide as it was becoming painful for my hand (yes, I mean here it was generating a wound).
I could quote lot of examples… There are lot of mods that would deserve to be implemented as mandatory (example, the mod that permits you to sort of your weapons with new settings) and several that would need to be implemented as options. It is really better that they don’t try to restrict them, unless it is clearly cheating.
Anyways, this is a coop game.
You are mistaking QOL mods to what i describe. I don’t care a one bit if someone uses buy until rating to get weapons faster. I do care if special I’ve never even seen is blasted to orbit because some mod showed it before the sound que even played.
In fact not totally.
I understand you pointed mods like health bar but guess what…
I use health bar, but not in mission.
Combinated with the creature spawner mod, you can test things in training room and see the damages you do on something.
And admit that the training room is not ideal. We cannot even test our guns on all enemies (monster by example). Without healthbar, I cannot see the damages done and so cannot test.
The mod that display warning when a special spawns… I used it and removed it. I don’t find it even useful… sure it informs you that there is a special around… but really this has never been useful in my games, so I removed it.
I can continue like that a lot of time… so I will stop here.
Sounds more like an user issue of understanding why its potentially powerful. Either way this mod debate has been done 100s times over already and this will add nothing new until something totally game breaking is introduced.
Its insane to me how people are expecting increased difficulty while at the same time having mods installed that basically negate the need to listen for special ques. (as broken as they are its still part of the game)
I was curious initially when stuff like this came out and wasn’t necessarily against it if it was pretty basic stuff. But you have basically every cosmetic unlocked and you can even put zooming optics on weapons and the likes. It doesn’t matter to me what other people say about this, it’s cheating. Making your life easier is legit only if it’s minor stuff such as having a custom crosshair or inventory mods that help you sort your items etc.
Seeing around corners in 3’rd person? Cheating. Is it a huge advantage in this game? Not really, but an advantage nonetheless. Any visual or audio queue telling you information that you shouldn’t/wouldn’t know is cheating. The argument that “oh but the game is bugged and the sounds aren’t working properly” is not an argument. That’s the case for everyone, so whenever you do anything about it mod wise you’re using crutches. Having a notification that a special has spawned is cheating unless you’re deaf I suppose, and I don’t know how to approach that argument.
100% Agree and I’ve stated as much in other threads. It’s crazy, even very talented players fall into this category, why? I cannot answer that question.
50% of specials make no sounds (when audio was much worse) sure sounds like a hard modifier to me.
And you know what? Auric games were still completed just fine with none of that nonsense installed.
From my perspective…
Every real life firearm I own has an optic if it has a mounting rail for one. Nearly every non-sidearm weapon my nation’s military has issued for nearly 30 years has had an optic as standard, some basic infantry weapons (like the Aug) were doing that back in the 70’s, and even sidearms are increasingly seeing optics as standard equipment. Most of the weapons in-game that don’t have an optic have in-universe representations that do sport optics on either art or models in at least some capacity (e.g. while many Space Marine bolters appear to be iron-sighted, every Tactical Squad kit also includes bits for Scoped Bolters). Many optics, particularly CQB optics like red dots and holographic sights, have been proven and standard issue for longer than many players have been alive, cost a fraction of what the weapon itself costs and can be mounted quickly and efficiently, often without tools, thanks to modular rail systems we see copied even in the 41st millenium. These items are so inexpensive and ubiquitous that their absence on weapons in modern armies is seen as a sign of insane corruption or severe under-investment.
As far as I’m concerned, weapons with optics just make fundamental sense.
Additionally, given how weapons handling and aiming is essentially all done by the system as pre-rendered animations instead of something the player actively thinks about, the advantage they bring in game is often much less than in real life. In-game, stuff like red dot or holographic sights are effectively just acting as high-visibility sights or a brighter crosshair, they’re not saving the shooter from having to worry about parallax issues with sighting trying to line up a rear sight aperture and front sight post.
So from that perspective, I’m having a hard time seeing it as cheating.
On the flipside, absolutely no one should be allowed to complain about game difficulty etc if they use gameplay mods.
All complaints regarding difficulty should be after intensive vanilla gameplay. Things like that spider sense and extra UI notifications and health bars on enemies are all totally changing the way the player interacts with the game.