Is Shock and Awe only suppose to last 0.5 seconds?

Shock & Awe

-25-40% Enemy Hit Mass for 0.5 seconds on kill. Stacks 5 times.

Thunderhammer takes roughly 0.5 to 0.75 seconds to complete a swing, which means this blessing will never get stacked. Did someone misplace a decimal so it only lasts 0.5 seconds instead of 5 seconds? I can see the intent of having the hammer cleave harder and harder as you wade through a horde, but in it’s current state, the blessing does nothing.

I’m pretty sure the point is that you get a kill at the start of your heavy swing and it lasts long enough to significantly increase the cleave for the rest of that attack. Occasionally with chipped enemies you might get multiple stacks in one swing here and there. It was semi popular before the power fix, but now slaughter increase cleave and stagger as well as damage shock and awe has been left behind as a pretty pointless and outclassed blessing.

Now if it actually helped your damage cleave to improve horde clear rate there might be an argument for running eg slaughterer + S&A to soften T hammer’s weakness at the cost of a bit less single target damage. As it stands a duration increase would improve it but it’d still be a hard sell I think.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.