A little bit of Patience until next Community Update

I understand, and also have frustration at the current state of the game, however I do think a bit of patience is warranted. Not only are people returning from Holidays, but if they are taking into consideration the many “pain points” than it might take a bit of time to make a game plan, and than communicate it clearly in a community update. I say wait through this week (Community Updates came on Wednesday usually I believe, so thats the day I’m tentatively waiting for) before getting really upset.

And I’m not trying to be a white knight or anything, just we’re dealing with real people not a magic machine. Just a bit more patience is all I’m asking for. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

HERESY!

2 Likes

sddefault

16 Likes

Truly I know I ask for a herculean task for gamers, but I believe it can be done.

2 Likes

I did not gove you permission to use my photograph!!!

Agreed. FatShark picked a horrible time to launch the game in it’s current state. Kind of wished they did the full release a month earlier so they would’ve had more time to address deficits before going on a long holiday. But it is what it is. Hopefully things get turned around.

But I think we might need more patience than some are anticipating. There are a lot of things that need to be addressed, and those fixes will likely need addressing as well.

This game at best is still an early access title, and we paid to join an extensive beta.

7 Likes

Right now I would be satisfied with an acknowledgement of the issues, and at the least a very very loose plan of what fixes are planned. Can have a big warning saying it can change, no timeframe necessary, but just something the community can see and address if its a good change or not.

6 Likes

In my own job, people have only just started coming back to work. Some will be off for a few days more, and I don’t blame them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

true, i’d prefer a thought out and meaningful answer over something rushed. a week or two more of silence wont change anything. but honestly i dont expect much besides “next step of crafting release, wooohooo”

3 Likes

They should have named the release as early access, we wouldn’t have been so harsh with them…

Honestly, as much as I understand people having days off, don’t forget we paid the product. Don’t wanna go full Karen but at least, give us the feeling you respect people paying your product…

14 Likes

I 100% sympathize with the devs, everyone deserves vacation.

That being said, I 100% blame management. Let’s release our game just before our holidays even though it’s not fully baked yet. The mess is their own doing, they did a beta, saw it was half baked, released it just before Christmas and then vacated the premises for holidays.

Very foolish decision. I work in manufacturing, and we never push out new features/updates on a Friday as we don’t want to be called over the weekend to assist with any potential bugs. This is what they did, they released on a Friday.

15 Likes

I fully understand what you’re saying, and I think while we deserve a well put together and comprehensive update post soon people getting angry we don’t have one THIS SECOND are what I was mostly talking about.

Patience was fine to ask for during launch month, but the same feedback has been levied over and over again since closed beta throughout the pre-order beta and after launch. I’m sure most of us don’t expect the devs to just drop their holiday, but given that the game they launched was in such shambles, it wouldn’t have been out of the question for many studios for at least some work to be done during the break and taken time off when the game was in a less dubious position.

11 Likes

-system message-
2399 Aquillas have been deposited to your account

9 Likes

Don’t ask it to happen now, but as usual, what lacks is the communication. Most problems can be solve with communication and transparency

4 Likes

Geez if that was the case I’d be pumping these posts out by the hour lol

Everyone deserves time off. You know who else had time off for the holidays? Us. Know what some of us were doing in that time off? Trying to play this utterly broken game that was released right before all its devs went home.

9 Likes

I think I’ve said to someone else that yes these conversations should have been happening months before, but unfortunately they didn’t and that can’t be changed now. Labor laws in Sweden can be a part of it, and Christmas is a big deal to many people and can be a time to reconnect with Family. We need something soon, but a little patience can go a long way.

1 Like

I used to work IT in manufacturing, I wouldn’t even do small changes on a Friday if I wasn’t fully prepared to work the whole weekend. The production not running over weekends would cost several million.

Releasing a full game - the crown jewel of the studio - right before going on a three week vacation was madness. And a huge f uckup by the management.

16 Likes

Would it be a herculean task for FatShark to not release a half finished game directly before a major holiday?

Or is the onus entirely on us?

16 Likes