Instant Crash - does the uploader work if no interface opens?

Instant Crash on start-up:
I’ve chimed in on an existing topic already (Game Crashes before It starts), where the launcher log looks somewhat similar to mine.
But I can’t be too sure that it’s exactly the same problem, so here goes:

The game instantly crashes on start-up, before I even see the EAC screen. There is a black crashuploder console visible for at most a second, and that’s it. I am not asked to provide any further information.
I can directly start the game through the exe, of course, but that won’t let me log in for obvious reasons.
There is no crash or console log, but upon combing through the launcher log, crash reports are supposedly sent. The exit code is usually 0xC0000005.

The computer has an i5-6500 - which I’m aware is a bit weak, but I doubt this is the problem at this stage - and a GTX 970; Running Windows 10 N with installed codecs.
I did try the usual: Turn of Windos Virus protection, make firewall exceptions (just in case, though tbf. Vermintide 2 runs just fine, as has for years), start Steam as Admin, update Graphics drivers, etc.
Also verified the files and did delete the app-data folder once (hence the launcher log will have just the latter half of attempts).
I do appologize if this is indeed the same issue you’ve probably seen your share of reports of by now, but there’s no way for me to tell.

Crash Report (If Applicable) / Error Displayed (If Applicable):
guid: 337da57d-a944-4335-84e9-d83dfa1aa3d0

guid: 622c200c-3398-4692-9637-2ffd010722b7

Steps to Reproduce:
Click play in the launcher

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/20/2022, 17:48AM/PM] [CET] - or any other time if I try again then.

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
I can’t reliably click fast enough to create a screenshot. Not that there’s anything to see.

Upload Console Log:
There is none.

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (109.5 KB)
Launcher log has been attached.

There will be some sort of interference from another application here, usually Anti-Virus/Firewall but I appreciate you’ve already checked those. Anything else running on your PC perhaps?

1 Like

My Firewall/Antivirus is Windows standard, I certainly hope those have been planned for. ^^

Let’s see, there’s flux (screen colour), discord, msi afterburner (gpu monitoring)…
Actually, that was it.
The Afterburner Programm apparantly relied on ‘Riva Tuner’, and turning off both allowed me to pass the original EAC initialization. Granted, without that service the card might overheat, but risks have to be taken.
Thank you for reminding me to check that!
Also thanks for apparently moving this to the correct forum.