Is FatShark trolling us?

Our biggest update yet will land next week and will include further improvements, additional weapons, fixes, private sessions, and more.

In today’s update, we want to address a few questions from the community, as well as talk about what’s to come in our next community update on Wednesday, December 14.

So? It’s 4pm UTC.
What are you waiting for?
We expected to have a game update today, more than a “community update”.
Yet nothing.

Are you guys trolling us?

Game has no longevity as far as we’ve seen.
You’re loosing player base day by day.
Cash side this is far from “good” or “productive”.
You better start a whole new week rich in content and updates.
The hard work started a week ago while seems like you went for holidays.

What a shame.

1 Like

muesli
(post deleted by author)

With that wikipedia link to what’s a week (yeah i saw it before you deleted it) i almost believed you were a fatshark employ that tried to stay on topic… aka trollin

2 Likes

I really hope its today though like and not 5pm on Friday… :cold_sweat:

Man chill out.
They gave you a day and it isn’t over yet. no company release their update at 1am early morning. Most of the time it happen around 7pm at best.

It’s not trolling
game can easly provide a hundred hours or more as it is even if I agree on the lack of rewarding feeling in it once max level is reached.
not that much player loss over the week based on steamchart but it might happen depending on how long they take to fully release the game in a functionnal state.

They have been doing regular update since the game is out and are still pumping new thing based on the teaser released recently so no it doesn’t feel like they aren’t here.

There is a lot to do for this game but this is just venting out without purpose.

7 Likes

: ) yeah, i can understand your frustration but its still wednesday.
And Development can be a unpredictable some times.

1 Like

It’s 5pm where they live, my european coworkers, in my game studio, are still at work right now

Update will probably hit in the next 2-3 hours

1 Like

Ain’t we supposed to get the update at morning and to allow if everything would behave properly during the day, and eventually fix, descalate or simply moderate?
Game or community that it is.
Like if in my office i would contact clients almost at the end of my shift for important new informations and not be there, avoid or simply go home while any kind of issue could be generated meantime.

That’s a smart call isn’t it

1 Like

Community Update #6 / Week 3 is not a patch.

The patch is not likely to hit until tomorrow (at best) or Friday as Sweden have Saturday and Sunday off for most employments other than stores such as groceries, fashion, house-related articles etc.

What we were supposed to get today is an overview of the most “profound” changes in the patch this week and an overview of what they’ll focus on the coming week(s), nothing more. Although at this point it’s looking very sketchy that we get it.

The patch is not likely to hit until tomorrow (at best) or Friday as Sweden have Saturday and Sunday

I have literally just given my point of view about it :joy:
“Yes boss, we drop the patch on friday 6.59pm then we go home so if anything is screwed up we’ll fix it monday.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if it hits friday… I honestly think tomorrow is a bit of a pipe-dream.

Alt+F4 to update your game

1 Like

*losing

I’d assume it hits at 19:00CET, that is when both beta and retail launched, as well as the time for at least one patch if I’m not entirely mistaken.

At this point I think OP is trolling.

I’d assume it hits at 19:00CET, that is when both beta and retail launched, as well as the time for at least one patch if I’m not entirely mistaken.

78 minutes to go then.
I still have a point on how bad is the idea of dropping such important updates at this given time.

Plenty of games on steam update at 6 or 7pm CET

December 14th, 2033 is also a Wednesday. Just saying.

5 Likes

Fully agreed. If we get an update at all. I still expect it to be just a blog post with the patch slated to drop friday night lol.

It’s painfully obvious they’ve got little to no project/time management in regards to their deployment times. It’s always the"lets just push it. So long as it is the same day it’s fine! If something is wrong we’ll fix it tomorrow" mentality.
Most regular software companies push out such updates early in the morning and have people standing by monitoring the aftermath.

Bold to assume devs go home when days are over.
Gaming development is plagued with overtime and crunch, both by pressure from the company and by the developers themselves just wanting to work.

When a patch hits, no matter the game, you can bet there are some people there overseeing so things work. Doesn’t matter if it comes in the middle of night or not.

2 Likes

Even if they aren’t trolling, it certainly rubs off like that.

1 Like