Is there going to be an update/announcement this week?

But on the crafting blog post from 25th of November you told us we will have the rest of the freatures throughout December…

"In closing, we hope you enjoyed this look into Darktide’s crafting system. We are excited to bring you the rest of the crafting features, which we’ll gradually be rolling out throughout December. "

So, when we can expect the rest of the freatures explained on the blog post?

Things are not perfect but I am having a ton of fun. So much negativity here.

3 Likes

You’re getting hung up on wording. They didn’t commit to delivering the entirety of it. You got an additional mechanic with refinement. In December. That qualifies as sticking to their word. It’s the holidays. For god sake let the devs rest with their families and enjoy the season.

Same. I just really wish solo mode were here so I could 4-man missions with all of my alts.

Does this mean we wont get full crafting in december?

I was really hoping for this, the game feels kinda lacking without it.

He already gave you an answer, no updates on Holidays.

“wElL tEcHnIcAlLy”

No, they ****ed up, just like they ****ed up VT2’s roadmap.

Though I suppose they could still potentially get them out before January. Can’t wait to see what “fun” restrictions they have on those systems in any case, just like with property refining.

3 Likes

not but there will be new cosmetics to buy for only 9.99$

are u happy?

3 Likes

Im sure they get plenty of time off, some people on the staff are actual royalties.

We aint hanging on technicallity on wording.

Fatshark has a history of under-delivering on mentioned stuff or take years to do it with not even a semblant of an apology.

We would give them slacks if they had learned something after 2 games but they havent. There is a reason the community is up in arms.

Stop defending greedy corporations.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

1 Like

Whatever you say, bitter one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So when you said “an update this week,” did you mean “we’re getting an update this week” or did you mean “we’re pushing a hotfix in maybe a couple of hours”? Because I couldn’t help but notice that while one functionally covers the other, they paint incredibly different pictures.

2 Likes

The update being the hotfix. Apologies if that was unclear. There will be larger news via a community post after the holidays

Calm down, I’m only asking when we can expect this freature. Problems happens and they delayed all this stuff that they said will be released on December, its fine, but I would like to know when we can expect it and if possible an explanation about the reasons for the change of planes.

Larger news as in timings, milestones and roadmaps that will actually be held up? Or are walking about more “we’re listening and promise to do better soon” ™?

Because as it stands the only things that you guys delivered reliably were empty promises.

2 Likes

If there’s no work being done until then, why not post it now?

Following the Thursday update rule, I’m assuming this means we won’t get the usual community update until Thursday January 5th, 2023.

I’m saying this more for the broader community. I don’t expect anything communication wise until the 5th. As far as a significant patch, I’m not anticipating until at least the following Friday (Jan 13th). I’ll be pleasantly surprise if theres anything that happens before then.

Hadron says to set expectations accordingly.

1 Like

So many people hating on fatshark. If you did not like the track record on vermintide then why did you buy darktide just to complain?

1 Like

People hoped Fatshark had learnt from their mistakes

5 Likes

This is disappointing news. Fatshark continue to bungle almost every vague deadline they give.

Is this really how development is going to continue? We’d be lucky to get 1 new class per year. I’d made snide remarks in the past about the glacial development pace working poorly for live service darktide, didn’t think it’d be this evident so close to launch.

3 Likes

No one bought Darktide just to complain as you say, people bought Darktide because Vermintide 2 eventually ended up being a good game.

People were hoping that they would take what they learnt from VT2 and use that to create a better product instead of regressing to the same problems they had at the beginning of VT2.

But instead of starting from a mountain top, it seems like they jumped off the mountain and now have to work their way back to the top, again.

7 Likes